Country Cup 2006

Woza said:
I just hope that Kev is not a blue and white hoop fan since their last win was in 1963 - Now that would make it an extremely long time between drinks
Gee, you certainly know how to dig the boots in!
But imagine how sweet those drinks will be when Victory is achieved - after all Sydney just won after 72 years!

A couple of the guys at work are Cats fans and Longy that I bowl with is as one-eyed as they come and me being a Roo Boy we always have a slab each time the two play. Needless to say that I have had more slabs to drink that he has in the past few years:D

Woza said:
Needless to say that I have had more slabs to drink that he has in the past few years:D
Better start saving your pennies.... just like this year it will be your shout for the next few :rolleyes:

Graeme has got me thinking..... does anyone know of any other lefties besides the following list. Or alternatively are any of those below not lefties. There are a couple i am not sure of (? beside name)
Russell Smith Geelong
Craig Wileman Warrnambool
Harry Johannsen Ballarat
Bill Garantini Sale
Ray Whittaker Latrobe Valley
Kevin Lovett Latrobe Valley
Brad Ott Geelong
Steve Bell Geelong
Justin Toomey Albury
Eddie Way Warrnambool
Ian Poysor Colac
Mark Gordon Ballarat
Mel Chettleburgh Albury
Garry Rowe Ovens & Murray
Daniel Billing Colac
Bob Smith Colac
Murray Spokes Colac
Steve Sheen Warrnambool
Neil Hardy ?? Ballarat
Mal Stagg Albury
James Rice Sunraysia
Gunther Czmok Sale & District
Gary Black Colac
Murray Holmes Sunraysia
Cliff Roberts Sunraysia
Damien Worden Bendigo
Doug Gordon Warrnambool
Steve Ovenden ?? Sunraysia

I'd like to see the top 5 lefties bowl the top 5 righties roll off.
I wonder who would come out on top:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

The top five lefties of all time? or top five that are currently competing?
Could we bowl that in Colac? lol. 14 lefties have been in 24 all stars teams 14/120. But the last 2 times in Colac have been 5/10.
Top 5 lefties of all times- i would go with
Russell Smith
Steve Bell
Bill Garantini
Harry Johannsen
Ian Poysor or Eddie Way

Current (highest lefties during 2005 Cup)
Justin Toomey
Eddie Way
Gunther Czmok
Ian Poysor
Gary Black (obviously not many lefties bowled in 2005)

I think our current team would get smashed but the all time would have been pretty good at their peak.

Gatsby said:
Better start saving your pennies.... just like this year it will be your shout for the next few :rolleyes:
We were even this year we won in the wizard cup you guys won in the home and away season
Gatsby said:
Ray Whittaker Latrobe Valley
Kevin Lovett Latrobe Valley
No Lefties since these two maybe I am bowling on the wrong side of the lane - (no smart a#$e comments from the peanut gallery either)
But seriously the lefthand side of morwell must be virtually untouched - There may be a decade of oil over there;)

Woza said:
We were even this year we won in the wizard cup you guys won in the home and away season
I did not realise that you included the pre-season rubbish
Woza said:
No Lefties since these two maybe I am bowling on the wrong side of the lane - (no smart a#$e comments from the peanut gallery either)
But seriously the lefthand side of morwell must be virtually untouched - There may be a decade of oil over there;)
There is no way that the peanut gallery will not comment on that one. If i was you i would edit it out before they see it... lmao

Not quite a CCup topic, but does anyone know how the Vics are going at the Interstate Challenge (Neil Thompson is in Vic team). I know it will be put onto ATBSO website, but it is not there yet.

Gatsby said:
There is no way that the peanut gallery will not comment on that one. If i was you i would edit it out before they see it... lmao
You dont go fishing without bait do you;)

Assassin_300 said:
Rowey Was in the 1982 team and I watched that win as a junior at the great age off 14 .....lol ahhh memories
I don't suppose you can remember the other members of that winning Men's team? 1982 is the only year that i don't have all bowlers names. I can help you by giving you 1981 and 1983 teams - it may jog your memory. I am sure some of the names will be the same.

1981 ... Garry Kool, George Willis, John Quinlan, Norm Briggs, Terry Rowe, Tom LePage
1983 ... B Davidson, Barry Gurner, Colin Davies, Garry Kool, George Willis, Grant Dohnt, Terry Rowe.

1982 ... Terry Rowe + ?????

Assassin_300 said:
Rowey Was in the 1982 team and I wathced that win as a junior at the great age off 14 .....lol ahhh memories
Senior Shield just round the corner Kev:D

Gary I have thought of some more

Winners on debut - in either mens or ladies - I know I nearly was in 1997 until some team from Colac knocked us off

People who have both mens/ladies and overall medallions - not necessarily in same year

Anyone ever got all 3 in the 1 year ie allstars, mens/ladies and overall

Anyone one ever bowled every game of a CCup and been undefeated
Or alternatively bowled at least 90% of the games and been undefeated

Woza - r u actually interested in all of that or just trying to set me a task that i can't do?
The points one will not be complete because some of the standing sheets didn't include points 2005, 2002, 1996, 1992, 1990 and i am missing results for 1982, 1985-1988 and 1997 (Men).
I will see how i go!
Points - Men
Bob Hinton (War) 12 / 12 in 1992
Greg Wellington (Shep) 12.5 / 13 in 1984
Paul Hrynyszyn (LV) 13/14 in 1984
Brad Lay (Sun) 18 / 20 in 2000 (bowled every game)
Dean McKinnon 17 / 19 in 2000

Points - Women
Anne Brandon (LV) 10 / 10 in 2004
Karolyn Hose (War) 17 / 18 in 1988 (bowled every game)
Barb Pethybridge (BEN) 11 / 12 in 2003
Linda Aldred (LV) 10 / 11 in 1984
Marilyn Behncke (Shep) 10 / 11 in 2003
Lisa Garioch (Sun) 16 / 18 in 1999 (Bowled every game)
Noone has played every game and been undefeated

Woza said:
People who have both mens/ladies and overall medallions - not necessarily in same year
Anyone ever got all 3 in the 1 year ie allstars, mens/ladies and overall
These have both happened heaps of times. When you consider that 11 times the winning womens team has won the overall and 10 times the winning men's team has won overall. Also almost every year you get a couple of bowlers from the winning teams in the allstars.
2005 - Anthony Flynn, Gordon Robinson, Courtney Murdoch and Amanda DeLange took all three (Allstars, division win and overall)
2004 - Nicole Bree all three
2003 - Neil Thompson and Gary Black all three
2002 - Denece Jones and Kelly Jones all three
2001 - Nil
2000 - Carmers, Warren Hinchliffe and Peter Flynn all three
(I think you get the picture -- lots have done that)

Woza said:
Winners on debut - in either mens or ladies - I know I nearly was in 1997 until some team from Colac knocked us off
That one might have to wait - obviously the first Geelong team in 1981 all won on debut and i suspect there are a lot more
We had a guy - Graeme Hayward. His first year was 1993 - we won the overall and the only other time he has bowled country cup was 1997 when we won Men's and Overall -- 3 trophies in just two years - would take some beating i reckon.
If you really want me to work it out i will, but if you are yanking my chain - then you win - it is too hard.... is anyone else interested in all this - probably not ? - but it keeps the post at the top of the list
Okay - i couldn't resist
38 Men have won in the Men's division on Debut
37 Women have won in the Women's division on debut
47 Men and 50 women have won the overall on debut
(these figures are actually debut for Association eg Luke Ross won on debut with Geelong this year - first year for Geelong but not first year in Country Cup)
One of the most interesting is Julie Hinton (Jubb).
Debut with Mildura in 1990 - they won overall.
Moved to Warrnambool 1992 - debut for Warrnambool - won overall,
moved to Latrobe Valley in 1996 - they won overall
then Geelong in 2000 - guess what - they won overall!
Final move to Bairnsdale in 2001 -- ruined a perfect record didn't win overall (7th) --- that would be almost impossible to match

Woza said:
A couple of the guys at work are Cats fans and Longy that I bowl with is as one-eyed as they come and me being a Roo Boy we always have a slab each time the two play. Needless to say that I have had more slabs to drink that he has in the past few years:D

And its starting to show.:p

nicky

Yes your right It is said...."Yellow And Black"

1982 Shepparton Mens Team

Terry Rowe
Tom Le Page
Colin Davies
Eric Mason
Russell Lawton
Neil Auston
George Willis

I dont know about anyone else but I am enjoying reading the stats