Geelong lanes

Ebonite Jnr

Ebonite Bowler
Hi guys,
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me a bit more info on what the conditions are like in geelong at there center where the Emerson shield final will be held?like will there standard house pattern be used?any other centers around equivelant to this place?are the approaches slippery or grip well?general info and specs if possible :) cheers:D

Will reply as to what I know...pretty sure they are HPL lanes with wooden approaches which should be nice for all unless just coated or a long time since coated. Were converted from wood in December 2004? (Right after our Emerson victory :)). From the guys comments that I know bowl there, the centre is tradionally heavily oiled, but patterns change depending on what people want. I've enjoyed my experiences there.

Gellong are good lanes and if you are worried then you should go and bowl on them before the finals. At least you will have an idea what to expect. Dont be like most bowlers rock up on the day and complain that they did not suit you. Get down and practice and your Emerson Shield Final will be a good one.:p

Gellong are good lanes and if you are worried then you should go and bowl on them before the finals. At least you will have an idea what to expect. Dont be like most bowlers rock up on the day and complain that they did not suit you. Get down and practice and your Emerson Shield Final will be a good one.:p
Most bowlers??? That's a bit rough Joe, maybe some bowlers.
Noelene

Dont be like most bowlers rock up on the day and complain that they did not suit you.

C'mon Joe,

you almost had that line right...... You know us bowlers never complain.... ;)

its not in our nature to do such a thing ;)

Hi guys,
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me a bit more info on what the conditions are like in geelong at there center where the Emerson shield final will be held?like will there standard house pattern be used?any other centers around equivelant to this place?are the approaches slippery or grip well?general info and specs if possible :) cheers:D

they are good lanes when i bowl on them on friday nights for league sometimes the lane conditions change from time to time

Back
Top Bottom