Country Cup 2006

bowlrig said:
Hi Gatsby,
Will have a look in the archives and see if we can dig up some individual win/loss results from 1990 for you.
Rob
Thanks Rob, i appreciate that. You might be struggling though, because i have a copy of the sheets that were handed out after the tournament. It shows every game bowled and every team series but doesn't have individual points. The only hope would be the actual game sheets that were filled out on the lanes - good luck!
Also if you happen to come across any individual games from 2000 that would also be great. I have averages and standings but would also be great to get actual scores (that may be pushing the friendship a little too much though). If you can't find game 7 2000 on lanes 7 & 8 don't worry - it is scarred into my soul for life ...lol (Woza knows where i am coming from - how is Motta anyway)

Gatsby said:
If you can't find game 7 2000 on lanes 7 & 8 don't worry - it is scarred into my soul for life ...lol (Woza knows where i am coming from - how is Motta anyway)
He is still alive and kickin and still bowls with the 300 Ball.
Like Craig says there is no point having a new ball at Morwell;)
Although he has just brought a house and moved in with his missus. He does get on here from time 2 time though.
Here is a stat for you CCup trials for Latrobe Valley 14 men trialled 10 games Sat 10 games Sun
Total - 280 games - of those 48 games 200 or greater ave 3.5 per bowler
2nd QF Woza - 3 over 200 - 185 ave
4th QF Motta - 1 over 200 - 180 ave - the 300 form is well and truly gone - at Morwell at least.

L G said:
On the Sunraysia Ladies you have Jodie Meyer... should be Geyer, formally Charles
Thanks Lisa, i will update and correct mistake
As i don't know all of the bowlers (especially the ladies), i cannot tell when there are mistakes on the Final standing sheets or in booklets so i just go with the spelling as is (or it could just have been my mistake i will check it out). I also found it extremely to difficult to link up all the maiden names with married names and then not offend people who were separated etc by using the wrong surname.
Whilst on the subject of Mildura / Sunraysia bowlers, i have a male bowler
John Juik - (i think). According to souvenir booklets he bowled 1985, 1986 and 1988. The books that i got information from had three different names but i assumed it was the same guy for all three. One spelling was Juik, one said Vuik and the other as Juil - any ideas?

Thanks Macca - it's funny i looked up Robert's record and his best year was in 1993 - Colac, lol left hander's ditch.

craig said:
ok mr stat man (mr gatsby)
i want to know the point winners, cause at the end of the day, its not how many pins you knock over thats important, its how many points you win
how about the top 10 winning percentages over say 5 cups or 50 games,
5 cups - Craig - has bowled 7
50 games - Craig has bowled 72 plus what ever he bowled in 1997
For the years i have records for Craig has won 30.5 points from 47 games for a percentage of 64.9%. Compares pretty favourably with the higher % pts that i posted earlier - i would say - huh Craig?

Gary just going through the shepp women. You have Amanda Moore and Amanda Threlfall they are the same person. Moore is her maiden name.

Paige

Gatsby said:
Can't find any record of Ian Irving in Ballarat Country Cup side for any year.
Was Neil Hardy a leftie?

Morning all,
I'll check with Ian on Tuesday night and I'll ask around about Neil to see if anybody remembers, I've only been bowling since about '99 so I don't know too much about the history.

Graeme

Wow, 10 pages in 4 days and still about 5 months to go.....good thread Cuppers

Graeme - the left handed / right handed thing is not of major importance - just a bit of fun comparing lefties vs righties over specific years.
I have every team except 1982 for Ballarat and some of those have come from the souvenir booklets. If these booklets are wrong, or if the team was changed at the last minute, Ian Irving may have bowled and i have missed him, but as is i cannot find any record of him having bowled CCup for Ballarat.

I think that Woza was right when he said that this page would reach around 100 pages. Its not even a week past the first lot of trials and we are already at page 9.

Good work people. Keep up the good work.

WHAT I AM MISSING

I will start with small bits of info first rather than bombard you all with everything at once.

ALLSTARS
I have every Allstars team except 1982. I would expect seeing as though Shepparton won all three that they may figure in some of the All stars for 1982. (Craig thinks Andrew Craig, Lyn Chandler (his Mum) and Judi Rowe are likely to have made it - but would be nice to have it confirmed. Neil Thompson also thinks he was in the first A/S team)
For a couple of the years I only have names and averages (1985-1988 ) but not actual pins and games (Maureen wrote the allstars teams into her souvenir books with their average - that is the only way I have so many)

BOWLERS / TEAMS
I have all teams except for 1982.
Some of these teams are missing first names (1983) because the standing sheet only had first initial. As per above post, it is possible that there is some mistakes because for 1985 - 1988 and 1997 Men, i have used the souvenir booklets. If they are wrong or teams changed then the names could also be wrong. If you find any errors, i will change them

FINAL STANDINGS
All points standings expect 1982. I only have points for 1985-1988 and not pinfalls etc.

INDIVIDUAL AVERAGES
Missing 1982, 1985-1988, 1997.

MAIDEN / MARRIED
I have tried to link all ladies married/maiden names, if I have missed any please let me know and I will change them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Either by posting on here or by e-mail [email protected]

You may also notice that on the website, that in some cases the pinfall does not equal the sum of the bowlers pins. This is not an error with the website - it is actually an error with the final standing sheets. In most case it is only a handful of pins but the 1995 womens sheet has one glaring error.
If you total latrobe valley and shepparton women scores you will find that LV totals only 89 games (should be 90) and Shepparton totals 92 (should be the 90). This obviously means that someones average for that year is slightly wrong - again - mistake on the final standing sheet not me. (I'm am not saying there are not any mistakes but i have checked and double checked everything to try to ensure it is as accurate as possible.)

Hey All

Shepparton Has finished There Trials

Men
Kevin Wilkins
Chris Hamilton
Tim Thompson
Paul Thomas
Paul Kerr
Dayne Webber
Terry Rowe

Women
Diane Eddy
Denece Jones
Melissa Thompson
Jan Green
Samara Murphy
Danni Jones
Kelly Jones

Cheerz
Kevin

Hey Carmers

He has taken his family on holidays for a month in London ,England Via every destination you can think of....lol,Left last friday and could'nt make the trials

Cheerz
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom