2010 Commonwealth Games Submission

Greig

Don't hold back!!
Have a look at the video submission for the 2010 Commonwealth Games added today on the TBA website.

(Look under "Whats new" and follow the links)

It would have to be the best promotional video for bowling I've every seen.

It runs for just over 6 minutes and it is absolutely brilliant.

Lets just hope it gets the job done and we see bowling back in the Commonwealth Games in 2010.

That was really good and if ten-pin bowling doesnt make it back to the Commonwealth games i dont know what they are thinking.

A great job by Alex Popov and the TBA. A professional presentation we can all be proud of! My only criticism of the video is that the inclusion professional bowlers into the Games is a long shot. And when you consider that the USA is NOT part of the Commonwealth, why even show the US Pros in this presentation?

Wayne, I don't think the inclusion of the professionals was to attempt to enable them to be allowed to bowl in the event. But rather to show the excitement and the huge possibilities that you have with a bowling telecast. They were used to demonstrate how big the sport is, and it's serious ability to be aired on television with drama, tension and excitement.
Although, it would be interesting if any of the Pro's ont he JPBA would be allowed to compete for their respective countries should tenpin bowing make the 2010 Commonwealth Games.

Later Da Cowman!

the excitment factor of tenpin bowling? I think thats the point they were trying to get across.

EDIT: Dammit Cowman, beat me to it

The presentation looks prime!! Lack of lanes and bowling facilities could be the only thing holding it back but otherwise here's hoping.

i was watching a show on soccer today and they said for the olympic games professionals are allowed to play but just are not allowed to be paid for playing and are not allowed to be susbstituted in wage from their professional dutie
maybe this is the same for commonwealth games

Can someone tell me why, with some if not the best bowlers in the Commonwealth, Australia did not push for the inclusion of Ten Pin Bowling in the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne AUSTRALIA?????? :rolleyes: Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the hosting country get a pick of a sport???

Would have seemed to me a perfect opportunity to showcase some fantastic talent.

Just a question, remember I'm new :D

Gary

From what i know we did put in for Tenpin bowling but go knocked back and Mountain Got instead of Tenpin Bowling don't worry i wasn't happy when i heard that either but hopefully it will be in by 2010 but all we can do is hope.
Chris

I'm really really sorry but could some one please just give me the link caus ei can not find it.....it is probably just looking me straight in the face but yeh..:(

In the meantime, there's always the Tenpin Commonwealth Games to be held at Oztenpin Altona half way through 2006.

Would be good to see what the talent is like from the commonwealth nations that will be competing in it at Oztenpin Altona but do we have any idea who is in the Australian Team if it's the winners of the National Rankings if so that would be for the guys George for the Adults and Glen for Youth and would be Ann-Maree Putney for the ladies and Tracey Madden for youth ladies.

Our national teams are usually selected from bowlers who make up the respective national training squad teams. TBA have just called for nominations for this years Adult and Youth NTS, (closing 27/01/06).

Back
Top Bottom