Big names set to come down under in October

The reason is a simple one and makes sense to me....he's a 170 average bowler who to my knowledge hasn't ever bowled any ranking tournaments.
I have no idea why he ever mentioned that he wouldn't be bowling this one...in fact..I'd be willing to pay for his TBA silver membership on the proviso that he bowls the 2010 Australian Masters

You also going to pay the travel and accomodation etc for me to bowl Wayne or you just shooting off your mouth again?

I was going to bowl in this, along with others from Mildura. Once I saw the rumours and the bull**** about the Silver membership I pulled out, simply out of principle. I was then made redundant at work 3 days after that post and even if I wanted to now I would not be bowling due to money.

Happy Now?

Oh, and by the way, you need to do your research before you post.

Best everyone just stops responding to him. You're only encourageing him. He's not about to make any concessions to reasonableness. He's just in automatic, full on defence mode. A lot like some people I continue to have thrust at me on TV. I think they're called 'politicians'.

The event now has two ( not one ) major things going for it. The first being those people likely to bowl in it, and the second being those people promising to stay away.

And what is unreasonable about me stating the truth?

FACT: there is no confirmation or certainty that any big names will come to Australia for the masters. At the moment it is just word and mouth.

FACT: any promotion of the sport is good and I have said that all along.

FACT: people have said in the past that there will be big names bowling in tourneys and it hasn't happened. Bowlers and spectators have been let down.

Correct me if I am wrong in any of that.

It's funny how when you start stating the truth to people they don't like it.

And what is unreasonable about me stating the truth?

FACT: there is no confirmation or certainty that any big names will come to Australia for the masters. At the moment it is just word and mouth.

FACT: any promotion of the sport is good and I have said that all along.

FACT: people have said in the past that there will be big names bowling in tourneys and it hasn't happened. Bowlers and spectators have been let down.

Correct me if I am wrong in any of that.

It's funny how when you start stating the truth to people they don't like it.

What a F!@#wit Of course its word of mouth the entry forms arnt even out yet.

Thought this thread was going to give me list of the BIG names that were coming to this innovative event (never never know until you try a dfferent approach) But have only seen some big ego's todate.

George isnt spreading rumours at all!
I walked past as he was telling one of the americans about the Australian Masters and she was really interested in it!

I walked past as he was telling one of the americans about the Australian Masters and she was really interested in it!

If George has been "spreading the word" as it were, then more power to him! So what if he doesn't have a list of names? Reality is that if he had not been spreading the word and given these people enough notice to get travel and accomodation etc organised, then they most probably would not have been able to come anyway.

Unfortunately there is so much negativity from the likes of "GoTheCell", I hope the prospective big names don't ever read this thread. Why would you want to come to a country where these types of attitudes prevail?

I hope the field has lots of international players in it and it's a huge success.

I will be going for a look, where is it being held and what dates if they are known?

as for the other stuff on this thread its pretty black and white for mine, there is no names being named for good reason. Imagine if George came out with a list of 5 and only 2 showed up, he is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

Besides who's to know any of us will be around in october to bowl in it.

The negativity in this thread gives me a headache. Im looking forward to seeing this tourny regardless of who does or doesnt bowl.

I believe it's going to be at the new centre opening at Rooty Hill in Sydney. I think it's not far from the current Castle Hill centre.

I would think the prize money that's being offered would bring out the best Australia has got anyway. Even if overseas competitors don't manage to make it the competition is still going to be formidable.

The mediocre bowlers are necessary for these tournaments. They're not just there to make up the numbers. It's there chance to improve and they stop being mediocre bowlers and if they're true competitors they will want to have a go. They certainly won't be thinking that they have no chance before they even throw a ball in anger. We were all mediocre bowlers at one time. I just wish I was fit enough for this.

And who says the mediocre or Nevell Nobody can't win? Dave Hardy ring a bell? 1987 CocaCola Classic, Kedron Bowl. I had never heard of him until that moment when he swept through the step ladder final.

The sport is fighting hard for recognition as it is and the last thing we need is people trying to bring it down from within. That's tantamount to treason, isn't it?

I don't know George from a bag of dirt nor do I know you GTC and regardless whether international competitors compete here or not at least someone is making an effort to spread the word about AUSTRALIAN TENPIN BOWLING and that can only be a good thing!

REALITY CHECK. Is there anyone on this site who would say, that George doesn't have a good chance of being up there in the top end of the prizemoney chances, in this or any other tournament in Australia?

Every international bowler who comes here for this event, is another realistic obstacle for George to overcome, before he can get his hands on some of the loot.

If he had the negative attitude of some ( yes, there's more than one ) of the posts on this site, he'd have been trying to talk them out of coming.

He could, of course say thet it's all rumour and innuendo. Etc., etc., etc., It might never happen, blah, blah, blah, just as some of the naysayers have been babbling on about here.

Yep, he was probably doing just that and I have said about 20 times so far it is good that he is promoting the sport like that.

BUT, whoever he was "talking to" as you put it has only said she was interested.

REALITY CHECK. Is there anyone on this site who would say, that George doesn't have a good chance of being up there in the top end of the prizemoney chances, in this or any other tournament in Australia?

Every international bowler who comes here for this event, is another realistic obstacle for George to overcome, before he can get his hands on some of the loot.

If he had the negative attitude of some ( yes, there's more than one ) of the posts on this site, he'd have been trying to talk them out of coming.

He could, of course say thet it's all rumour and innuendo. Etc., etc., etc., It might never happen, blah, blah, blah, just as some of the naysayers have been babbling on about here.

Exactley Jim, do you think I want Osku, Dom Barrett, Zule and Adrain Ang coming (its bad enough that they are coming to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup this year)? God no, those guys can freakin play. There are countless International bowlers I have spoken to who are over the moon that we are hosting an event are trying their best to get here. The girls will be even more interesting with some Danish girls, and some American pros all expressing interest in coming to our wonderful country.

We have an amazing opportunity (might even be a one off) to show case our country and bowling as a whole. I'm proud of the fact we have this event to bowl and I'm telling the world! I have a few more trips planned o/s coming up, I"ll be telling more people then too.

I think the majority agree with me, I'm going to try and not respond to the delinquents on this site who wouldnt know a high profile bowler is they fell over one. Looking forward to this event.

Does anyone know whether or not there will be some media interest in this event?

BTW George, I think you are doing a wonderful job in helping to promote a dwindling sport.

To all of the critics............If you want to bowl or show up for the event as a spectator, do so.

Should you not wish to bowl, that is your choice also.

Personally, if it were me, I would bowl irrespective of who turned up. (not that I'm good enough) Enjoy the tournament for what it is, not based on who will be there.

My 2 cents.

Bigsy !!!

As for your question regarding why I am not bowling, what f-ing difference does it make? It is completely off topic.

I've been reading this topic on & off, but just had to input something here.. if you aren't going to be involved in the event, why are you bothering creating drama? I'd be too lazy to lol.

Personally, I think it'd be great having more great players come here, might show some people a thing or two about bowling (including my self!)

If George has been "spreading the word" as it were, then more power to him! So what if he doesn't have a list of names? Reality is that if he had not been spreading the word and given these people enough notice to get travel and accomodation etc organised, then they most probably would not have been able to come anyway.

Unfortunately there is so much negativity from the likes of "GoTheCell", I hope the prospective big names don't ever read this thread. Why would you want to come to a country where these types of attitudes prevail?

I hope the field has lots of international players in it and it's a huge success.

VERY well said brenton!

I hope this is not at rooty hill, what a crap place to put any tournament , exp for overseas bowlers who will get the stuff stolen in 5mins

what a great tournament to bowl in with the overseas bowlers in. It would be a good experience and if i get the chance i will

Not really? I was quite serious.. if there coming to aus why not pick a nice area and a safe one?

I hope this is not at rooty hill, what a crap place to put any tournament , exp for overseas bowlers who will get the stuff stolen in 5mins

How can you speak badly about a bowl that hasn't been completed yet?

Back
Top Bottom