2009 World Masters Games

CHIN

I have been bowling the Australian Masters Games this week in Adelaide.
There has been some discussion this week over the fact that their is no Tenpin Bowling in the 2009 World Masters Games in Sydney.

The word around the bowl from officials and some NSW bowlers I have spoken to over the last couple of days (who have said the locals in Sydney are fuming) is that TBA did not put in a submission to be a part of the Games.

Could somebody from TBA please explain who's job if not the national body of a sporting association it is to apply to be a part of a World Sporting Event held in Australia.

ROB
Tenpin Bowling also missed out last time the World Masters was held in Australia. I am led to believe that the reason we missed out that time was also due to the State and National body failed in their duties to promote the Sport.I discussed the matter with Shane O'Leary, Masters Games CEO but it was too late to do anything about it.
I did see in this forum some time ago a post from Bernie Dorkson asking the question why Tenpin had not been included this time. One would have thought that the TBA, State Body and/or an enterprising Centre would have pursued the inclusion of Tenpins.
Having attended 2 World Masters Games (Portland & Qld) iI must say that they a great events, I still get emails from competitors I met in Portland and they can't understand why Bowling missed out again.
KJ

Sorry Keith, looked back through the site. Didnt see any ealier post.
With all the questions being asked of TBA lately like what people actually get for there registration, its pretty obvious its not much.

I have been bowling the Australian Masters Games this week in Adelaide.
There has been some discussion this week over the fact that their is no Tenpin Bowling in the 2009 World Masters Games in Sydney.
The word around the bowl from officials and some NSW bowlers I have spoken to over the last couple of days (who have said the locals in Sydney are fuming) is that TBA did not put in a submission to be a part of the Games.
Could somebody from TBA please explain who's job if not the national body of a sporting association it is to apply to be a part of a World Sporting Event held in Australia.

Answer is simple, Bowling in NSW is dead, unless for the likes of Steve cowand and others tring to get it back into swing, something needs to be done and soon

Why are we (the bowlers) putting up with the National or State Bodies if they can not even do a little thing like making sure bowling is included in the World masters Games in Sydney. :mad:Surely with our CEO travelling all over the world, this event would have been a priority to be included and I am sure AMF would have jumped at having one of their centres run this event in Sydney.Especially at their NEW 38 lane centre.:cool:

The State Offices could hardly tender for major events Joe. That would involve communication with the National office, and as we all know...
....Never mind.

One would have thought that if Tenpin is to be an Olympic sport
( I guess that this is still on the FIQ Agenda ???)
that ALL National Bodies would be require to seek inclusion in all forms of International / World Sporting events including the World Masters Games.??? EXPOSURE EXPOSURE EXPOSURE !!!!! AT ALL LEVELS....
KJ

having worked at the pan pacific masters on the gold coast last november i raised the question with the promotors about tenpin at the world masters games in sydney and was told that all sports were put to a ballet and they had to be team orientated, be able to pull a crowd and be played around the world.( is somebody missing something here)

Still waiting. Im sure everybody involved in TBA is not overseas.

Back
Top Bottom