Has Australian lost a chance to the IV Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Championships 2008

GBS

More than a newbie
Has Australian lost a chance to the IV Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Championships 2008? This is the BIG question.
In the past, the winners of the previous years’ (2007) National Rankings were Australia’s representatives. The Adult Male and Female and The Youth Male and Female were our representatives.
What are we doing?
Go to:-
http://www.nitbf.org.uk/CTBC/documents/CTBC_2008_Bulletin_01.pdf
IV Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Championships 2008
Forms and Deadlines*
Attached to this bulletin are the forms related to the IV Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Championships 2008. Please pay attention to the following deadlines:
Form A: CTBC 2008 Entry Form, Deadline – 2nd May 2008
Federations, sending the Entry Form later than Monday 30th June will not be permitted to compete in the championships.
The strict enforcement of the deadline is to ensure all participants and officials a well planned championship with stable schedules.
Form B: Hotel Form, Deadline – 30th June 2008
Federations sending their forms later than Monday 30th June cannot expect to be accommodated at the official hotel, cannot expect the special hotel rates and will not be able to benefit from the provided transport service during the championships.
In any case there will be no bus service for federations choosing to accommodate their delegations at other hotels than the official hotel.
*All completed forms should be returned to Karen Payne (NITBF Secretary) via email at [email protected]
Just another question

Re: Has Australian lost a chance to the IV Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Championships

To answer your question....YES, Australia will NOT be competing in the Commonwealth Tenpin Championships this year. If memory serves me well, the announcement was made at the TBA AGM in Sydney this year.

Usually, in order to build a sport one would take two steps forward and one step back...we seem to be doing the opposite. :(

Re: Has Australian lost a chance to the IV Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Championships

Sorry to say Wayne but the question is still awaiting an answer. But according to the original post and Commonwealth website the deadline was 30/6/08.

My next question is will Australia gain an exemption for the Championship in Ireland?

Then next question? Who will they Send if the Top Ranked Bowlers from each division of 2007 say no?

The next ranked players on the 2007 Rankings List would be the correct answer to that.

From the 2007 final rankings the team would look like this

Adult

George Frilingos - 792 points
Ann-Maree Putney - 1150 points

Youth

Glen Loader - 796 points
Cassie Staudinger - 622 points

Now that's a great team, I'd like to see the players in Belfast. So would Australia.

I thought I had answered the question .....please read my post again!

In my opinion it is a good move for Australia not to compete at the Commonwealth Championships...if TBA does not have the funding to send teams to be biggest event for all categories (Mens, Women and Youth) then why would we send team to this Championship to compete against..to be honest 4 strong nations (England, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore).

No disrespect to the tournament but Asian Zone Championships would be much more beneficial to attend and we havent sent adult teams to these for the past 2 years.

No one is happy with the cost involved for the Youth or Mens team this year and i am guessing the cost will not be cheap for the women attending their Worlds in Las Vegas next year, so imagine what it would cost to send 4 players plus support staff to go to Belfast, Ireland......

To be financially responsible TBA needed to cut back on some trips and unfortunetely this is one that needed to go. Dont get me wrong if TBA has a pot of gold then a team should be sent....but at the moment the pot of gold is not there yet. Hopefully moving forward additional funding will be available and teams will be sent to not only World Champs but also Asian Zone and Commonwealth Championships.

Looks like I won't be defending my Commonwealth Mens Masters title, nor will Australia get to attempt another record haul as was the case in Melbourne in 2006. I hope it changes and they stumble over a pot of gold soon.

As for who would go, maybe we should a few camps to sort that out :D Using a proven formula (as per the last games) can't possible work again, cough;cough

I emailed Gillian 1 week ago and to date there is no response, I wonder if we will be sending a team at all?

Hey George,
"Officially out of retirement" when did you retire. I've seen your name in every tournament since your "so called retirement". Cant wait for your next retirement, another $200 on the bar,I should be thirsty by then. Go lefties.
Cheers Lovey

George, did you get an answer?

not yet :d maybe in a few months

Back
Top Bottom