Country Cup 2013

ThEOnE

Yes its only 16 weeks away........................
Latrobe Valley Team Trials were held on the weekend and are as follows.
Men............................................ Ladies

Wayne 'The Retiree' Mills................ Nicky 'Balls' Buntman
Jason 'Sneaky Lebo Nut' Motta ........ Tanya 'Lil Sis' (Buntman) Gray
Michael 'Big Bad Boz' Bosma............ Tracey Woszczeiko
Chris 'The Newbie' Mackenzie.......... Belinda Mackenzie
Bryan 'The Husband' Woszczeiko...... Leonie Jones
Bryce 'Pup' Woszczeiko................... Nicole Bree
Clinton Monds............................... Angela 'The Wife/Mum' Woszczeiko

Trip to Rawhide on the Friday night, Chris (HAMMA) you should be able to wrangle us some free entry tickets and VIP cards for sure?

What is fair ??
It's that time of year again for country cup teams to be selected
but why have trials when you can just pick and choose what
players you want in your team.
Don't get me wrong I'm all for trials but if
centres make a date for trials they should stick to them not allow
certain people to change dates to suit them selves unless willing
to change dates for EVERYONE who wishes to try out.
In my opinion for example if a centre allows date change because
player A will be away on that date but tells player B if you have
to work that weekend then to bad guess you can't bowl.
Why have the trial you have already Decided who you want in your team.
Unfortunately for some centres one player won't win you a country cup

Any other centers had their trials? Geelong have theirs on the 15th and 16th, was supposed to be last weekend but they decided to change the weekend for some reason.

No trials for Colac, we just go with Top 7 league averages for year.

Colac Men
Merv Billing
Stephen Hay
Jackson Gamble
Neil Thompson
Kevin Bagg
David Percy
Gary Black

Colac Women
Fiona Gorfine
Gretchen Egan
Tracy Thompson
Marilynne Bagg
Nadine Oborne
Josie Moore
Vicki Brown

What is fair ??
It's that time of year again for country cup teams to be selected
but why have trials when you can just pick and choose what
players you want in your team.
Don't get me wrong I'm all for trials but if
centres make a date for trials they should stick to them not allow
certain people to change dates to suit them selves unless willing
to change dates for EVERYONE who wishes to try out.
In my opinion for example if a centre allows date change because
player A will be away on that date but tells player B if you have
to work that weekend then to bad guess you can't bowl.
Why have the trial you have already Decided who you want in your team.
Unfortunately for some centres one player won't win you a country cup

Maybe you should get the facts right before making an anonymous post like this. can only assume you're talking about the change in Geelong's trial date, if i'm wrong i apologise, and please disregard this post. But i would have thought a clash with a nationally ranked event, when one of our bowlers was fighting to keep his ranking of the second best youth bowler in the country, is a pretty fair reason for a change. The decision was made unanimously by the committee without said bowler being present. He wasnt even aware it was going to be discussed at a meeting. I might add, he was going to skip the youth event to trial anyway, and that the change was made with more than 2 months notice, which is still more notice than bowlers usually get before trials

i would have thought supporting one of our bowlers striving for success was a good thing for the centre, and the sport

I have no involement with the committee, and had no impact on the decision, however i did witness this meeting, due to an unrelated topic i was discussing

If you have any questions, im sure the committee would be happy to answer them for you

Joshua Alvisse

Well Joshua maybe you should take you're own advise in getting the facts right.
If you read my post it says centreS as in the plural it also does NOT say say players shouldn't be supported by their centres it is saying ALL bowlers should be supported but sense you would like to make this wholly about geelong lets talk about them shall we.
You mention supporting one of you're bowlers striving for success being a good thing for the centre and the sport
well you know what it is a good thing to support a player i think said player should be supported for great effort
having said that should he be the only player supported let me ask you
Is there other bolwers at the center ?
Do other bowlers from the centre bowl in tournaments ?
Do other bowlers repressent the centre ?
Do other bowlers not deserve to be supported to ?
If it is changed for player A to bowl something else then shouldn't it also be for player B who has to work, player C who is injured and
player D who wanted to bowl a tournament this weekend or would player B,C aand D be a case of so sad to bad.
What is the difference between player A,B,C,D ?
Is it just the ranking you mention because if so then maybe the committee when making the original trial date should have a nationally ranked event list in front of them so they know what dates to avoid from the start as not to have to change for anyone.
One player deoes not make a team and teams change all should be supported and centre making their representative bowlers feel like
they dont matter is not good for the sport they should support and back their bowlers instead of picking and chosing

I don't know exactly which bowler you're talking about but it's my opinion that the Geelong youth bowler you guys are talking about should be automatically seeded onto the team..why make the #2 ranked player in the Country trial?

I did say that if your post wasnt directly related to Geelong, then to disregard my post. but please tell me what facts I got wrong?

You are correct, all players should be supported equally. which they are. If ANY bowler in the centre was bowling in a TBA registered event that weekend, i guarantee the change would have been made for them too. nobody got any special treatment, the change would have been made for anyone, with full support from the committee and the centre

Clashes with another bowling committment are completely different to clashes with something outside of bowling. the committee cant be responsible for trying to find a weekend that works around each persons personal life, including work. This applies to everybody.
If you care to have a look at the tournament calander, you'll see finding a weekend that doesnt clash with another tournament is hard enough

Player B has had over 2 months to get the time off work to trial. if they cant organise their outside committments in that time, then thats unfortunate for them. they wouldn't be the first person to miss an event because of work.

Player C, again, unfortunately injuries happen. I know as well as anyone what it feels like having to miss trials through injury. But its not a reason to change a trial date.

Player D: as i said earlier, if there is a clash that weekend with a TBA registered event, then yes a change would need to be made if one of our bowlers was competing in it

The committee does the best it can to avoid clashes in the first place, but as it said on the poster put up over 6 months ago, if a clash did occur then the dates are subject to change

Maybe you could take this up with them in person, as a public forum is not the place for this type of discussion. Or at least put a name on your statements so they can talk to you about it and sort out the issues you have with decisions they've made in a private setting

Well now how sure are you that it would be changed for every body because if I can remember correctly an australian representative was told sorry no exceptions turns out there are exceptions after all and as for time off work it is all fine and well to say two months to get it off but how many times do you think that can be done people organize time of for the dates given then they get changed yep thats fair and as I have said if you change for one then should change for and as for just putting striaght in like I said in first post why dont centres just pick who they want and not bother with trails and there is not a ranked event on every weekend pick ONE weekend and stick to it.
As a public forum this it the place it is about all of us bowlers being treated farley you need to remember these decisions made in a privet setting effect alot more people then just those in the room they effect any bowler wanting to try out

when was this? and what were his/her reason for asking for a date change?

between all the ranked, senior, open, youth, sports series and state events, the majority of weekends of ARE taken. They do the best they can to avoid clashes with all events

Hey Rob can you not pick the team next week because im getting my hair done that week. lol. We have it so easy up here. We arent bowling for sheep stations guys. could so replace the sheep with somthing else there but i didnt.

Deano

You're right it's not sheep stations and in no way is it a personal attack I have no disrespect toward play it was changed for he nice guy and very good bowler but it doesn't change that at many centres you see rules being broken for a select few time and time again well others are just left to wonder why and I know it would be to hard to change date for all so there for it should not be changed at all. How many times have you's heard of a centre not caring about a team or event I realize not all centres have this problem but there are a number of them out there that do and how many times have you's heard of a player being alienated because a couple of others on the team wanted someone else on the team instead of them. We all deserve the right to be supported and given a fair shot but if we make it a walk in for a select few it makes it so much harder on the rest who are also striving for success in their sport I believe that no player no matter who they should just be put into a team they should gain their spot just like everybody else trailing

Sooooooo coco,who are you, no disrespect but are you still in school because I am just wondering what sort of english and grammar must be taught these days? Sheesh.
There will always be a 'bit' of favouratism, my advise for what its worth.... deal with it, build a bridge.

Bill Gates recently gave a Commencement speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality a...
nd how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes; learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

There has been the odd occasion that someone seemed favoured in our trials, I have been on both end of the stick. You just have to think to yourself, THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!

9 WEEKS PEEPS!
So me and Woza are thinking of taking the clubs for a smash and trash on Friday if anyone else is interested, We cant play if that makes anyone feel better!

Ballarat Team

Peter Gallagher (c)
Daniel Nestor
Mark Woodyatt
Glenn Mattei
Jamie Lloyd
Graeme O'Connor
Glen Coleman

will post women's if I can get hold of it.

Back
Top Bottom