Emerson Shield 2012

How does mowell get the final when they fail to put a team in? Dosen't bother me just seems odd.
Cause we are just that good - Centres need a minimum of 20 lanes to host the final if they still propose that the men and ladies bowl together and on a city - country - city rotation it does not leave many country centres available - Lack of a team of Morwell is not due to a lack of capable bowlers - Similiar scenario with the Juniors for next year being at Naree - they didnt field a junior side in either the boys or girls division this year. State Champs also at Morwell next year - Hope the Kegel is on order and not on a slow boat from China - In the same breath though Deano Morwell will never hold a zone final - as these will be given to the smaller centres that can not hold a state final

PREVIOUS WINNERS
Year
Venue
Dates Held
Men's Winners
Women's Winners
Ed Fleming Lanes
November 3rd, 4th
Ed Fleming Lanes
Werribee
Shepparton
November 2nd, 3rd
Ed Fleming Lanes
Shepparton
Morwell
November 1st, 2nd
Geelong
Morwell
Geelong
October 30th, 31st
Melton
Shepparton
Mentone
November 26th, 27th
Shepparton
Geelong
Werribee
November 25th, 26th
Werribee
Werribee
Geelong
November 24th, 25th
Shepparton
Shepparton
Epping
November 22nd, 23rd
Werribee
Werribee
Altona
November 28th, 29th
Mentone
Werribee
Narre Warren
November 27nd, 28th Werribee Epping
Epping
November 26th, 27th
Werribee
Werribee

Venue is in black. This year was obviously Chirnside Park....obviously Morwell would be due, but I agree with Deano on that. Why dont Morwell put teams in? Werribee would be due before Geelong....things like where junior and senior shield are held come into it as well

We may not get the scores so I'll manually do it:
Ladies:

Werribee 93 (16076)
Chirnside Park 84.5 (19093)
Mentone 74 (15337)
Geelong 72 (15374)
Narre Warren 68 (15382)
Shepparton 64 (15071)
Mildura 63 (15151)
Bendigo 49.5 (14180)
Ballarat 31 (13344)
Warrnambool 27 (13605)

All Stars:
Narelle Baker 197
Jenny Notman 195
Amanda De Lange 193
Nicole McPartlane 190
Kaitlyn Commane 190

Men:
Werribee 75 (16640)
Bendigo 70.5 (16472)
Mentone 70 (17211)
Geelong 69.5 (16347)
Mildura 68.5 (16504)
Chirnside Park 60 (16090)
Warrnambool 59.5 (16383)
Shepparton 57.5 (16310)
Epping 54 (16172)
Bowlarama 45.5 (15444)

All Stars:
Craig Ryan 205
Dean McKinnon 200
Peter Emmett 200
Rikki Pool 199
Mark Malloy 199

Venue is in black. This year was obviously Chirnside Park....obviously Morwell would be due, but I agree with Deano on that. Why dont Morwell put teams in? Werribee would be due before Geelong....things like where junior and senior shield are held come into it as well
Werribee will probably get it before geelong because werribee is city and geelong is country, so the next city one will most likely be werribee then the one after that will be geelong.

I dont see why a centre needs to put in a team to be eligible to actually hold the event, it means no one has a home centre advantage and makes it an even playing field.

Definitely agree with the even playing field concept...but if a centre hasnt supported the event for years, should they be rewarded with the lineage theyll receive? Dont get me wrong, theres some Morwell guys I'm friends with, I'd absolutely love to see them involved.

From some comments made on Sunday after the announcement of next years final's venue it will be interesting to see who bowls..... teams & individuals.

Rob

Good job with the posting Adam.
Is there anyone with a copy of Men's and Women's final standing sheets that can post it on here please...... even just a photo from a phone would be good :)

PS -- still waiting for a copy of Women's standings from Northern Zone Kev.

I am trying to keep a record of every year for the history of the event for the future. If results don't get posted soon after the event they tend to get lost forever

Definitely agree with the even playing field concept...but if a centre hasnt supported the event for years, should they be rewarded with the lineage theyll receive? Dont get me wrong, theres some Morwell guys I'm friends with, I'd absolutely love to see them involved.

Yeah true i didnt think about the lineage part of it.
Is there a reason morwell doesnt send a team or is it that they are not good enough to make the finals?

this year particularly with southern zone final there was a clash of events and the fact that Morwell were hosting the other event and did so surperbly, probably meant individuals had to make choices as to what they wanted to bowl.

Lack of organisation from the centre has seen Morwell fail to get an adult team together for the last couple of years - although we did bowl zones last year, There is also abit of history that has seen people once bitten twice shy when it comes to Emerson. Trying to put together a team 2 weeks out from the zones didnt help
Can we be competitive - I think that we have the bowlers to get us into the state finals and be competitive. Just needs to be a bit more leadership and direction in the organisation of the trials and the teams and if that cant be delivered by the current process then let someone who wants to organise it run with it

Back
Top Bottom