Emerson Shield 2009

All I can say is WOW.
Ive missed alot in the last couple of months!
The pattern doesnt look too bad. The men are going to have to use their heads this year, instead of only relying on their balls... ;p
None of us ladies bowl like men so we should be ok! =D
Its a shame some have pulled out because of the pattern. I dont think I could pull out of such a great event over something like oil, then again, maybe if it was no oil.....

(Please, Im not having a go here) I understand that the Asian Seniors are bowling on this pattern? I know that its in a different country, hence different conrtibuting factors, but if its a pattern approved for Asian Zones, then it cannot be as "dangerous" as some have suggested?

Ive bowled at Altona many times over the last 6 years but have not been there since Rachuig 07.. so I am looking forward to visiting again!
I cannot wait to catch up with bowlers I have not seen in...almost 12 months!
Leaving tomorrow after noon.. Safe travells to those that have to and best of luck to all competing!!

Alicia

Good luck to everyone that is bowling on the weekend. Make sure you enjoy yourselves and realize how lucky you are to be bowling. I'm gonna miss not being there but so be it - hopefully next year!

Can someone please keep a copy of the standing sheets for me (preferably standings round by round - but at a minimum the final standing sheets and averages for men and women.... please.... :) )

Thanks - have fun!

Can someone please keep a copy of the standing sheets for me (preferably standings round by round - but at a minimum the final standing sheets and averages for men and women.... please.... :) )

Gary I'll get the ladies sheets and email them to you. PM me with your email or fax details.

All I can say is WOW.
Ive missed alot in the last couple of months!
The pattern doesnt look too bad. The men are going to have to use their heads this year, instead of only relying on their balls... ;p
None of us ladies bowl like men so we should be ok! =D
Its a shame some have pulled out because of the pattern. I dont think I could pull out of such a great event over something like oil, then again, maybe if it was no oil.....

(Please, Im not having a go here) I understand that the Asian Seniors are bowling on this pattern? I know that its in a different country, hence different conrtibuting factors, but if its a pattern approved for Asian Zones, then it cannot be as "dangerous" as some have suggested?

Ive bowled at Altona many times over the last 6 years but have not been there since Rachuig 07.. so I am looking forward to visiting again!
I cannot wait to catch up with bowlers I have not seen in...almost 12 months!
Leaving tomorrow after noon.. Safe travells to those that have to and best of luck to all competing!!

Alicia

Well said Alicia

Good Luck to all that is bowling. I know i would love to be bowling but due to work commitments etc i wont be.

Easy Patterns or Dangerous Patterns i dont care, it would just be great to bowl and catch up for some fimilar and new faces.

good luck to all bowlers bowling this weekend and remember its not how you bowl its how much fun you have doing it that counts:)

So now that it's all done and dusted can someone that bowled please tell us how many casualties there are from bowling on such a "Dangerous" condition? Was the Ambulance just doing constant round trips to the hospital and back or was onsite treatment all that was necessary? Well done to all those that made it through alive.

So now that it's all done and dusted can someone that bowled please tell us how many casualties there are from bowling on such a "Dangerous" condition? Was the Ambulance just doing constant round trips to the hospital and back or was onsite treatment all that was necessary? Well done to all those that made it through alive.

And now that you're done with your smart ass comments..maybe you can say something about how the centre changed the pattern/amount of oil only after Tonx and I brought attention to what we both felt would be a disasterous event for the bowlers welfare.

And now that you're done with your smart ass comments..maybe you can say something about how the centre changed the pattern/amount of oil only after Tonx and I brought attention to what we both felt would be a disasterous event for the bowlers welfare.

How were the "dangerous approaches" Wayne? You really do dig yourself holes sometimes. And now that all is said and done, we can see how big a hole this one was.

"Boycott Emerson! You will all get injured!!"

Yet another great contribution.

No need to say more.

Sorry Wayne, would you like a medal or just the chest to pin it on? Thank god you spoke up and saved the whole event!

just to answer you bluey no ambulances were called everyone had fun and if you look at the scores most were able to bowl effectively.

Wayne,

The pattern/oil volume was not changed, from the original posted pattern.

Mick

Back
Top Bottom