Bowling Balls Australia

h45e

Hi Guys,
Do any of you know what has happened to Bowling Balls Australia.
I have put a order in on the 24th Feb and haven't heard anything from them.

From my understanding, they are experiences extreme computer technical difficulties.

That's what I was told when it took a long while to receive some shoes I had ordered. Perhaps give them a phone call?

I have phoned them, left 2 messages on their mobile and also sent 2 emails to them.

Posting on here was/is my last resort to get in contact with them.

You need to contact the Ombudsman in your state... no contact in 9 weeks after payment made is not on.

Having internet problems is no excuse, not returning phone calls means something is very smelly here.....

You need to contact the Ombudsman in your state... no contact in 9 weeks after payment made is not on.

Having internet problems is no excuse, not returning phone calls means something is very smelly here.....

You could of course be right -- but tell me, are you a competitor of Bowling Balls Australia?

By the way, ombudsmen don't usually handle consumer complaints - only ones relating to Government services.

Basically,
He was very friendly etc when I was enquiring about the products (2 balls, shoes, bag). After sent him $500.. couple weeks later sent out a mass email saying comp system down, now nothing.
Kept emailing/SMS/Phone the mobile.
No answer on mobile (msg bank), email not replied to. Land line number not in service.
I was hoping to start this new hobbie/sport of mine because my dad use to do it, didnt want to keep using lane ball/shoes so bought my own. Now thinking this is just a waste of time and money.

Contact from BBA:
24/02 - 6:57am
24/02 - 8:04am
24/02 - 8:24am
24/02 - 9:04am:

Thanks Anthony

Please check over the invoice just to make sure it's all OK.

I have attached your invoice herewith. Our preferred method of payment at any time is by EFT or cash deposit into our CBA account as against PayPal. To get your order finalised in time for this shipping (won't get there in time from PayPal), it will need to be direct into our account on this occasion. Does that work OK for you?

If so, once you have checked the invoice, please make your transfer or cash deposit, using the invoice number as your reference, and then shoot me a brief email with payment confirmation details please.

If transferring from any other bank, you will need to do that by 4:00 AEDST (around 1:00pm your time I think), so that it rolls over into our account by COB tomorrow.

Please let me know of any issues.

Thanks again..........Max

24/02 - 10:13am : Gear Ordered

29/03 - 1:17pm :

Hello Anthony

My apologies for not being in touch sooner. We have had horrific IT issues over the past 3 months or so, the majority of time no access to our email, no internet & no accounting software. Consequently, we have been unable to communicate with anyone much at all in that period. Looks like things are back on track now, hence the new email address too. [email protected]

We have had 2 shipments leave the US for delivery to us in the past 4 weeks, both were returned to the US as we were unable to process Customs due to the above. The first of those shipments lands back in Sydney this afternoon & will clear Customs in the next 48 hours once the paperwork gets processed. The second is leaving the US again as soon as it is cleared in their system. From what I can ascertain, your gear is on the second of those shipments......

Even if our computers had been operational, I have been unable to do much either way of late. Since you & I last spoke, my father became terminally ill just on 2 weeks ago and passed away early last week. Consequently, I've had (and will continue to have for a little while yet) pressing family matters, which will take priority ahead of everything else. I will however, endeavour to keep you informed as best I can over the next few days.

I do apologise for this delay, it has been largely out of our control & certainly destroys are regular delivery time of under 2 weeks.

Kind Regards.........Max

Now...
Absolutely nothing

excuses excuses excuses.....nothing more than a bunch of BS. Your first warning sign should've been the limited payments options..especially since you cannot lodge a disputed transaction claim on a cash payment or direct deposit money transfer. REAL businesses don't operate this way.
I suggest you file an internet fraud complaint with the Australian Federal Police

I have the same problem with bba
Been waiting 10 weeks for 2 balls.

It is my third purchase from bba
First one took 6 weeks with excuses about
Computer problems
My second order took 8 weeks with the same
Excuses. It got delivered on the 8th of April.
My third order is 10 weeks and still waiting.

Guess it's time for legal action !!!!

wow that is a real shame... doesnt help the sport in australia does it when there are operators like that...

get down to your pro shop and buy a ball.

I have the same problem with bba
Been waiting 10 weeks for 2 balls.

It is my third purchase from bba
First one took 6 weeks with excuses about
Computer problems
My second order took 8 weeks with the same
Excuses. It got delivered on the 8th of April.
My third order is 10 weeks and still waiting.

Guess it's time for legal action !!!!

Why did you go back after the first time?

I used to purchase gear from BBA but the last time I did it took months for the order to arrive with plenty of different excuses so I go elsewhere now and wouldn't recommend them at all.

It is semi my fault for not researching the company. I could of done a search on this forums and found out if they were good or not.

I call this a life lesson, and wont be dealing with them again.

Back
Top Bottom