Andrew Frawley wins ABFTour TOC

It is an amazing effort by the big guy. The format one you make the top 8 is a single match elimination. Andrew got up in some close ones, here is the story coutesy of www.abf-online.org

Victories for Aussie and Malaysian

18th January, Jakarta: Andrew Frawley of Australia finally nailed his first title after eight attempts to emerged as the Men's champion of the ABF Tour Tournament of Champions while Tang Joh Six of Malaysia clinched the women's crown at Jaya Ancol Bowling Centre on Sunday.

Filipino, Biboy Rivera set a cracking pace with a turkey in the final match against Andrew Frawley of Australia to take a 19 pin lead. But the 45-year-old responded with five strikes in a row as Rivera also downed another turkey leaving only 1 pin separating the two in the eighth frame.

Rivera struck in the ninth frame but failed to chalk up another in the final frame ending his match with 235 while the Aussie closed out with a turkey to seal the victory with 249. The victory gave Frawley the top prize of US$20,000 with Rivera settling for US$8,000 as first runnerup.

"It has been eight years since taking part in the tour and this is really a hard-earned victory," said Frawley after being presented with the trophy by ABF President, Sheikh Talal M. Al-Sabah.

"I'm extremely happy that ABF continued to bring this tour to bowlers in Asia and I've to thank the sponsors and the ABF Tour committee. Biboy is a tough competitor and he bowled well throughout this tournament.

The champion reached the finals ousting another Filipino contender, Chester King 219-187 in the first semifinals and topseed, Somjed Kusonpithak of Thailand, 190-180 in the quarter-finals.

Rivera defeated favourite and 2006 TOC champion, Wu Siu Hong of Hong Kong, 208-163 to advance into the title match and second-seed, Sithiphol Kunaksorn of Thailand, 247-203 in the quarter-finals.

The finals was recorded by Metro TV and will be broadcast to major Asian television channels at a later date. For further information and details, please contact ABF Tour Committee at Tel: +852 2893 6039, Fax: +852 2893 6290; Email: [email protected].

Andrew - Lovell only wrote nice words 'cause he want's to snip you for $50...as for me - well I think it's been a long time coming and justly deserved. Well bowled and well done -and here I was thinking you were long past it!!

Now let me see.....the last time I was that wrong was December....no hang on ......I remember......it was November - 1967..or was it 1968..gees I don't know .......sorry ....eerrr....what's your name again son!!??

Hey Jonsey,
My comments came straight from the heart. By the way, we are playing golf on Friday. Frawls is paying for golf,the cart, lunch and drinks after we finish. So it's not $50, it's around $100. He doesn't know it yet.I will wait and tell him Friday when he turns up.
Cheers Lovey

Back
Top Bottom