Brando Wins Rum City Classic

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Qualischefski claims the circuits’ first stop for 2007 in Bundaberg Queensland…

Queensland’s Brandon Qualischefski won his second event for 2007… throwing his new Columbia product, he went on to win the “2007 Rum City Classic” at the Bundy Bowl and Leisure Complex in Bundaberg, QLD.

Bowling Balls Australia representative Carl Bottomley, lead the Tournament into the Match Play round, after averaging 215.50 for his 14 games of Qualifying, throwing his Visionary product…Qualischefski set him self up for the win sitting second at this stage of the finals with an average of 212.64 for his 14 games…Peter Cottam of Hervey Bay was sitting third averaging 211.86 and was the leading lefty at this stage…

This was the first time the event had been run in more than 7 years and defending champion Darryl Alford unfortunately missed the cut of 15 and averaged 192.64 for his 14 games of his titles defense…Local bowler Brendon Thompson also made the top 15 and the three person Match Play finals… Rockhampton lefty Graham Allen took the tournaments early honors with a perfect game 300 in the 13th game of qualifying and catapult himself also into the Match Play in 10th spot.

Qualischefski was trailing Bottomley by 40 pins leading into the last stage of the Tournament. Dominating the Match Play stage of the series opener with consistent 200-plus scores, games of 233, 247, 267, 235, 229, 259, 257 and undefeated record in Match Play seen the young Columbia thrower real Bottomley in with two games to go…Bottomley needing to win the final game of match play. Both bowlers put on a huge display for the crowd, the final game going down to the wire right to the tenth frame, both guys throwing a string of strikes leading into the last frame of the tournament, with Qualischefski closing out the tenth with three strikes taking the game 257-233 and the title from Bottomley…

Qualischefski averaged 224.00 for 21 games and compiled a 7-0 won-lost record in the 3 person match play and averaged 246.71 in Match Play to finish with a 4984 pinfall total. Bottomley averaged 221.67 and went 5-2 in match play to secure the second place with 4895 for his 21 game totals. Dale Warren of Rockhampton averaged 208.76 and finished 351 pins behind Bottomley in third place due to his 2-4 record in Match Play and a 4544 pinfall total for his 21 games… Mark Lawton of Maryborough finished 4th and had high Game of 290 in the Match Play section of the finals…Brian Looby rounded out the top 5 for the Tournament…

The ladies division was won by Rockhampton bowler Leesa Bartlem with a 187.50 average for the event…Second place went to local Bundaberg bowler Josie Sommer who averaged 174.86 for her 14 games and third went to another Local from Bundy Laura Henry averaging 164.07 for her 14 games…

All scores can be found here at this link http://www.totalbowling.com.au/news/livescores/

Would also like to thank Barb and Emma from Bundy Bowl and Andrew Christopher from qldbowling.com for helping out with the scoring while i bowled...

Attachments

• Rum City Classic 2007026 (Medium).jpg
    Rum City Classic 2007026 (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 155
  • Rum City Classic 2007028 (Medium).jpg
    Rum City Classic 2007028 (Medium).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 198
Congrats to brando on your fine effort to clinch another tournament for the year so far.

May there be many more for you to come.

From Rhys.

Well Bowl Brando you bowled well all weekend and lead for most of it. I would also like to Congratulate Jase on a great job all weekend as well. It was great to get back to bundy

Damien Mcandrew

Well done to Brando on the win. Also to Carl (2nd), Dale Warren (3rd) and to Mark Lawton (4th).Also to Graham Allen on his 300 ( Nice little bonus).

What a great start to the Circuit. Host center Bundaberg did a wonderful job and really looking forward to Assoc Challange in June. Also to Jason on the effort he has put in to get this and the following events up and running for 2007.

Only downer was at one stage having 70+ bowlers nominated to end up with 55 competing. Still a great number but come on bowlers support it. Where else will you get the chance to compete against some of the best bowlers in this state but also this nation on your home turf.

Again well done to everyone who competed/supporters and that you all had a safe trip home.

See ya at Kingaroy,

hamster
tony hamilton

ps Did Brando thank his LOVER? ( New Columbia 300 policy i believe);) ;)

Well done Brando. Thanks for organising The event Jase and Peter (and probably Dawn!!!), sorry I couldn't make it (big birthday bash!!!). See you at Kingaroy.

Great job Brando,

It was great to so many good games and to see some familiar faces and some old faces around the ridges.

Congratulations must go to Bundy bowl for a superb tournament, the staff were fantastic and the food was delicious (especially the cheesy garlic bread) the centre is awesome and the kids had a ball on the putt putt, super slide and games.

There was a fierce race on the slot cars after the presentation so even the big kids had fun after their bowling.

Thanks to all involved for a lovely weekend! Looking forward to Kingaroy:D

We'd like to say congrats to all that cashed and a special congrats to Brad and Daddy on his 8th place. He was quite anxious about this event as he's never bowled in Bundy before so well done girlfriend xoxo

"Awesome, oh wow, like totally freak me out, I mean right on, cause Daddy sure is number one"

Also congrats to Bennus on a fine effort coming in 10th even with a sore back!
"I'm sexy, I'm cute, I'm popular to boot. I'm b*i*t*c*hen, great hair, the boys all love to stare" you know the rest!!!! "Dude - Sweet" "Dude - sweet" "Duuude - Sweeeeeta"

Once again well done to all
Rachel, Shontay and Khynan

P.S. Next time Poppa is gonna kick your butts boys or Ben will be getting really crappy jobs at work

great stuff brando ur the man ;on ya jase n bundy bowl well done .
kind regards stoooooy
gladstone '

Well done Qualla, another tournament and another win for Columbia 300 :D You still got time to come to Vegas, Caminsky even made the trip to see you! There's room in my hotel, come now!

Back
Top Bottom