Definition of a session of continuous games - for surface alteration purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too many sports allow sucking a cancer stick during game play these days. I mean remember the outcry when Warney was seen with one whilst sitting in the stands watching from the pavilion.

The reason is the perceived image of a competitor puffing away in between physical exertion is not sending a clear message to the public at large. Now whilst I accept a lot of bowlers are not a picture of perfect health, nor claim to be, the fact is that bowling is still a sport, and for the good of the sport the rule was introduced.

It is not the sport that is narrow minded, it is societal shift in philosophy that bowling has just taken that societal mind shift and applied it to the rules. Bowlers just need to adapt to the rule changes as per any other sports person.

Not too many sports allow sucking a cancer stick during game play these days. I mean remember the outcry when Warney was seen with one whilst sitting in the stands watching from the pavilion.

The reason is the perceived image of a competitor puffing away in between physical exertion is not sending a clear message to the public at large. Now whilst I accept a lot of bowlers are not a picture of perfect health, nor claim to be, the fact is that bowling is still a sport, and for the good of the sport the rule was introduced.

It is not the sport that is narrow minded, it is societal shift in philosophy that bowling has just taken that societal mind shift and applied it to the rules. Bowlers just need to adapt to the rule changes as per any other sports person.
Warney was within his rights to have a smoke - it isn't banned during a cricket match, only on the field. And it doesn't apply from the start of the day until stumps either.

Ever heard of Dougie Walters? He could put a few away too. And were these two examples bad cricketers? Bad for the sport? Come on, get real.

As for societal shift - is this a new way of saying discrimination? Where is the freedom to do what one wants gone to in this country? No, you can't have a beer tonight - you're a bowler for heavens sake!!!!

Sounds like the old question:

If they have smoking areas at restaurants, why don't they have a peeing pond at swimming pools?

Warney was within his rights to have a smoke - it isn't banned during a cricket match, only on the field. And it doesn't apply from the start of the day until stumps either.
Ever heard of Dougie Walters? He could put a few away too. And were these two examples bad cricketers? Bad for the sport? Come on, get real.
As for societal shift - is this a new way of saying discrimination? Where is the freedom to do what one wants gone to in this country? No, you can't have a beer tonight - you're a bowler for heavens sake!!!!
If they have smoking areas at restaurants, why don't they have a peeing pond at swimming pools?

Yes, your right, Warney & Dougie Walters are quite within there right to have a smoke or a beer whenever they like. I dont recall seeing either of them indulging while they were actually participating on the field. Same thing isnt it.
Maybe if you dont like the rule that you cant smoke or drink while your bowling a tournament. DONT BOWL. Nobody forcing you. Just piss in ya pool & bowl your leagues where you can still smoke & have a beer at your lesuire. Take up lawn bowls. Outdoors. Smoke & drink all ya like then.

Funny how the people that always cry discrimination are the smokers, drinkers or people that cant accept the rules.

Yes, your right, Warney & Dougie Walters are quite within there right to have a smoke or a beer whenever they like. I dont recall seeing either of them indulging while they were actually participating on the field. Same thing isnt it.

That's my point. Why should bowlers not be allowed to smoke if they are sitting out? Cricketers are.

Maybe if you dont like the rule that you cant smoke or drink while your bowling a tournament. DONT BOWL.

Quote from Bowling Balls Australia:
Well, sorry to say - but if that is how narrow minded this sport is, I certainly won't be bowling any tournaments of more than 3 game sessions anymore. Also know of 2 other bowlers who thought they would have a go, but not any more. That's 3 bowlers to start with..........

Wake up bowling........."

Are you in favour of increasing the TOURNAMENT bowler numbers or not?

Nobody forcing you. Just piss in ya pool & bowl your leagues where you can still smoke & have a beer at your lesuire. Take up lawn bowls. Outdoors. Smoke & drink all ya like then.

A childish response.

Funny how the people that always cry discrimination are the smokers, drinkers or people that cant accept the rules.

These rules are archaic and they ARE discriminatory, smoker or not. What a stupid rule. Wake up bowling.....

You want childish Tim. look at these comments:-

If complaining was an Olympic sport. You would have won multipe gold medals.

Since we're on the cricket analogy, if a qualifying block is an over of cricket, did (and this is an honest question, I don't recall) Warnie ever run off the field just to tuck one away? Or did he do it while he was sitting out and Australia was batting?

I generally agree with not allowing smoking whilst competing. Generally it slows the play (even those that are careful and watch through the window etc etc), and those that are left must then endure the smoky residuals. Granted not all smokers come back in absolutely radiating tobacco and noxious fumes, but most do (and most seem unaware of it)

Now it would certainly be discriminatory to say that smokers may only smoke one cigarette, and it must be a superlight mentholated blah blah blah (I have no idea, I'm not a smoker), so it's all smokers banned or allow it altogether.

Let's hope Tournament Directors can apply this rule sensibly, and keep the events running smoothly.

Kellie pls close this forum if this is going to get out of hand.

Here here

How this thread ended up with people pissing and moaning about not being allowed to smoke & drink while there bowling when the topic was:-

Re: Definition of a session of continuous games - for surface alteration purposes

I'll never know

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom