Birthday Section?

Would you like to see a Birthday Section?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 29.3%

• Total voters
Isnt that what the phone or private messages or emails are about ? The whole world doesnt need to know about them. I say ban birthday threads, but im just a cranky old bastard!

ARRRh but a wise cranky old bastard at that....;)

That vacation is serving you well...;)

Ohh and the fact that I need to post more often to keep in front of you .. you are catching up fast!!

Well I have now made the choice to let people post Birthday Greetings to your forum friends, in your own states.

The thread will be closed after 48 hours, I am sick to death of peoples birthday's getting brought to the top of state forums, when there Birthday was a mere 3-4 weeks ago.

After 48 hours when the thread is locked, there are other means to contact them, examples Private messages, emails or why not use the phone.

And another thing too that I am sick of seeing and so are alot of other people, and from now on you will not be allowed to post any 300 games or congrats posts to anything bowled out of a league or tournament, I dont want to see anymore congrats for any more prebowls or practice.

This is a bowling site.

Good decision about the birthday thread...

Just an opinion does it really matter whether the 300 is bowled in league a tournament or a pre bowl it is STILL a 300 and deserves a mention.

Some people don't have multiple 300's to their credit and it seems very unfair that their achievement should be unrecongnised because they just happened to bowl it in a pre bowl. What if that pre bowl 300 was someone's first 300. Should we just disregard it because it was in a prebowl :confused: Surely they deserve some hype as they'd already be pretty shattered and feeling crappy by the fact that they wont get any formal recognition for their achievment.

Anyway just an opinion as far as we can see a 300 is still a 300 and is still the best score you can achieve in our sport and isn't it ALL bowling????

Nah disagree...

A 300 in a prebowl/practice is not recognized by TBA, you don’t get a plaque, nothing...
There is that many 300's bowled in this sport i am sure we all have the opportunity to try throw one in league. We don’t need to know about a Sunday afternoon practice session...

Rachel,

See how you go getting a hole in one recognized by the AGU when you get it in a social club or a Sunday morning hit with a friend…

Anyways them the forum rules…

A 300 in a prebowl/practice is not recognized by TBA, you don’t get a plaque, nothing...

PRECISELY OUR POINT

That statement alone proves that you should get some recognition regardless of when your 300 is bowled and even if it is only on a website where your friends can allow you the opportunity to bask in the glory of it all. As we stated earlier "WHAT IF THAT PRE BOWL 300 IS SOMEONE'S FIRST AND ONLY 300" maybe it wont mean a lot to others but to someone out there it means alot.

Brad and Rachel

P.S. If you hit a hole in one at golf, you'd brag about it to your friends!
Isn't that what Total Bowling is??? A community for friends to share not only their opinions but also their triumphs

If everyone was to fill out their profiles properly...............................

Then everyone would know when everyone elses birthdays were and could congratulate them by pm.

For those who don't, or can't check daily, maybe a facility that warns of birthdays in, say, the next 7 days?

But that would take some of the anonimity out of it wouldn't it.........

My site, that’s right, my site, that I pay for with the help of sponsors, is here to keep the bowling community informed on what is going on not only here but around the world. With live scores, 300’s being bowled in LEAGUE, I mean we can all bowl well when we are bowling against no one, and I choose not to have them on my site, I didn’t know I had to get peoples approval. I mean if someone bowls a 300 out of league, yes brag to your mates, and then your mates can send you an email or even call to say well done, like I said from here on in, I do not want them on my site.
In future Rachel I will make sure I get any changes to the site, approved by you first.

My site, that’s right, my site,

Oh, it's the old my way or the highway game is it. You see that with CHILDREN when they play "Fine, if you don't do it my way, I'm going home"

It was merley a suggestion/opinion. Obviously no one can have opnions unless the "FORUM GOD" agrees.

In future Rachel I will make sure I get any changes to the site, approved by you first.

This log in is a dual user login and has been since the day it was created. The opnion's and statements made under this log in are agreed to by both parties. If the opinion or statement is made by one party it is signed off by that party.

By the way Jason NOTHING nasty was said to you. You need to get off your high horse and not be so quick to attack people.

Thanks for your comments I will keep them in mind.

The forum god.

P.s I didnt see any signoff on post 25.

Have a nice day.

You're welcome "FORUM GOD" glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour :D

Please see post 30 re: sign off's

Brad and Rachel

I agree with Brenton if everyone was to fill in the personal details Private messages should suffice. However i also like Jase's ruling that the birthday threads will be locked after a period of time.

I think there are some posts to this thread where people have gotten off track. have a good think about and aftre you have you should probably grow up a little. (i think the people who this last comment is directed to will realise what i mean by this and who i am referring to.)

Cheers,

Wall.:mad:

My birthday is Saturday week (23/9) and I'm thinking of bowling a 300 game to celebrate the passing of another year.
PS...I'll bowl it in league because I don't practice.
:p

My birthday is Saturday week (23/9) and I'm thinking of bowling a 300 game to celebrate the passing of another year.
PS...I'll bowl it in league because I don't practice.
:p

make sure that you get your dad to witness it.............;)

I agree with the Birthday thing. If it means that much to you to get your best wishes to someone, phone, email, text or pm them ....

But, while I respect your rules Forum God, Im interested to hear about and read about anything bowling, whether its a Pre Bowl 300 or not. Once I go into the thread, if Im not that interested, I just wont read it. But as long as it is directly related to bowling, I dont see why it shouldnt be allowed to be posted.

Just my opinion.

I thought this is an independant site, I didn't realise that TBA rules apply here. Don't other associations count when they DO recongnise 300's in pre bowls. I personally think that these association should all be respected as well.
Go 300's in pre - bowls they are all great games to me.
Tim Martin.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nah disagree...
There is that many 300's bowled in this sport i am sure we all have the opportunity to try throw one in league. We don’t need to know about a Sunday afternoon practice session...
Rachel,
See how you go getting a hole in one recognized by the AGU when you get it in a social club or a Sunday morning hit with a friend…
Anyways them the forum rules…
With a one-time high score of 174, I DREAM of a 300 game. If I shot one in practice, I'd be over the moon. My friends and family would be stoked. Someone would buy me at least one beer, I'm sure of it.

I don't know if I'd want to tell the nation's bowlers, though. Not if it wasn't in a tournament, or at least in league.

I can see a 20 to 30 pin difference between my practice scores and my league scores. It is patently obvious to me that it's easier for me to be on my A game when there's no competition. I don't think I'd really want anyone to blow my trumpet on the national bowling forum about a 300 game I'd bowled in practice, because really, when I read about someone else who bowled one in practice, I'm not that impressed. *shrugs* That's just me.

I thought this is an independant site, I didn't realise that TBA rules apply here. Don't other associations count when they DO recongnise 300's in pre bowls. I personally think that these association should all be respected as well.
Go 300's in pre - bowls they are all great games to me.
Tim Martin.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

My long lost twin brother where have you been

Back
Top Bottom