Bowlers "APPOINTED" for Commonwealth Championships

wchester

Bowling Tragic
An eleventh hour announcement has just been published on the TBA website and four bowlers have been "appointed' to represent Australia at the IV Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Championships in Belfast Ireland. The four bowlers are Andrew McArthur, Glen Loader, Rebecca Simpson, and Cassie Staudinger.

The Championhips will take place in just 10 days from now....looks like a last minute decision by the TBA to send bowlers...OR IS IT?

Glen Loader pulled out of the Emerson Shield finals a couple of weeks ago (held on the same days as the event in Belfast) so he must have known of his "appointment' awhile ago....so why the late announcement..and whatever happened to the usual selection process?

A big congratulations to the 4 bowlers selected. You will all do your country proud.

A big raspberry to those (one so far) who want to make political mileage out of your hard work.

I have no hidden agendas....my aim is to have each and every bowler treated fairly and equally. My purpose is not to shame, but to enlighten. If we never question those who are in power, we're domed to live a life of mediocrity. This is true in politics and bowling.

To the four bowlers who are travelling to Belfast..Congratulations and bowl well!

TBA decided to send a team to this event with about the same amount of time given to the other teams that have been selected to compete this year, and so have known for a couple of weeks. The team was selected the same way that it was selected for the previous competition - and that is based on final rankings from the previous year. Understandably, some bowlers were unable to accept their respective position within the team, and as such the bowlers selected were the highest ranked bowlers possible that were available.

The team leave in about a week - i wish them the best of luck and encourage everyone to give their full support

Keep an eye out at - http://www.ctbc2008.com/

Four fantastic reps.
Congratulations on your selections and all the best in Belfast. I know you will do us all proud

A huge congrats to the 4 bowlers who were selected especially Bec.
TBA has selected a great team to represent Australia and I'm sure they will do us proud.

Good luck

I remember them saying in the opening ceremony of Rachuig that Andrew and Rebecca were representing Australia in this tournament.

Good luck to all and kick some Commonwealth arse.

The bowlers in question have known prior to the Adult Nationals and it has not been a secret with John Coxon wishing Andrew McArthur and Bec Simpson well on many occasions at the Nationals. With Andrew bowling back to back 300s in league last night it is a timely event for him. All bowlers will represent Australia proudly knowing that in particular for Bec, Andrew and Cheryl they have been madly fundraising the $5,750 each that it is costing them to represent their country. We wish them good bowling and enjoy the moment.

June

We wish all 4 bowlers our best, and an extra special good luck to Glen Loader who has a special place in our hearts (being a very loyal Werribee Superbowl supporter) and is such a great ambasador to junior bowlers at Werribee.

Good Luck and "hit 'dem pins"

Edi

Back
Top Bottom