Another 900 bowled

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
From the ABC website www.bowl.com

Minnesotan Fires Seventh ABC-Approved 900 Series

December 10, 2004

GREENDALE, Wis. - Darin Pomije, a 30-year-old from New Prague, Minn., became the seventh person to roll an American Bowling Congress-approved 900 series Dec. 9.

Pomije had three consecutive 300 games in the Fabulous Foursome league at Strike Force Bowl.

"I threw the last ball on lane two and ran it out to lane four," said Pomije, who is the proprietor at the eight-lane center. "Once the pins went down, I fell to the floor and started crying and laughing. Everyone mugged me. It was unreal. All I can say is that it's a dream come true."

Pomije said he was somehow able to keep his nerves in check even heading into the final frame.

"A lot of things went through my mind, but every time I went up there my mind was pretty clear," he said. "I can't believe I wasn't nervous. I wasn't shaking or anything. I was just in a zone I think. I'm probably more nervous today talking to everybody about it."

Pomije's previous high ABC sanctioned series was an 822. He has rolled four 800 series as well as 11 previous 300 games.

Jeremy Sonnenfeld rolled the first approved 900 series on Feb. 2, 1997 in Lincoln, Neb. Tony Roventini of Milwaukee, Vince Wood of Moreno Valley, Calif., Robby Portalatin of Jackson, Mich., James Hylton of Salem, Ore., and Jeff Campbell II of New Castle, Pa., are the other five with 900 series to their credit.

Back
Top Bottom