Frawley wins Thailand International Open

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
36th MWA Thailand International Open

18th April, Bangkok: The Men's and Ladies' Open Masters crowns went to Andrew Frawley of Australia and Tannya Roumimper of Indonesia at the conclusion of the 36th MWA Thailand International Open at S.F. Strike Bowl on Sunday.

Both the champions were stretched into the third and deciding game of the best-of-3 title matches to clinch their titles. No. 4 seed Andrew Frawley took the first game convincingly against challenger and No. 2 seed, Kritchawat Jampahkao of Thailand, 236-195.

Frawley had to take the back seat when he lost the second game, 173-199 to the Thai after two small mistakes but the Aussie bounced back brilliantly with another convincing victory over Kritchawat, 212-178 in the deciding game to win the Men's Open Masters crown.

"I'm so delighted with myself for winning this title," confessed the 46-year-old Frawley, who is the head coach of the Kuwait national team. "I'm fortunate to be given opportunities like this to compete in tournaments.

Andrew Frawley's first open title since 2002

"Sometimes you have to compete in order to try out new bowling balls available. This helps me to understand how the balls react to various lane conditions and in turn helps my bowlers. I think I won the same title in 2002 and that's a long time ago," added Frawley, whose last win was the ABF Tour Tournament of Champions in Jakarta in 2009.

Frawley eliminated top seed, Tim Mack of USA 2-0 in the semi-finals while Kritchawat took out Somjed Kusonpithak 2-1 in the all-Thai semi-final. The champion won 300,000 baht (approx. US$9,800) and Kritchawat pocketed 150,000 baht. Tim Mack finished third as a result of being the No. 1 seed.

Attachments

• MOmstr_champ.jpg
    MOmstr_champ.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 32
Hey Frawls,
Well done mate on a winning the tournament. All champions rise to the top. Keep up the good work.
Cheers Lovey

Thanks Steve....
just had a chance to check out the results from Orange.....how does a guy who plays 10 games a year beat Australia's No 1 lefty?

Answer......experience.

Well done mate, good bowling, time to make a mini comeback.

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom