Country Cup 2006

Woza

After what would have to be 2 days of bowling on the toughest condition that i reckon that I have seen since Colac 2003 and anyone who has bowled at Morwell know what sort of condition we normally get.

And no Craig it wasnt to much of the "o" word

The Latrobe Valley Team is

Mens
Wayne Mills
Bryan Woszczeiko
Jason Motta - Captain
Neil Webb
Michael Bosma
Paul Stanton
Geoff Harding
Eric Harrison - Manager
Simon Bree - Assistant Manager

Ladies
Nicky (Queen 5-7-10) Buntman
Nicole Bree
Tracey Woszczeiko
Alicia Mason
Cindy Lacey
Wendy Motta
Katie Arnold
Shayne Benett - Manager

looks like a good set of teams there

good be well favoured when doin the odds

lol "o" word (whats that) hahaha

well done to all

craig said:
hmmm interesting question
heres what i learned
Heres what I learned form the weekend
craig said:
don't go looking for something that isn't there (oil)
Well there was oil and oil is good but along with oil you also need oil placement - we will need to work on that
craig said:
expect to find nothing where things are meant to be (pins on spot)
2 5-7-10 and numerous close shaves never seen so many greek churches and etc in 2 days of bowling at Morwell
craig said:
don't expect to use anything released after 1998
Mottas old orange pirananh did surface for a few games
craig said:
don't expect any 2 pairs to play the same
Dont worry about any 2 pairs playing the same could we get a pair to play the same pleeeease
craig said:
expect that a nose hit at 35 kph can strike after pins mysteriously fall from the heavens
Long live the 1-5 pocket and believe me it lives

whats encouraging about all that is

its the same everytime, what more can one ask for but consistency

So now we have to keep the Emmerson Shield Thread alive aswell as the Country Cup one:rolleyes: . I am just trying to find the scores from the trials this weekend at Geelong and I will post the teams.

Ballarat rolled off a few weeks ago. Not many trialled this year.

Men
Graeme O'Connor
Peter Gallagher
Barry Daly
Luke Munro
Kenny Bennetts
John Goldsmith
Lyndon McGregor

Manager: Billy Whitton

Ladies
Natalie O'Connor
Shannon Munro
Barb Daly
Marg Nunn
Brenda Stewart
Judy Wright
Judy Cartledge

Res: Kristian Veitch
Manager: Aline Martin

See you all in Bendigo, lookin' forward to it already
(Getting shirts locally this year so we SHOULD have them by Country Cup this time)
Graeme

craig said:
whats encouraging about all that is
its the same everytime, what more can one ask for but consistency
If it was the same as every other time I would be happy at least I know what that normal 'everytime' is.
Consistency - I think that i will have to wait until I die and go to heaven before I see that;)
If I didnt know better I would have said that the 3 pairs that were used werent even in the same universe let alone in the same centre

Colac (due to lack of numbers) don't have roll offs. We use highest team league average for the year. Our cut off date is last Sunday in November but the team is unlikely to change as there is quite a gap between 7th and 8th.
Neil Thompson
Merv Billing
Ian Poysor
Kevin Bagg
Stephen Hay
Gary Black
David Whitham
lots of "new" names in that list.

I notice Ballarat has a couple of bigger names missing - incl "Mr 300" Woody -- what's going on?

Hey Gatsby
Where is young Billing:confused:
I also noticed Ballarats side no Woody, Meyer, Burns
Good to see they have sorted out the shirt issue though

The Geelong team in no particular order is as follows:

MENS:
Eugene Jakupek
Warren Hinchliffe
Grahame Rowe
David Carmichael
Andrew Carmichael
Mathew Robinson
Paul Campbell

Coaches and managers to be announced.

WOMENS:

Beryl Daniel
Rebecca Baird
Courtney Murdoch
Alana Brittain
Debbie King
Wendy Thompson
Shirley Muxworthy

Coaches and managers to be announced.

Like most people, our trials were down in numbers this year. Just worked out to be bad timing for alot of people with alot of bowlers having other things on either this past weekend or the weekend of Country Cup.

Cheers.

Better get in fast with accomodation as there is supposed to be alot on in Bendigo that weekend.

Good to see that 1 person from the defending mens team made the side for next year;)
Also congrats on the "C" boys being back in town:D

Woza said:
Hey Gatsby
Where is young Billing:confused:
Young Billing (Daniel) is currently averaging about 180. The seventh bowler at the moment is David Whitham on 183 - over about 100 games. Daniel's year has been badly interrupted with shift work and as a result he has missed a lot of weeks and has struggled to get his average up. It is still possible for Daniel to make it but he will need to bowl very well for the next month or so.
Sorry to hear about Ballarat being organised with shirts, it was nice to see people trying to fit into three year old shirts this year lol (i would have had no hope fitting into any of my old shirts!)

Woza said:
Good to see that 1 person from the defending mens team made the side for next year;)
Also congrats on the "C" boys being back in town:D
Pretty important "1" though - he seems to be Geelong's lucky charm. The Geelong Men have won 9 times and Paul Campbell has been in 7 of those wins.
I think it is a bit harsh calling them the "C" team though - you reckon you can name 14 bowlers that are better than the 7 named? (a challenge i am sure you will accept)

Gatsby said:
Pretty important "1" though - he seems to be Geelong's lucky charm. The Geelong Men have won 9 times and Paul Campbell has been in 7 of those wins.
I think it is a bit harsh calling them the "C" team though - you reckon you can name 14 bowlers that are better than the 7 named? (a challenge i am sure you will accept)
Dont go putting words into my mouth Gary - I didnt call them the 'C' team i said
Woza said:
Also congrats on the "C" boys being back in town
Meaning that the Carmichaels were back in the team
You will have Gotham City in a flap if your not careful;)

Since we are so far out from CCup

Maybe we can get our own Eddie (Gatsby) Maguire to give us some CCup Stats

Paul Campbell would surley have to be the individual with the most wins at least in the male division I would have thought.

But it would be interesting to see

Most individual wins and how many attended - this could be overall and either mens/ladies
Most attended and never won either overall-mens/ladies
Most 2nds
and any other stat that may be of interest

Sorry Woza, i misunderstood your post - i unintentionally could have got all of Gotham City up in arms over that one...... oops...:splat: :splat: :splat:
I am prepared to give you answers to all those stats, but please do not associate me with anything to do with Collingwood (aka the Eddie McGuire comment). -- make take a few minutes to get the answers

Woza said:

No Allen, Mattai, Miller or Mackenzie either. Only the Manager from last year (me) managed back to back roll offs

Graeme

Most Wins - Overall (no of appearances)
6 - Sue Jobling (12)
5 - Moya Dahlstrom (15) Jan Carmichael (19) Terry Rowe (19) Beryl Daniel (19)

Most Wins - Women (no of cups)
7 - Sandra LePage (14)
6 - Moya Dahlstrom (15) Denece Jones (16)

Most Wins - Men (no of Cups)
7 - Paul Campbell (16)
5 - Merv Billing (24) Ian Poysor (24) Greg Clark (7)

Most appearances without win in Any division
Marg Nunn (19)
John Stewart (14)

Most appearances without win in Womens division
Dot Deigan (23)
Marg Nunn (19)

Most Cups without win in Mens division
Kevin Wilkins (17)
Eddie Way (15)
(not sure if Terry Rowe bowled in 1982 win - he bowled 1981 & 1983 so i assumed he probably bowled 1982 - he has bowled 19 cups - if he missed 1982 then he will be the "leader")

Most 2nds - Women
4 - 3 Shepparton ladies (but they have had 10 wins!)
3 - 10 people

Most 2nds - Men
5 - Neil Webb, Terry Rowe
4 - Greg Smith, Wayne Mills, Kevin Wilkins, David Carmichael, Paul Campbell

Anything else

Other facts and figures
http://gatsby.www5.50megs.com/Tenpin/Cup_History.html
or
http://gatsby.www5.50megs.com/Tenpin/Cup_Links.html

granat said:
No Allen, Mattai, Miller or Mackenzie either. Only the Manager from last year (me) managed back to back roll offs
Graeme
Any story to tell Graeme? Or is it a case of "one not bowling so others not bowling"

Back
Top Bottom