Belmonte v Angelo

Let me guess was Angelo losing at the time?

Not much of a pro if he cant shut out the noise of a bottle cracking or whatever it was.

At any one point the crowd would create the same amount of ambient noise from just being there in my opinion.

Ive seen him act like this before on TV, but only when he is losing. Man up Angelo ya big sook ya pulled it inside it was a bad shot. Take the spare and take a seat.

G'Day,

He seems like a touchy bugger, 200 pound of dynamite with a 1/2 inch wick, also known as Italian. I can say that as I am also of Italian back ground.

Check out the footage of him having a crack at Chris Barnes and tell me he does not have anger management issues.

Didn't see any issue with what he said at all. No abuse, no raising his voice, nothing. He just mentioned something he felt concerned about.

Would it have bothered me, no, but I am not a professional either.

For those that are not bi-lingual I'll interpret what Brad Angelo said for you.

"C'mon Jase, you're an extremely talented bowler and I am pretty sure you are going to beat me. I am mentally weak and after throwing a really crappy shot I have to blame anything other than myself. And another thing while I have your attention, I would really appreciate you not breathing in and out while I am on the approach as it is very distracting".

Jason being the ultimate pro handled the situation extremely well.

Brad Angelo = TOOL!!!

thats just poor sportsmanship, if it had really bothered him that much why didn't he stop mid swing, everyone else can do it on tv.

I think Angelo needs to be reminded what it was like when his was at our level in the game when if you made the mistake of getting up for your shot to early your opponent would try and get in your head by slapping in your face on his way back if he got a strike !!!

Well handled Belmo you continue to impress !! , would have been real easy even on tv to say OHHHH HAVE A SOOK MATE !!! . .

I think Angelo needs to be reminded what it was like when his was at our level in the game when if you made the mistake of getting up for your shot to early your opponent would try and get in your head by slapping in your face on his way back if he got a strike !!!

Well handled Belmo you continue to impress !! , would have been real easy even on tv to say OHHHH HAVE A SOOK MATE !!! . .

Spot on... well done Belmo!!

Whats do you mean, when he was at our level. I have seen plenty of people from pros right down continue to do it. I do it myself from time to time, only with certain people though who dont mind, its about picking and choosing who to do it to.
Angelo needs to grow up and get some mental stability I feel, seems like a bit of a knob.

From the replies posted here, it seems the majority of posters simply 'have no clue" about sportsmanship.

Yes, there was audible noise when belmo opened his water bottle. Brad stopped the previous time it happened, stepped off the approach, glared at Jason, then resumed bowling. When he heard the noise again, it was too late to hold up on his shot and he audibly told off Jason for being unprofessional.

Some of you may have read the post regarding this incident that was placed on pba.com by George Frilingos (since removed by the PBA) entitled Brad Angelo - douch bag. Belmo also posted in that thread, admitting that his bottle of water had made some crackling noises, but that it was entirely accidental. I believe Belmo as he is a man of his word.

I know I have seen plenty of "gamesmanship" on the lanes over the years, i've been known to even partake in a little of it myself from time to time, against certain opponents...

It's hard to guage from the video if Belmo intentionally made his bottle crackle, but I reckon Jason would've known he was getting under his skin, after the first time Angelo stepped off the lanes & glared at him.... If I was sitting where Belmo was, and my opponent reacted like that to a small noise, then I know I was under his skin & could continue to throw him off his game....

G'Day,

I think a couple of things stand out here for me.

1: MR Angelo is a little tightly strung. The video of him having a go at Chris Barnes proves that.

2: Mr Belmonte is not only of Italian back ground I believe, but he is Australian.

So, putting those two things together reminds me of when I was growing up. I knew what made my sister's blood boil. So, how could you resist not giving it a twist.

Just to see the reaction.

It would have been un-Australian of Jason not to twist the bottle and see if he got the same result every time.

Now, that is true sport science Australian style!

G'Day all,

From PBA.com after the match:

“I had a really good look,” Belmonte said. “The three bad shots I made were really bad. I got a little rushed and a little ahead of myself. I wanted to close out the match and I should have been a little more patient. I’m a little eager to win, but I think everyone else is as well. I just have to realize that I can’t think too far ahead of myself. I have to focus on what my job is, and that’s frame by frame, as clichéd as that may sound.”

There was a point in the match when Angelo was distracted by a noise Belmonte apparently made with his water bottle, causing a moment of tension. But Belmonte dismissed the issue after talking with Angelo.

“There’s no issue,” Belmonte said. “(Brad) said good luck for the next match. We discussed it and we’re good. He and I are going for a drink later on; there are no hard feelings.”

Back
Top Bottom