Cara is CEO

GBS

More than a newbie
Cara is CEO

Congratulations Cara and thank you.

Geoff Bowness

Go to the TBA website

I think we now have the right person in the job. Cara can't succeed, and the TBA can't succeed without the full support of all the stakeholders in the SPORT of bowling.

We, the bowlers have realistically, little influence on proprietors, either as individuals or small groups ( leagues, etc.)

The TBA likewise has little influence either, unless TBA truly represents the vast majority of bowlers. It is incumbent upon ALL leagues and ALL bowlers to be TBA members.

Only with a strong membership base can every party in bowling benefit - proprietors and bowlers alike. Only when we are all pulling in the same direction, will the sport be able to attract and hold major sponsors.
There are NO major sports in Australia not supported financially by sponsorship.

Financially, we need to crawl before before we can walk. We have to provide our own financial base first. Membership is almost the sole source of funds.

Anyone bowling, Join To-day, and register your league. If you don't - don't winge later and blame everyone else.

I think we now have the right person in the job. Cara can't succeed, and the TBA can't succeed without the full support of all the stakeholders in the SPORT of bowling.

We, the bowlers have realistically, little influence on proprietors, either as individuals or small groups ( leagues, etc.)

The TBA likewise has little influence either, unless TBA truly represents the vast majority of bowlers. It is incumbent upon ALL leagues and ALL bowlers to be TBA members.

Only with a strong membership base can every party in bowling benefit - proprietors and bowlers alike. Only when we are all pulling in the same direction, will the sport be able to attract and hold major sponsors.
There are NO major sports in Australia not supported financially by sponsorship.

Financially, we need to crawl before before we can walk. We have to provide our own financial base first. Membership is almost the sole source of funds.

Anyone bowling, Join To-day, and register your league. If you don't - don't winge later and blame everyone else.

Jim

100% correct !!!!

We simply must get bowlers to join the TBA
so we can move towards being able to support
bowlers again with all the things they want and need

Congrats to Cara on becoming CEO.
As for Jim's comments, I'm all for it. Any members bowling or president of a league should actively try to get membership for their league.
But we must not only attack this mountain at the top. We need to hit it at all levels, particularly the Juniors as they are the future. I certainly plan to do my bit.....

Congratulations to Cara, experience at the top is a great step forward.

I hope all will support Cara and TBA, to give this sport the support it needs.

What a lovely pleasant change. All positive comments.

My confession for the week. I'm not currently a TBA member. I have an excuse. Medically I'm firmly instructed not to bowl.

I expect that in late May / early June, the ban will be lifted, and my first move will be to take out a silver membership.

Let's keep this spirit up, as reflected by the comments so far, and let us help to lift our sport. It can't be done without us, but with the right leadership it certainly can be done with us.

What a lovely pleasant change. All positive comments.

My confession for the week. I'm not currently a TBA member. I have an excuse. Medically I'm firmly instructed not to bowl.

I expect that in late May / early June, the ban will be lifted, and my first move will be to take out a silver membership.

Let's keep this spirit up, as reflected by the comments so far, and let us help to lift our sport. It can't be done without us, but with the right leadership it certainly can be done with us.

Good news should promote All positive comments

Now we have 2 people in job functions that can
have a positive influence on the game to get it
back to be viewed as a sport

We have a CEO that has a clue on a business sense
as well as the game AND
We have a National coach who has been there done
that on every level of the game

In the short term we now need to get more positive
people involved on Boards around the country and
begin to move forward without baggage and mixed agendas

Let us all talk bowlers about this message.

Memebership means so much to us all including
proper government funding to pay people and
to promote and support the sport and ultimately
to provide for our representative teams the money
to go away and represent us.....

Lets get behind it

Congratulations on the appointment Cara. A little knowldege can take you a long way in this sport and with your experience in the game, I'm hoping for a sensational future!

Hi Cara,
Congrats on your appointment. We need someone like you with bowlers knowledge to try and get the game I love back to what it used to be like. I hope everyone will give you the support you deserve.
Cheers Lovey

Back
Top Bottom