AMF run the sport to suit themselves!!!!!!

S

spotty34_mac

What is it with AMF??
I have bowled for over 20 years in another state, but the last two seasons at two particularly close AMF VIC centres (names withheld) have me scratching what little hair I have left!
Firstly, on the subject of rules - There are none.. no league meetings held.. foul lights not put on.. entering averages not used... I could go on and on...
Secondly, the bowling conditions - Fans and air conditioning are never on (unless requested), lane conditioning not consistent (a great example was when I pre-bowled one night, my lanes had not been oiled, yet the league next door had been), and lane breakdowns as often as women nag...
Thirdly, the Centre staff - they were very friendly a year ago, but must be under extreme pressure... they are now rude and obnotious.
Oh.. one other thing... Creche facilities disbanded in the middle of the season, with no other reason but budget cut-backs.
Am I being a sore puss, or has anyone else found life tough out there for the bread and butter bowlers????
icon_razz.gif

Spotty,

I would suggest you have a word to the centre managers at the centres in question.

AMF is just like every other company, there are some managers who know what is going on, and there is some who dont.

I bowl at Sunshine, and there has been questionable things at times, but I find approaching centre managers with any issues that I find that I cant resolve with the staff on hand, quickly become solved.

In my own mind, a centre manager must assume the centre as being owned by themselves. They must embrace the centre, and produce profitable results for the company, while looking out for the league bowlers, and also create a fun atmosphere for the socail bowlers.

However, this is not an easy task. Im only 22, and slowly learning that its not always easy to fulfil the desires of every single person that walks into a bowling centre.

Go have a word to your centre manager. If you dont get the response you are looking for, Im sure the AMF state office in Victoria would love to hear from you. I personally some of the people in that office, so dont hesitate to give them a call, they are very friendly.

Cut backs I don't know about in Victoria but here in Maitland we have just had our league games go up 20c per game, the reason being to pay for wage rises. Also all the Coke drinks have jumped in prices as well as all the food, meals we were getting for $5.50 are now $7.50 and this is at the start of the new year. I just hope that we get value for our money, and this includes a happy face when we turn up and fork over our hard earned money.

How can u say that they have put the prices up to pay for a wage increase. Do u know this for a fact. AMF prices always increase as of the 1st January every year. So this is nothing new.

Thats the reason that they gave us when they told us of the price rise, but having people I know work there I can tell you that their wages have not increased. I think that it's just one way for them to keep putting up prices every year.On that note I would like to congratulate TBAL for going in a different direction and leaving the sports registration at the same cost as last year, $10. This seems to be a step in the right direction for TBAL to get people to remain on board and show support.

Back
Top Bottom