Gold Coast Roll-offs Assoc. Chall.

Sean you do have a point, and for the last 2 years the reserve has always been the 8th placed bowler.
I think that this year the committee are just hedging their options a little. It is only my opinion, (and I am not the only committee member), but I would imagine that if someone with considerable previous experience in the GC team were to come further down the field than 8th, they might, repeat might, get the nod.
I am still thinking of last year when Jimmy nearly missed out on the team. He did eventually bowl in the team and went on to make the all star team.

Anyway Sean I would hope that you are planning on coming higher than 8th!

I also believe that the fund raising will be easier this time as I believe it is all being done through Brisbane Area Assoc. Entry tickets are at this moment being printed for access to the Gold Coast Mens motel rooms. These tickets will be marketed to the Brisbane womens team.

Andrew S.

we would have raised more funds last year if the gold coast mens manager, didn't get the brisbane ladies manager, to come and remove a willing participant from the team fund raising HQ. :wink:

Well Andrew after my last two performances trialing for the team, I won't be putting any money on myself.

Sean you know better than that.
You know the most important thing of all in sports performance is believing in yourself.
I know luck can play a part, but self belief brings the luck with it.
End of second lesson.
Andrew.

Yeah well this year I am going in with no pressure. If I make it, I make it.......and if I don't, I don't. :roll:

Just another quick question Andrew.......Any news about the roll-off dates being changed? Seems a bit silly to be holding them on the dates of a Major tournament which is only going to force a few bowlers not to roll-off. Which I don't think the team can afford. Not mentioning any names but I'm sure you know who the bowlers are that I am talking about.

Sean from what I have heard some of the major contenders have already announced their intention not to roll-off. This may be rumour but it seems pretty strong. So on that score I don't think there will be a change.
The x factor is Paradise and when does it close? Before the roll-off? After the roll-off? Who knows. They have handled the closure business very badly indeed.
Now when they say something nobody knows what to believe.
When the dates were laid down we tried to avoid any tournament clashes in order to maximise the numbers. At the same time the roll-off was brought forward to give people a longer period of time to raise the money needed to go away.However I will bring this to the attention of the committee so could you please advise what the roll-off clashes with, and what would be a suitable alternative date.
(Craig will be reading this and loving every minute, he reckons his lot have a show this time).

Well I spoke to Kim on Tuesday night, if the have the roll off on the 8th I wont be bowling, Kim said that she will try and move it to the week before, as Canberra is a major, I am getting a free entry there to Canberra thats why I want to bowl.
I explained to Kim that if the 8th couldnt be changed I will have to roll off for Brisbane, she said she will speak to Bill and the others to see what they can do.
I want to bowl for the Gold Coast, but I would also like to bowl a major, so if they cant change it I will understand, and I know dave is going as well, but I also know that dave wont be bowling for the gold coast next year.
Well I will have to sit back and wait, I know someone has said dont change the date, cause we dont need them bowlers anyway. But how wrong is that person. :lol: :) :eek:

Andrew.....what is more important? Where the roll-off is held or who is in the team? I think that is the X factor to me. It clashes with the Brunswick Open in Canberra. Tipicle that a major is on and it seems like the commitee had no clue at all. Just my thoughts.

OK so Kellie has brought this to the attention of the committee, thats good.
Does the week before, ie Sunday 1st December clash with anything?

No the first week in December is good for everyone the weekend after the 8th is bad cause people are bowling at redcliff that weekend so the first weekend in december is good like I said to Kim if you cant change well that is ok, Like I told her I havent bowled a major before and I would love too, and the chance is there to bowl one and I am going to take it. :lol:

The first weekend being the 1st of December sounds like the best one. I don't know of anything that involves Gold Coast bowlers on that weekend. Like Kellie said any other weekend is not good.

I have just spoken to Bill Hart who is now going to talk to Kim. I said that I fully supported the move to the earlier week-end, hopefully we can get a satisfactory outcome.
Sean thank you for raising this, you are quite right, committees aren't always aware of other events and if you're prepared to work on a committee, you should be.

Thanks so much for that Andrew I hope they can change the date, the committee wasnt to know that there was a major on so I dont see why they wont support the move to change it. I am sure they would like to keep the bowlers happy.

I have received information from a reliable source that the committee has come to the decision that the dates for the roll-offs will not be changed.

So as far as I know the first roll off will be conducted on 8th December.

Makes perfect sense to me, punish the bowlers who make the effort to travel to National events to further their bowling. It's good to see so many Queensland bowlers supporting National events, it's a shame they usually get punished for it some how. This is a clear example.

If there is another weekend it would be pretty obvious to change it to that. The only other event on that weekend is Blacktown in NSW but no one I know from QLD is going to that. For the sake of common sense, change the date and it will be a win win for everyone concerned.

Back
Top Bottom