Emerson Shield 2008

many teams still have roll off's for the best bowlers for the side. Cos im sure not all teams are using the same teams as last year. so anything can happen this year. Last year was eppings first emmerson sheild, and had a nervouse 1st time team. and the team is un decided yet . younever know epping still can pull through. so i think it is a bit to early to start making predictions on who is going to win this early

many teams still have roll off's for the best bowlers for the side. Cos im sure not all teams are using the same teams as last year. so anything can happen this year. Last year was eppings first emmerson sheild, and had a nervouse 1st time team. and the team is un decided yet . younever know epping still can pull through. so i think it is a bit to early to start making predictions on who is going to win this early

thats why they are only predictions............

You missed my point entirely Gary i was referring to the comment you made about Altona"s possible team . Cheers Ralph .

Just as long as you don't miss the pointy part of those ten pins Gary, you don't want to totally rely on luck by not hitting the head pin.

Sale will be there :new_shocked:
We might be closing our doors (to relocate :marsa37: ) nearer to March (could be longer ;) ) but we'll be there fingers crossed
Now about being in the final - maybe we'll just scare a few teams before hand but really unsure if we could make the final with all the changes down this way :angel2:.
Cheers
Jason

For those that are interested i have updated the Emerson shield data and added results for 2007.

http://gatsby.www5.50megs.com/Tenpin/Emerson/Emerson.html

I have tried to get the history on "paper" but have discovered that i don't have all the data (ie 2001 had only 8 teams but i don't know all 8).

Any help to update this would be appreciated. It is also quite possible that i have mixed up some of the teams and what zones they were in for a particular year (a couple of centres seemed to bounce from eastern to Central etc). So anyone that can find a mistake or add to what i have let me know

Now you are really really taxing my memory here Gary. I remember driving back from the National in Canberra in 2001 and stopping in at EFL to watch.

Melton is one that comes to mind as a definite.

Liz

Thank goodness for the edit option. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think Morwell was another one as they were no longer needed in Dunn Shield.

Hi Gary

I think Bairnsdale were there as well. May be wrong but seem to remember them.

I also think Liz is correct that Morwell were there.

Noelene

I think I remember Julie Hinton bowling there. Was Tammy Battle bowling for Bairnsdale also or has the chemo still got control of my memory?

Liz

Thanks Liz and Noelene - that would make 7 teams (if Bairnsdale is correct). What about Warrnambool - were they there in 2001??

Actually i also have in my notes for 2001 "no Morwell" so someone must have told me they weren't one of the 8 teams (probably Woza)

Liz, - Julie Hinton bowled CCup for Bairnsdale in 2001 and 2002 and Tammy Battle bowled 2002 only. It is likely then if Bairnsdale were in Emerson in 2001 that one or both would have been bowling.

I have also picked up through total bowling somewhere that all stars the first year (though not confirmed) were
David Carmichael (GEELONG)
Tim Martin (WERRIBEE)
Dave Berry (EFL)
Roger Jones (EFL)
and someone else

Lisa Notman (WERRIBEE)
Ann Bonning (WERRIBEE)
Lee Booth (EFL)
Robyn Gray (EFL)
and someone else

I can confirm that David was in the AllStar team Gatsby. Did you want the rest of the team for that same year? I dont have any scores, but should be able to put the team together for you.

I can confirm that David was in the AllStar team Gatsby. Did you want the rest of the team for that same year? I dont have any scores, but should be able to put the team together for you.
Yes please -- the more info i get the better. I have Mentone's Men and Women's team members for every year 2001 - 2007 (thanks to Noelene) and it would be good to get every other centre too - or as many as possible.

I have started by asking for 2001 data and i will work through each year until i get all that is available. My intention would be to have a listing for all bowlers for each year. So far i only have 2004 - 2007 and bits and pieces before that -- i guess it is a work in progress.

My line of thinking :rolleyes: was it maybe Shepparton/Ballarat?
Liz
So far we have definitely
Werribee / Ed Fleming / Geelong / Mentone / Melton

maybe Bairnsdale

plus two others -- Warrnambool ? Shepparton ? Ballarat ?

I'm sure someone will remember - it was only 7 years ago. I also have a note that says it was two full rounds plus a positional = 15 games = is that right?

I'm 99% certain one was Bairnsdale but will keep digging.

I will also contact Robyn Bull to see if maybe she has some info on 2001 seeing as it was held at EFL.

Has anybody thought of the possibility that there was a BYE and were only 7 teams?

Also it could be a typo but I thought Robyn Gray bowled for Werribee not EFL.

Liz

Robyn Gray was definitely Werribee.
Liz - Lorraine Miller bowled for EFL so Robyn (Bull) may be able to get some info from her. Just a thought.
Noelene

Hi Gary

Bairnsdale did bowl the first emerson

Julie Hinton, was the top all star..

Hope this helps...

I am trying to think which other centre's bowled

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom