End of an era in Brisbane bowling

scott

I would just like to inform everyone that on March 18th 2008 at 5pm Milton Ten Pin Bowl will be closing its doors for ever. It is a huge shame as this was 1 of the last 2 original bowls left open in Brisbane. I wish all the current bowlers at Milton all the best and to all us staff it was great working with you over the years. We will be looking at selling the inside of the bowl off, watch this space for more details to come

Regards Scotty Fryer

:( ive just stared bowling league there

its really sad to see another private centre leave us

Sorry to hear this. Will have some fond memories of the place.

What happens to the leagues now?

Hammo

I was shocked to hear the news. Its the first place i bowled in when i moved to QLD, meet alot of great people there in the short time ive been up here and i will surely miss the place.

I am so sorry to hear this, one of the original centres. Debbie & I have bowled in all of the old 'Northstate' centres. Now only one 'original' is left.

I will miss bowling there, I have made alot of new friends at Milton. Good luck to all those who are employed by the centre.

What is happening to the leagues ?

At this stage with leagues we are working on them guys leave it with me as too why the developers that have bought the tennis courts have now bought the bowl and some surounding land thats all i know at this stage its a sad day for me as i was just getting on top of things there so i am a little disapointed today

Sad to hear Milton is closing. Never liked climbing the stairs to bowl there but i achieved a few things in that centre. Onr thing is my first 300 a few years back in the brisbane team roll off. Before the Kegal arrived

It will be missed

Well I am shocked. I bowled there for 10 years and have many great memories at Milton. Bowled my first 300 game there and have met so many great people over the years. Very sad news indeed

SAD NEWS INDEED. A LOT OF DISAPPOINTED BOWLERS TODAY. ALL THE BEST FOR THE STAFF AND MAYBE THE DEVELOPERS OF THE NEW COMPLEX HAVE A FEW SUPRISES IN STORE FOR US.

KIM SUNA

if anybody would like to buy anything from the bowl PM me or call 3369 2488 to speak to me for any info

shocked is not the word.i feal like ive lost a pet or somethink today.
Keep your chin up scotty,somthing good will come of this,it always does.
(its was also the the only place i could beat carl.now im stuffed)
Thanks to milton and there staff.
i will miss all of it.
Mark wyatt

I remember being there on the night of the re-opening after the floods wiped it out. We were gobsmacked at how fast the machines were. You'd bowl the ball and it was back on the return before you got back. I worked there back in '79 with Steve Geen and the Curtis family up the front with Gary O'neill as manager. It was the first time I ran into Tom Kury and he told me to p... off while he was practising as it put him off having someone watching him. So many memeories it'll be sad to see it go.

Lenny, you have only scratched the surface of the stories from the 'old days' haven't you !! Hard to believe what happened during the flood and after and another bowling icon is going .... sad for the present staff and bowlers but the memories from the past are MOSTLY good !

Flower

I will be trying to find the old 300 plaques that were on the back wall if anybody knows of anbody that shot 300 and they had a plaque could you get them to get in contact with me

Thanks Scotty Fryer :sad1:

I was shocked to seen it on the TBAL website- felt miss a milton bowl very much as big sad but myself not want see a Milton Bowl to go!!!

Myself used bowled a Milton Bowl league for many, many years, it gave me memories as great on the bunswick lanes.

Milton Bowl was one of 4 original Brisbane bowling centres established in early 1960's so leave Greenslopes Lanes is stilll one of 4 as oldest Brisbane bowling centre now as operating run on since 1961.

deaf lefty

Turkey bowled one Scott, im sure he'd love that back if he hasnt already :D

I'll really miss Milton too, It was probably about 8 years ago I started bowling there, was going to give the game away but heard about a quality singles league on monday nights so I got back into it. I've really enjoyed bowling at Milton, met alot of great people from the Thursday night league and the staff are great. Fingers crossed we get a decent rollup over at Cannon Hill for the new league!

Back
Top Bottom