Belmonte of Australia is the Boy's Open champion

Jase

Admin
Staff member
In the boy's Open division, top-seed, Annop Arromsaranon of Thailand, was set on taking the title when he needed only 9 pins or more in his final throw in the match against, second-seed and winner of the first stepladder match, Jason Belmonte of Australia.

The Thai could only manage 6 pins loosing the first match, 243-245 and was forced to play the sudden-death decider. Before Annop's final throw, Belmonte had already taken off his bowling shoes knowing that he had been beaten but as it turned out, the Aussie earned a second chance.

In the crucial second match, a split in the fifth frame by Annop proved costly as the Aussie struck home to beat the top-seed, 215-202 to win the Boy's Open Masters' crown. "This is my last title in the junior ranks as I would not be eligible to take part next year," said the champion.

"The local crowd has been fantastic and I thank all of them especially Pyraid Megalanes for bringing me here to compete in this tournament. I've decided to give away two of my bowling balls to participants of the Shalin Cup as a token of my appreciation.

Tha champion had earlier ousted two Malaysians, third-seed, Eric Ang and fourth-seed, Zulmazran Zulkifli, 220-205-198 before going on to bag the top prize of RM25,000. Annop, who finished second last year, again settled for the runner-up position and took home RM12,000. Eric Ang finished third to win RM6,000 and Zulmazran claimed RM3,000.

Story and picture from http://www.mtbc.org.my/

Attachments

• BO_champ.jpg
    BO_champ.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 26
Nice One Belmo what a away to end your Youth Tournaments on a High Winning Brunswick Youth and Now Milo All Stars Congrats on the Win.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom