2014 Nationals

How about we have it in New Zealand.... that would be fun ;)

Don't be silly George. You keep your Nationals etc in Aussie so we can come over. You are quite welcome to come to OUR Nationals, watch TBNZ website for dates and venue, which I think is going to be Wellington.

Without knowing the other centres that put their name in the ring it's hard to make comment.

One thing is for sure there won't be a repeat of this years figures next year.

That has to be a good thing doesn't it?

Without knowing the other centres that put their name in the ring it's hard to make comment.

One thing is for sure there won't be a repeat of this years figures next year.

That has to be a good thing doesn't it?

Have always said holding it in Sydney is the most sensible place to hold it.

Is it fair, probably not. 1999 last time it was off the east coast. but we have to live with it.

I think it's worth a try in day Adelaide Or Perth but the bids have to be good enough to win the Nationals.

Then the entry numbers have to be there to warrant a return to that location in the future. If they aren't then it's a risk. Hopefully next year we can see a comparison with Sa or Wa getting a go.

People would like Nationals to be in either SA or WA for 2015? The bids will need to be good, I think last WA was my first in 97 and SA was 99?

Only someone from Perth or S.A.

This is part of the problem. Eastern seaboard cities have had the nationals for so long, that (Sydneysiders especially) don't want to have to travel (awww diddums!) and, largely, don't feel they should have to. Look at Townsville!

End rant

It is not about Sydneysiders not wanting to travel It is about where should THE event of the year be held
and In my opinion it should be in the Cities that have the numbers who will attend to support the event and
that is Melbourne Sydney and Gold Coast/ Brisbane

Biggest results for entries have been at those locations

someone saying yes on this forum isnt going to get the nationals in S.A. or W.A.

It is not about Sydneysiders not wanting to travel It is about where should THE event of the year be held
and In my opinion it should be in the Cities that have the numbers who will attend to support the event and
that is Melbourne Sydney and Gold Coast/ Brisbane

Biggest results for entries have been at those locations

Huge Australian Masters sponsorship at Rooty Hill for 2-3 years inflated entry numbers.
It's common sense to hold your Championships in an area where over 50% of the country's population lives within 800kms whether masters is worth $25,000 or $3,000 1st prize.
More entry's = more income to organizer's.

On the other hand I dont see it killing anyone holding nationals away from the east coast 1 out every 5 or 6 years. Entry's were obviously down in 2013 by holding nationals in outback Australia.

Back
Top Bottom