Ball weight and brand - Would you swap?

I use 14ib due to elbow problems. Columbia and Roto grip seem to be the balls i bowl better with ,might get the EPX out and have a throw i think they smell like stale cigarette smell. Just tossing up on a new ball between the Roto grip Theory and Columbia World beater and Storm Virtual gravity.

I use 14ib due to elbow problems. Columbia and Roto grip seem to be the balls i bowl better with ,might get the EPX out and have a throw i think they smell like stale cigarette smell. Just tossing up on a new ball between the Roto grip Theory and Columbia World beater and Storm Virtual gravity.

Getting a Roto Grip sounds like a good 'Theory' to me! ;)

I stick with Columbia300. Have had 11 balls since taking up the game again 9 years ago the first was a Columbia Beast, then a Brunswick Monster, which just didn't work for me, so Columbia300 ever since.

I started bowling with only purchasing brunswick gear and i was quite stubborn about it. The fury being a highlight.
Eventually i bought some second hand roto grip gear and i am impressed. I certainly agree with michael about the entry level balls. The Pluto surprises me on a regular basis with its versatility and carry.
Im not sure if i so much fall into the 'high rev' category, possibly a tweener if i was to have a guess.

I was using Brunswick an Track for a few years, an not doing too bad with them,,,i thought,,,then i bought a couple of balls from Matt Watson ,,,"Momentum and Resurgence",,,well that was it, hooked on Columbia300,at about the same time i got a couple of second hand Storm balls, same thing, hooked on Storm.

The thing i found so different between Columbia300/Storm and Brunswick/Track, was the consistancy.It was always hit an miss with my Bruswick gear, i couldnt trust it, but now, i know what to expect when i go bowling.

At the moment, in my bag, i have a Columbia300 Pure Physics (which i am rapt in) and a WD spare ball,,,an just Got a Virtual Energy, an Tropical Heat(Black/Silver) drilled up, an have an Anarchy sitting in the back room waiting for a callup lol

Oh an i love the smell of my Storm gear, i have no idea why anyone would think its smells bad :rolleyes:

johnnybg

Used hammer for a long time but have now mixed and matched with Global (BANK) and Storm (REIGN SUPREME).

All in all what I use depends on the pattern (fresh or transitioning).

I use different balls depending on what you want the ball to do, don't really care about the brand. Just like golf clubs .... you have balls to roll early or go late etc ..

G'Day,

OK a little more therapy and I have added a different brand, Brunswick. Based mainly on price as I wanted to test the weight increase to 15lb on my shoulders and a different drilling. I also promised to test the ball jig from another post so need to add a ball. Fingers crossed it will be drilled up this week.

I have also been changing my roll the last few months and looking at how different ball layouts, finishes and weight blocks work. So it's a work in progress with a LOT of work to go. The first 7 months back has been the biggest learning curve. Far more than I would have ever thought. But a lot of fun.

If the weight is ok I will probably try going Seismic, Global or Motiv, just to have a black ball in the kit and to be different.

Back
Top Bottom