2014 Nationals

Patterns need to be tweaked to individual centres. Always have and always will
2 different centres 2 different results even with the same machine.
As long as the process is documented I see no problem with it.

Would you use the same pattern on Pro Lane as you would on Wood or HPL. Hell No

The difference in lane conditioning equipment between Keon Park and what was used in Russia
is also a Major Factor not to mention the difference in Conditioners. I would be guessing but I think
Keon Park would have used Brunswick Connect (All AMF Centres with sanction machines do). Russia would
have used a Product made by Qubica AMF and they also used a Summit S machine.
(The Big Lemon coloured Box at the end of the lane on the telecast).

Patterns need to be tweaked to individual centres. Always have and always will
2 different centres 2 different results even with the same machine.
As long as the process is documented I see no problem with it.

I think the issue is that it possibly isn't. There are some centres who have laid down the pattern to the strict letter of the law without modifications and the pattern has been tougher than old boots for a variety of reasons.

The next Soccer World cup, they should allow any team who would like to play just turn up and compete, more entrants makes the Comp better, right ?
Then, award a point for attempted goal and 2 or 3 points for actually scoring, could also make the pitch shorter so it's easier to score. I know, they could make better balls so it's even easier to score points. Next they should play a number of games, say 10 games then cut the field to whoever has the higher number of points, not wins. You could give female teams extra 8 points just for turning up.
Fans will enjoy the excitement of counting points and not being subjected to competition where a winner is decided for each match. It will be much better to wait for points to be tallied and a results sheet to be distributed to see who is winning.
With all the extra points and extra teams and high scoring, along with waiting for results to be published, the event is bound to be more prestigious and bound to attract more fans... good idea ? Soccer will be a declining amateur sport in no time. I can also see many other sports eagerly lining up to change from results based matches to scoring based squads... how exciting

Sounds like AFL

With all due respect Peter, isn't it enough that the TBA have caved in to all the whingers and given them a ditch to bowl the nationals and Rachuig on without making the Masters a carry fest as well? Surely the Masters should be on a tough pattern to make the victory an earned one.
Salutations Brenton, I am mystified by, what appeared to be, the rather frank and dubious reason for your castigation of the TBA. Nevertheless, one can overlook faulty logic and see a brighter side in my answer to your question. It is not for me to find fault with, examine critically or to express judgements on the decisions made by the TBA but more exactly, it is up to me to respect their official capacity, abide by their rules, their regulations and play the game as it is intended to be played. May your shadow never be less and have a nice day. Avoir une bonne journee. Pete.

The only ones that I hear complaining about patterns are some of the seniors... More so the ones who don't want to learn how to bowl on tougher conditions.

I don't hear the juniors piping up saying "We're only learning, make it easier for us", instead they practice on these patterns and learn how to play the lanes. Funnily enough I still see juniors having fun bowling on harder conditions... Maybe it's their age, I guess they missed out on the good old days.

The only ones that I hear complaining about patterns are some of the seniors... More so the ones who don't want to learn how to bowl on tougher conditions.

All I hear are the open bowlers complaining about the easier conditions (select few)...2 way street you know....

Yes put down the tougher conditions for the juniors......that's why we are losing so many from the transition to adults maybe......

Back
Top Bottom