Big names set to come down under in October

Lets just look at how many Entries into the 2009 Masters, as i can see on the TBA website, we have atleast 50 Entries from the Male Division and 43 in the Female Division, imagine how much extra cash that TBA would have if they all had Silver Registrations.

Now to become a Registered player all you have to do is fill out a registration form in a Registered Center, nothing about bowling in a league so International players or even Locals that didnt have the Silver Registration can sign up before the tournament...please correct me with any proof of otherwise.

$25,000 1st place...anyone in the world can enter this tournament, The question is do you want to have the chance to win this Cash, there would be over 200 Bowlers in this country that have the skills to do just that...but where are you. Support this event and things will change.

No more of this Negativity what is the point of it.

The only way Bowling is going to Survive is if the Bowlers allow it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTheCell
This could almost be called the joke thread.

Silver membership just to bowl?
People being allowed to bowl if they buy membership the day before it is on even if they are not registered in a league in Australia?
People starting rumours to get bowlers interested in bowling in the tourney?

I decided (only this morning) not to bowl in this even though I had been asked. Glad I did now.

Mate I think your the joke.... do you think people are really going to care if you dont show? Do you have to be asked to participate in the events? Last time I checked I didnt see your name on any squad listing on major events we currently have here.

Does it matter that International bowlers dont bowl league here? I dont bowl league in Indonesia, Qatar or Malaysia but after paying a 'registration fee' (which for the sake of words could be our Silver membership joining fee) I was allowed to bowl.

Stop thinking of this as an Australian Masters and start thinking of it as an International Open. I have already told tournament promoters I'll be back in Jakarta in June to defend my title, is that a rumour as well or is me notifying a bunch of friends over there I'm bowling? Same thing applies here.

Get over yourself and if you dont have anything positive to say maybe just dont say it. I'm thankful we even have this event to bowl, you should be as well.

WOW

some people need to get off their high horses..
again, going to support george 100%.

and as george has stated...
where has you name been down for any "major event"

you dont want to bowl?
not a problem..
honestly dont think its going to upset any of the other bowlers..
and lets just say for arguements sake...
that at the end of the day.
these bowlers arent able to make it out...

its not like we are at a loss anyways..

$25,000 1st place...anyone in the world can enter this tournament, The question is do you want to have the chance to win this Cash, there would be over 200 Bowlers in this country that have the skills to do just that...but where are you. Support this event and things will change.

No more of this Negativity what is the point of it.

The only way Bowling is going to Survive is if the Bowlers allow it to.

well said, i would support this statement anyday of the week

How about "let's see if it does"?

****, what do we have to lose?

So what you are saying is
By putting up a $25k prize purse and attract a few international bowler to the event will entice people off the street to come into bowling centres and join leagues

Sorry I cannot see it

Mate I think your the joke.... do you think people are really going to care if you dont show? Do you have to be asked to participate in the events? Last time I checked I didnt see your name on any squad listing on major events we currently have here.

Does it matter that International bowlers dont bowl league here? I dont bowl league in Indonesia, Qatar or Malaysia but after paying a 'registration fee' (which for the sake of words could be our Silver membership joining fee) I was allowed to bowl.

Stop thinking of this as an Australian Masters and start thinking of it as an International Open. I have already told tournament promoters I'll be back in Jakarta in June to defend my title, is that a rumour as well or is me notifying a bunch of friends over there I'm bowling? Same thing applies here.

Get over yourself and if you dont have anything positive to say maybe just dont say it. I'm thankful we even have this event to bowl, you should be as well.

I actually missed your post George but I am glad someone else pointed it out for me. Now I can say what I actually want.

Last year at Berri you stated that Belmo would be coming and he withdrew due to his wife having a baby. If I was to speculate I would guess Belmo and his wife knew well before then that they were going to have a baby around that time. Fact is you have said people were bowling in the past and they didn't so why should we believe you now?

I have NOT said anything bad about the event. It sounds like a great event but I will not be upgrading a TBA membership just to bowl in a tourney.

I also said it would be good if the sport is promoted and if you are doing so then great.

The one who needs to get over himself is you. This is an open forum and everyone is allowed an opinion but I hardly think it is a place to start what is currently an unsubstantiated rumour.

WOW

some people need to get off their high horses..
again, going to support george 100%.

and as george has stated...
where has you name been down for any "major event"

you dont want to bowl?
not a problem..
honestly dont think its going to upset any of the other bowlers..
and lets just say for arguements sake...
that at the end of the day.
these bowlers arent able to make it out...

its not like we are at a loss anyways..

Isn't the idea of promoting an event to get people who haven't bowled in it before to bowl so the event gets bigger and better?

Wouldn't having the some of the biggest names in the bowling world here encourage people to think about bowling or at least going to look if it is close? Then they turn up and noone there - are they going to come again?

You keep sucking up to George. It looks like it will get you far.

Now, for anyone else who can't read, I will say it again.

1. Any promotion of the sport is good.
2. Spreading unsubstantiated rumours about it is not so good.
3. Good luck to George if he is promoting Australian bowling overseas.

I hope the event goes well and there are top bowlers there. I hope it gets all the attention it deserves. and the sport goes forward. What I don't want is all the hype then nothing happens as this will do more damage than good.

So what you are saying is
By putting up a $25k prize purse and attract a few international bowler to the event will entice people off the street to come into bowling centres and join leagues

Sorry I cannot see it

I can't see it either. It is more likely to make the event bigger and better next year (if it works) but any benefit down the ladder and to the league bowlers will be minimal.

The one who needs to get over himself is you. This is an open forum and everyone is allowed an opinion but I hardly think it is a place to start what is currently an unsubstantiated rumour.

Hmm I seem to remember you jumping down my throat on another thread for not sharing your opinion, regardless of right or wrong you are correct for once in saying this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Maybe take heed of your own advice.

George hasn't done anything wrong in starting this thread and while I don't know you, I'm quite sure you haven't the stature in the game that George does - which he has earned.

Cheer up mate, here have a hug.

What an impost:to have to pay $50.00 instead of $20.00 ! I've said before, how can anyone expect TBA, or any sports admin body to promote it's sport on effectively no income ( compared to other sports).
Anyone from TBA or AMF reading this thread - just ignore the knockers.
Somewhere on one of the threads there was a link to the prizemoney run-down for the Masters. It was impressive - not just the first place money. Can anyone find it , I can't, and post it on here?
Then can we have a poll on this thread ( I don't know how to do it) , showing those in favour of this new approach, including overseas and local participation, for the price of Silver Membership, to the TBA.
So AMF are trying something new, and costly, which has a good chance of success, and TBA may get a moderate increase in their income.
I think that will show up the naysayers for the minority they are. Actually, I think some already realise that their views were ill-informed, they just don't know how to say so.

If you went to a golf course to play 18 holes and you got told it was $25 to play 18 holes but you have to pay for a $200 membership before you can do so you would tell them to shove the round of golf up their arse. Same applies here. It isn't the $30, it is the principle of the thing.

But you aren't going to play 18 holes of golf. You're going to play in the biggest tournament that we have to offer, or to keep the golf analogy going, the Australian PGA Stop, in which yes, you would have to have certain membership requirements to play... Your comparison is a joke.

Cow

Found Some of it. I believe I've seen a more complete rundown somewhere, but can't find it.

You know, there's a very useful place for knockers. Nailed to the outside of a door.

CANT GET THE PRIZEMONEY CHART BelowTO SPACE RIGHT. Mens, $25,000, $12500, $6250, and Womens $15,000, $7500, $3750. That leaves, I think, another $30,000 to be allocated.

FOR RELEASE 10.30A.M. EST, OCTOBER 26TH, 2009
PRESS RELEASE
Tenpin Bowling scores record $100,000 sponsorship
Australia will be home to one of the richest purses in tenpin bowling in the world from next year.
The AMF Bowling CEO Jordan Rodgers announced a record $100,000 sponsorship for the 2010
Tenpin Bowling National Masters at the opening of the Rachuig Tournament in Brisbane on
Tuesday. The AMF National Masters as it will be known from 2010, will be a highlight of the 2010
National Championships which will be held at the new AMF Bowling Rooty Hill, NSW in October.
This sponsorship announcement represents a significant partnership between the National
Sporting Organisation TBA and AMF Bowling.
News of the lucrative prize pool has stunned the tenpin bowling community. Never before has a
prize fund of this magnitude been on offer to Australian bowlers and this result clearly demonstrates
the tangible benefits of the sport and industry working together in the best interests of the bowler.
CEO of Tenpin Bowling Australia (TBA), Gillian Thompson-Rogers, was delighted to finally be able
to announce this significant sponsorship announcement to the elite bowling community, and
publicly thanked Jordan Rodgers and AMF Bowling for their generous support of competitive
bowling within Australia.
“This $100,000 sponsorship will raise the profile of tenpin bowling’s most prestigious event and
represents a new era in tenpin bowling for all elite bowlers in Australia,” Ms Thompson-Rogers
said.
“We believe there is a need to reform the elite tournament scene in Australia, to work
collaboratively with the TBA to develop pathways through the sport, to encourage globally
competitive performance and to create more meaningful goals to increase participation and elevate
the status of bowling in the community and the media. We are excited to be combining our
resources with the TBA to deliver a really exciting tournament in 2010 that we hope will become the
pinnacle event on the world bowling calendar.” said Mr. Rodgers.
Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited
Phone: (07) 32624455
[email protected]
www.tenpin.org.au
TENPIN BOWLING AUSTRALIA LIMITED
FOR RELEASE 10.30A.M. EST, OCTOBER 26TH, 2009
While further detail of prize fund payments for 4th to 8th will be released closer to the event, the
Prize Fund for the first 3 places in the 2010 AMF National Masters will be:
According to Ms Thompson-Rogers, the AMF Bowling deal is the most significant sponsorship in
the sport’s history and will stimulate enormous interest among current tournament players, as well
as up and coming elite bowlers.
Jordan Rodgers, CEO of AMF Bowling, said the sponsorship would elevate the sport’s standing
within the international sporting community.
“We are confident the prize money on offer will not only give our national event a high profile within
Australia and globally, but that it is likely to attract international bowlers Down Under.”
The 2010 AMF National Masters will be held at the 34 lane AMF Bowling Rooty Hill which is
currently under construction and scheduled to open circa April 2010 on the grounds of the Rooty
Hill RSL Club.
End
Placing Men’s Masters Winners Prize
Fund Women’s Masters WinnersPrize Fund
First Place $25000 $15000
Second Place $12500 $7500
Third Place $6250 $3750

And having some international bowlers here with some media hype is going to do what??

When tiger woods was here how many new golfers picked up the sport??
It possibly worked the other way "I cannot ever do that so I wont even try"
The problem with Tenpin Bowling is its slowly becoming an elite closed shop sport

Good theory Nev, let's get a bunch of mediocre bowlers for everyone to aspire to. Your negativity is underwhelming.

For weeks after Tiger was out here, it was difficult to get tee times, and driving ranges were packed.

nev25, way back when- there used to be a progression from social bowler to league bowler - in really large numbers - and from league to tournament.

Guess what. That was also when there was bowling on Telly here, and in the sports and general sections of newspapers. In other words it was out there - in people's faces. To start with, sure the general public didn't recognise the then names. How do you think they would ever know them then, or in the present if we do nothing different from what we've been doing for the last 10 / 20 or whatever years?

nev25, you really have me puzzled. How come you're able to post when you seem unable to read?

Back
Top Bottom