Birthday Section?

Would you like to see a Birthday Section?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 29.3%

• Total voters

Sean M

Maybe if its not too much trouble Jase could open up a bday section for those who are celebrating their special day.

Most definetly.............excellent idea!!

The forums are so cluttered with congradulating threads that it is hard to find anything of interest.

Maybe a congradulatory forum could be added so that all the high score and birthday congradulations threads can be posted there...............

Shawn

Umm... There already is a thing at the bottom that shows members birthdays...
What else were u thinking of having maybe?

I am glad I am not asking this, I thought I was the only one getting the ****s with it...The problem with the Birthday wishes is they are posted days before the event rather than the day they occur and get pulled up for weeks on end nearly to the point some of them are closer to there next birthday.

How’s this for an idea rather than a separate section why don’t I just close them after 24 hours... After all it is primarily a bowling site... and yes we do have allot of other stuff but birthdays and congratulation threads are becoming a joke of late...

Let me know which way we want to go with this and do you want this moved to the main section Sean for more exposure and a say as it affects the whole site not just QLD.

How’s this for an idea rather than a separate section why don’t I just close them after 24 hours... After all it is primarily a bowling site... and yes we do have allot of other stuff but birthdays and congratulation threads are becoming a joke of late...

Good idea, Jase..............now we know why your on the big $$$$$$$....;)

Shawn

I think its pretty obvious with a 23-1 vote that the majority are sick of them. I myself would rather see them gone completely but your idea Jase is probably the best to keep everyone happy.

I think a birthday section in the Main section would be better and be easier for Jase to monitor and to lock threads off after the 24-48hrs after the birthdate.

Just my two cents worth

Stick 'em all together on their own forum, give them a week before locking it.
Some don't check the forums every single day, so a week should suffice for friends to catch up and post their Happy Birthday's etc.
Personally, it's never bothered me, all part of the fun really. :)

Hey, what's going on here with all this personal stuff about birthdays and armageddon.
I was looking in the Queensland page hoping to read some bowling news, for a moment I thought I was in some "Gerry type chat show".
Come on moderators - lets stick to the main topic and get these people on the phone to each other not gushing on for their own self gratification.
That quote was posted in the Qld section earlier. It makes a very good point.

My thoughts exactly. If you want to wish someone a happy birthday I would at least take the time and effort to get on the phone and do it in a more person to person way.

Anyway like these birthday posts, I really don't think this post needs to go on for any longer. I hope there is some sort of restriction put in place for birthday posts, after all this is TOTALBOWLING.COM not TOTALBIRTHDAYS.COM and if there is, well then there's only one thing left to say and that's......HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

Oh some of you are big party poopers!!!!!!!! Ok, it can be a bit much sometimes when it drags on and on but it is really nice when it is your own birthday. You wouldn't complain if it was your Happy birthday posted!!!!

This may be a bowling site but making friendships across the country is a part of bowling........and this is a bowling community on this forum.

I agree and disagree with you ice, yes still have a birthday section, but close the thread say 3 days tops after your birthday, who ever doesnt get to post in your birthday thread can send you a priv msg or an email.

Some of these birthdays are getting posted 2-3 days before it is even the person's Birthday, and by people that are close to them, who in my mind would remember what day your Birthday is. Then a week after there Birthday has been and gone people are still posting which is fine, but let them have there own section so if you dont want to read it you dont have too.

Yes, good idea kellie, I do agree! It was just nice for me this year being so far away from my 'other half' and all my family and friends so my Happy birthday posts made my day.:)

A birthday forum sounds like a good idea as Lana said it is nice when it's your birthday to get on and see some lovely wishes from friends etc. At least with a birthday section you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

Maybe the reason some threads run on is that not all people have the luxury of checking the site on a daily basis or may post early as they know they wont be able to access the site on the particular day. Our computer at home is having a hissy fit at the moment and we can only log on at other locations.

So as posted before a birthday forum would be good for those who are not interested and also good for those who are. After all your birthday only comes around once a year, people are suppossed to make a BIG deal of you, even if it does last a week........

I agree and disagree with you ice, yes still have a birthday section,
Kellie its all your fault you told me i should and i did and now look what has happened!
Birthday wishes gone mad ......................lol.....................:rolleyes:
Gary...............................................:cool:

A seperate birthday section would be a good idea - perhaps an offshoot from the Miscellaneous section?

Back
Top Bottom