2009 Adult National Championships Venue Announcement

The venue for the 2009 Adult National Championships was announced at the Championship/Rachuig presentation dinner last Saturday night.
The announcement and 2009 Adult Schedule has been posted to the TBA Website (http://www.tenpin.org.au/tba_announcements_2008.htm)
In 2009 the Adult National Championships will be held at AMF Mt Gravatt Queensland.
Also on the website is a report of the 2008 Adult National Championships.
Ian Nicholls

I'm just curious on which centres actually sent tenders. I heard only half a dozen did... I guess Adelaide wasn't one of them...

It's all about money !!!!

What ever happen to the rotation basis!!

Fair or not!

Cheers

Tony

The tender process has been in place for quite some time I believe.

But anyway. On my calculations the last time Nationals/Rachuig were held in the general Brisbane vicinity was in 1998 (Gold Coast). The last time Adelaide had hosting rights was 1999...

So even under the old system of rotation, Brisbane should have got in first.

Please correct me if I have the dates wrong.

WA last hosted the Adult Nationals in 1997 and put in a bid for them this year to be held at our newest AMF centre - Joondalup...
So by Kasey's calculations, we should have been considered before QLD (which had 1998 and 2003 - and townsville is still in QLD).
According to the TBA website venues list, WA have hosted the adult nationals 4 times in 46 years. QLD has had 8 events, NSW 9 times, Tas 5 times, SA 6 times, VIC 8 times, ACT 6 times and NT 0 times.
The ATBSO and Darryl Holt came to Perth in 2007 and they did not suffer from low participation rates due to the costs of travelling to Perth. They also had a great participation rate this year in Adelaide.

Samantha

Thank you Samantha for those facts.

I realised just after posting I should have elaborated more to point out the teams that suffer the most with having to travel for Nationals... i.e. WA & NT.

And by the way yes, Townsville is obviously in QLD, but I was taking the view that with the two Qld teams (in 2003, it was North and South, not the invitational stuff), it wasn't a "home Nationals" for South Qld and therefore they hadn't had Nationals since 1998.

I am saddened to hear that a WA centre did submit a tender and didn't get the nod. Hopefully it will be there in the not too distant future. I'd love to come over there to bowl.

Cheers,

Kassey.

Back
Top Bottom