Emerson Shield 2008

Gary I think you will find Bendigo was one of the teams you are looking for in 2001. But I stand to be corrected.

I don't remember Shepp bowling until the next year (the final was in Shepp I think).

I remember comments being made that we missed the first emerson!!

But could be wrong!!;)

Ballarat were there in the first year, I'll see if I can track down names for you.
Also in the Womens high games section, Kim Lobb bowled for Greensborough if I remenber rightly.

Hi Graham / Nat
Greensborough didn't bowl in 2001, I think their first year was 2002!:)
Noelene
Noelene

In my high scores section of the website i have a listing for Kim Lobb 265 game - Centre "Unknown" this is what Graeme was referring to when he says she bowled for Greensborough.

It looks like we have all 8 original centres now -- just need to have Bendigo confirmed as Matt H is not positive.

I have tested someone elses memory ( Joe Tomasinski ) god help me.

Werribee Ladies won
EFL Men won
Geelong
Ballarat
Bendigo
Mentone
Melton
Bairnsdale

One other ladies team (maybe Greensborough) and one other mens team (maybe Warrnambool) not from the same centre. Please don't quote me.

Gunther:surrender::surrender::surrender:

I think that it might have been Warrnambool for the men, and a bye for the ladies. Have this memory that it was not even for both side.

I do not remember bendigo being at the first emerson.

If anyone could find him Simon Calder (EFL Manager at the time) would be the one to ask?

What about Ray Hodge? has he got the details

Okay - so which centres definitely bowled?

MEN
EFL, Werribee, Mentone, Melton, Geelong, Ballarat, Bairnsdale??, and someone else??

WOMEN
Werribee, EFL, Mentone, Melton, Geelong, Ballarat, Bairnsdale and BYE??

:frusty::frusty:

Gee and I was told that it was the chemo that shot my memory.

Now I realise that I'm just like everybody else.

Liz

just wondering if any know s if bowland cranbourne (newly goldpin) are looking in to putting a team together for emerson?

Some friends of ours bowl at Cranbourne and they have been asking the centre for years but still nothing has happened.

Maybe the bowlers need to get together and approach the centre as a group to show your interest.

Liz

Noelene
In my high scores section of the website i have a listing for Kim Lobb 265 game - Centre "Unknown" this is what Graeme was referring to when he says she bowled for Greensborough.
It looks like we have all 8 original centres now -- just need to have Bendigo confirmed as Matt H is not positive.

Hi Gary

It was cbheat2 who made that comment not me. I think we where are a origial centre in the emerson shield

Cheers Matt H

Hi Gary,
I've been able to get a lane draw for the 2001 Emerson at EFL.
Men's & Ladies teams
Werribee
Ballarat
Dragon City
Geelong
Ed Fleming
Melton
Bairnsdale
Mentone
Warrnambool
Bye
Gary if you would like the lane draw schedule faxed or scanned and sent to you please let me know. If you would like it to be faxed pm me.
Noelene:):)

Ballarat 2001 Emerson teams
Men (only 6 of us)
Graeme O'Connor
Peter Gallagher
John Goldsmith
Mick Sloper
Ian Trainer
Steve Compston

Ladies (only 5 of them)
Natalie O'Connor
Natalie Coles
Judy Cartledge
Donna Vervort
Aline Martin

Some friends of ours bowl at Cranbourne and they have been asking the centre for years but still nothing has happened.
Maybe the bowlers need to get together and approach the centre as a group to show your interest.
Liz

i would love to approach the center with a group, are your friends on this site?

Back
Top Bottom