Balls out of the gutter

ffs would you believe that in the end-of-league meeting tonight at Noarlunga, everyone bar three people (approx 35 people) voted to allow these deliveries to count? Never mind that it's against the rules of both USBC and TBA.

I think I need to find a new league :(

thats funny, while your at it, ask for all fouls to be allowed and ask for mulligans be introduced into the league.

How about running down the lane, and knocking the pins over by hand...

Mushtares records is go in seconds!

If that is so, and the league was previously TBA sanctioned, then it is now not TBA sanctioned, and honour scores shouldn't be given if achieved because all TBA sactioned leagues must abide by the TBA Rulebook.

I would advise you to let firstly the league president know of this, and then let TBA know that the league has allowed this rule change for your league if the president fails to overrule it.

Easy Tiger said:
If that is so, and the league was previously TBA sanctioned, then it is now not TBA sanctioned, and honour scores shouldn't be given if achieved because all TBA sactioned leagues must abide by the TBA Rulebook.
I would advise you to let firstly the league president know of this, and then let TBA know that the league has allowed this rule change for your league if the president fails to overrule it.
Spoil sport!! ;)

androooo said:
How about running down the lane, and knocking the pins over by hand...
Mushtares records is go in seconds!

While it was a good joke in the beginning, I think we can let him off the hook now :rolleyes:

On the topic itself, I agree with tim that the league should be unsanctioned. On the other hand, if people can waive rules willy-nilly, what sort of mockery does this make of tenpin bowling as a sport? Whether the league is sanctioned or not, all of the rules should still apply.

Just my thoughts.

I agree,

Rules are rules, they are not just TBA rules they are rule of bowling and i am pretty sure that every league and tournamnet in the world would have to adhere to these rules.

I would have also thought that if the centre is a TBA sanctioned centre that any league that operates from that centre would have to follow the TBA rule book. I could be wrong but i think that is absolutely ludicrous that the centre would allow this to happen!

Since when was it against the rules to use the gutter for spares or strikes for that matter. My doubles comp allows the bumpers....thought it was normal :confused:
Geez i better keep up to date, soon you guys might say that changing a solid 8 pin to a strike is not allowed!
"Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit" but thats all i got for this thread!
Jason

Hey all. Get this!

At the pub tonight the other members of my Thursday night league team complained that I was "putting them at a disadvantage" by changing scores for illegal deliveries.

I had one. Bounced out of the flat gutter and knocked the 10-pin down for a spare. I changed it to a 9-. Next ball was a strike so we were 11 pins worse off as a result of my actions. Apparently there's supposed to be no "I" in "team" and I should have taken the spare! The argument was that as every other team takes these scores for real, I should do the same. ffs!

Just started a Monday night league because of all this crap and was hoping to use Thursdays as a kind of practice event. Now looks like I'll have to ditch Thursdays completely and find yet another league to play in!

Rant over. Sorry, but I'm really pissed off at the mo!

I would have also thought that if the centre is a TBA sanctioned centre that any league that operates from that centre would have to follow the TBA rule book.
Not necessarily apparently. A league can be self-governing and have a secretary etc. Hell it can even make it's own mini-rules, maybe even be a no-tap league, or invent any number of little quirks so as to make it interesting to it's members.

The Thursday league (Boogie) to which I refer, however, is run and administered by AMF Noarlunga. I suppose that if almost the entire league votes to allow illegal deliveries to count then there's little that AMF can/want to do about it because at the end of the day it's all incoming money for them.

I have to say I'm rather disappointed by the whole affair.

Back
Top Bottom