A question for you all

Education is the key - bowling unfortunately has a combination of one of the most technical sports in existence with the worst basic level of knowledge of any sport, IMHO.

You are completely right. I by no means know very much about this sport (other than my own game, everyone knows their own game better than anybody else) which is why I make an effort to take a glass half full approach towards everybody associated with the sport. If that mindframe was wide spread, I feel we'd be on the right track~

Everyone has heard the whole argument about making conditioning harder to educate bowlers, & proprietors not doing so because it detracts bowlers - we are our own worst enemy. This is why I believe we should make a heavier distinction between social leagues, & sports leagues. The sad thing there though, is this negative mindset is starting to over come league bowlers who see it as a sport - completely miss lead by the fact that 75% pf their ability is their equipment, but due to lack of coaching, resources, & education, they will never understand that. The longer it goes unnoticed, the harder it is for our sport to come back.

I personally, am happy enough to admit I would not realistically hold an average higher than mid 190's on a sports condition (sometimes a lot worse depending on how i feel!) - I don't allude my self with fantasies of being a professional bowler in a league house. But I'm damn well going to take advantage of the ball technology because everybody else is, & i want to stay competitive, haha.

Hi John, I was always told urethane compared to polyester urethane? (plastic) was softer, hence larger ball foot print on the lane = more friction. but still no where near as much as a reactive resin, I am not sure how accurate that is though so i could be way off mark. Clearly anything with less breakpoint would be mroe challenging though!

am happy to drag my old dick weber powerball out and I still go ok with it. Just a little statement way out of the box - if you want to improve your game - go and play lawn bowls -pretty much cost free (cept for your beers and smokes) - your not using 15/16 lb balls - swing is the same - accuracy and speed control a must - only difference is no run up but then the run up is there to get you to your swing

Back
Top Bottom