What is wrong with the Australian Cricket Team??

Deadman Inc

1990 − 2011. Retired 2012 − 2013. Back Again 2014
Lost the One Day series to India last season
Lost the test series against India in India
Lost the test series against South Africa
Lost the One Day series to South Africa
Lost the first 2 games against a hapless NZ
On a 5 game losing streak (ODI)
Slipped to 3rd on the ODI rankings

Is what happened to the West Indies after their era of dominance going to happen to Australia?? Get Symonds back in the team and throw some $$$ at Gilly and Warnie to come out of retirement

Problem is that too many of the greats stayed n far too long and the selectors were happy to let things roll along safe in the (as it turned out erroneous) knowledge that their would be enough experienced Shield players to take up the slack. As a result there are too many inexperienced players starting their careers at the same time. They can't play their natural game because they are too scared of failure and losing their spot in the lineup.

Blame Cricket Australia and the selectors.

I hate to say it but I agree with Brenton. Australian cricket is back to where we were when Border too over the captaincy. Its now a grind to get the right balance of players firstly then keeping them together so they can get the experience. Australia should really only be around number 3 or 4 in world standings anyway. Cricket, for us aussie fans, isnt going to be as fun as it once was to watch, not for a while atleast. I wouldnt be surprised to see The Ashes going back to England too.

I wouldnt be surprised to see The Ashes going back to England too.
West Indies just beat England by an Innings and 23 runs after bowling the poms out for 51 in their second innings. If Australia lose the Ashes to these blokes then....well I can't even imagine. When you got guys like Hodge, Chris Rogers and Adam Voges who are being overlooked for young inexperienced blokes, then I guess it's going to take time and patience.

West Indies just beat England by an Innings and 23 runs after bowling the poms out for 51 in their second innings. If Australia lose the Ashes to these blokes then....well I can't even imagine. When you got guys like Hodge, Chris Rogers and Adam Voges who are being overlooked for young inexperienced blokes, then I guess it's going to take time and patience.

What I see is if Australia loses the Ashes they will probibly lose to the West Indies as well

We wont know how England are going until we see how they fight back from that disaster. But they made 300 odd in the first innings so who knows what happened there, Might have been just a major brain fade from the English.
I also think the Windies could give us a run for our money. They are obviously not the Windies of old (thank god lol) but they are on the improve, Who knows maybe they are on the up and up now.
Like I said Australia realistically are about 3rd or 4th on the list.

Australia dont seem to have the bowlers, batters come and go, they either belt the ball or get out, my problem is the fact that in the one days, bracken goes around the wicket and gets smashed, other try stuff and fail, we have won 2 out of 8, something majorly wrong

Brenton and Pyro you are both Wrong, we may never get another McGrath or Warne, they have never had any Shield players up and coming, who were anywhere near as good, or they would have Blooded them. We may get 1 good Bowler in the Future but I doubt we will see the Best 2 Bowlers in the World, in the Australian Team again, at the one time.

willey

Since the India tour the selectors have picked a total of 32 players in the Australian Squad. I've never seen so many players in and out of the team in the space of a few months

I wish they did... But like someone else just said, the ammount of players in and out of the side lately is madness. How on earth these people (selectors) think is beyond me lol

We all just have to accept the fact that Australian cricket isnt going to be strong again for a while & we just have to be paitent until they find their feet again. On the up side we are seeing some magic shots, just from the opposition more so than from our own.

Back
Top Bottom