2009 SA Seniors Classic

Hello all,

Not long to go, getting excited getting all the final touches done!

I have had a few queries on what the oil pattern will be and when we will announce this. We will announce this on Wednesday afternoon (15/7) so you all have plenty of time to organise your gear.

I look forward to seeing everyone soon and I will be in touch shortly about the pattern.

Kind Regards,

Stephen Rawson
CENTRE MANAGER & TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR
AMF VILLAGE BOWL

Just been advised by Steve, Manager Village Bowl what the pattern will be for the classic.

Good morning Tony and Ronda,

We will be going with this for the Classic, looks challenging and fair,

If you can post this in the appropriate places for our bowlers,

Kegel Challenge Series - BROADWAY - 4537 (50 uL), Kegel Team

PATTERN INFOPATTERN GRAPHS & RATIOSPATTERN LOAD DATADOWNLOAD PATTERN FILES

GENERAL INFO

DISTANCE:

TOTAL OIL (mL):

NOTES:
BROADWAY - 4537 This 37 foot pattern is named after the wide open street in Manhattan called BROADWAY, which ironically originates at a park called Bowling Green. BROADWAY was originally translated from the Dutch name of 'Breede weg' because of its location in New Amsterdam. Because of the medium short length of this pattern and light volume of conditioner towards the outside portion of the lane, players can arrive to the pocket on the BROADWAY from multiple directions.

FORWARD DISTANCE:

REVERSE DISTANCE:

OIL x BOARD:

MACHINE, CONDITIONER, LANE:
, ,

Thanks,

Stephen Rawson

Centre Manager

AMF Village Bowl Golden Grove

The Golden Way

Golden Grove

SA 5125

P: 08 8289 3001

F: 08 8289 2466

M: 041 123 85 82

hi all

here is the pattern for you`s

Attachments

• Kegel Challenge Series BROADWAY 4537 50 uL.pdf
    342.2 KB · Views: 46
Because of the medium short length of this pattern and light volume of conditioner towards the outside portion of the lane, players can arrive to the pocket on the BROADWAY from multiple directions.

Rubbish!!!

Oh well, hopefully it will be the same on both days unlike sydney were we bowled in 2 different houses from one day to the other.

In 2008, there were 26 Senior Men and 11 Senior Women who bowled in heaps of Senior Events. Continual 'discussion' about lane conditions, prize funds etc. have not helped in Open Events as there were only 13 Open Men/7Open Women who bowled in 6 or more Ranked tournaments. Hopefully, the Seniors will not end up going down this track.

Perhaps, those involved in running tournaments should look at those National/State events that have proved tried and true over the years. Local participation is essential so that aspect should not be overlooked in planning for the future.

Positive vibes help, sponsorship, friendly centres and better prize funds help, so let the seniors work to keep up the 'friendly' competition between those of us who are still competing because we love the game. A couple of posts in the National Ranked Tournaments/Mackay Open forum echoes my sentiments. I make no apologies for intruding on this forum but the sooner lane patterns are NOT posted in advance, the better.

Flower

Hey Tony

When has a tournament not played different on the second day, or for that matter, the second squad.

Susanne
:surrender::surrender::surrender:

As quoted by Mary
I make no apologies for intruding on this forum but the sooner lane patterns are NOT posted in advance, the better.

There are a few Mary that still care what conditions are put down, and would like to know which equipment to bring to a tournament, and while this DOESN'T affect you it helps the few of us who have to pay for excess Kilo's on flights, know what might be good for a tournament.

As far as your sediments on tournaments what should happen and be, I agree, I come from the era of big tournament numbers, good friendly competition.

I know from bowling this year officially as a oldy, I can see that easy but fair conditions is what they want and to just have fun.
Me too but I like to bowl well as well.

Susanne, most of the tournaments this year both days have been reasonably close with the exception of sydney and canberra.

thanks

Tony

Hi,

In regards to any questions or issues reguarding the tournament, anyone is more than welcome to discuss matters personally with me, and i am more than happy to answer any issues you may have.

Kind Regards,

Stephen Rawson
CENTRE MANAGER
(TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR)
AMF VILLAGE BOWL
08 82893001

I haven't been here of late, but am glad I haven't also been in the firing line for discussions, however this may change now with this post.
This "Broadway" pattern, who cares if it is named after a street, who cares if it has a park called bowling green in it, what we do care about is what will happen on the lanes.
This pattern has been tried in a few states with good levels of frustration all around, at our level it is a failure, and even if you want to stick your head into the sand and say you can reach the pocket from multiple angles it just takes execution, obviously hasn't been around the seniors circuit for very long. and doesn't know what the seniors want or are capable of.
There are no more crankers in senior level...age has weeded them out, this seems the best way of scoring on this pattern, you can get to the pocket and then get frustrated with an abundance of splits that should just not heppen.
With the adult circuit almost extinct, numbers dwindling like dinosaurs in an ice age, the same people are, defending the same reasoning that caused its demise..... if you put a pattern down that is going to super challenge the bowlers and they don't end up with a good experience, they won't come back, the adult circuit was destroyed by this and now if this type of mentality creeps in with the seniors, it also will start to splinter, if we are not careful.
If this pattern was posted before I booked airfares and accomodation, I would not be going, sorry but the success of this pattern is non-existent, has no credentials in the tournaments that has been laid of late.
The oil pattern in Canberra was a shocker from guys who did not know, the oil pattern in Sydney was reasonably good I felt, but what it boils down to is the senior circuit must be controlled by seniors who have the seniors as a whole, at heart, not just a selected few who want to set something down that will challenge them, haven't we been challenged enough with Rachuig, Adult tournaments etc, now is the time, not to have an "easy" pattern, but one where we can enjoy our bowling, have a good experience, a little fun as well as competition, and go away feeling good about our community, not setting stuff down which is going to cause friction and anomosity with each other.
To state anyone can discuss issues personally with the manager is fruitless, will the condition change on the day after discussions with him, no of course not, this forum is exactly where the discussions should take place, and the good thing is you will get an almost immediate feel for whether it is going the right way or not.
Those new to the seniors circuit should probably experience our culture and what we are about first, as we operate best with concensus and coming to an agreement, not having something jammed at us after we have booked and paid everything, feels like we have been scammed, sorry but the way I feel. Just put down a good house pattern like other years.
We had this pattern in our masters and only one bowler was over the card, even he was as frustrated as the rest of us.
What has happened in Sydney, I think it was laid down 2 or 3 weeks ago? how did that go.
Anyway I have paid for everything so I will be there and the proof will be in the results, I am hoping this tournament will be a success, as in previous years, I am hoping we are wrong with anticipating the outcome.

Paul "I want it easy" Terry , all you had to say instead of giving me a novel to read is you would prefer a house ditch to bowl on, which will make every-one happy.....including me :).

I also assume since there probably putting this pattern down for the ATBSO nationals, you have already canceled your flight s for September (you still have plenty of time to do so).

O.K. if this what every one wants then please people speak now, so the Manager Steve who reads this might be able to put down his house ditch. Remember I have no control what happens here as I am only the messenger or communicator for putting the squad listings on total bowling. Steve is not back to work until Monday, so speak on here now if you want it changed and off course it's also up to him.

Cheers

Tony

The pattern was used for 2009 NSW Open, and it was appreciated by the most bowler, and the winner of NSW Open is a straight player. With my experiences, the pattern was not too difficulty and not too easy, it a right pattern for our senior national tournaments.

Cheers,
JP

The mens division of the NSW Open was won by Dale Fitzgerald who is by no means a straight bowler. He is a stroker and bowled for most of the tournament down 5 board. The ladies winner Bianca Flanagan out averaged all bowlers and was playing down 3 board and I believe Bianca would be offended to be called "a straight bowler".

Tony, Paul Terry is quite capable of bowling on the pattern, scoring a 212 average for 3rd place last year in Adelaide. If I remember correctly the pattern was "beaten path" which has a 4:1 ratio or there abouts.

The ladies definately suffered with no bowlers over 200 which included Jeanette.

The problem is, there will be no circuit if you continue to make it unenjoyable for the bowlers that do not have the experience, execution and skill such as Brenton and perhaps yourself. These are the people who supply the prize fund as well as the people who make it enjoyable to go away and they consist of 70% of the bowlers.

If you need a challenging condition stay in the Open Division because they certainly need the numbers, although - it is harder to take out the money in that division.

I am happy to bowl on this condition although I have never scored well on 3 & 4:1 ratios and found that when the TBA insisted on these conditions for all their ranked tournaments a few years ago bowlers stopped returning creating the shortage of lower averaged bowler numbers that we see today. A house condition is certainly not the answer and there are other options.

After making the ATBSO Challenge and then hearing that they were setting the Broadway pattern I too am not looking forward to the Challenge but I will be there, no matter what, as I will with Adelaide

Tony "I no longer want tournaments to exist" Stoppel, you need to appreciate the 70% of bowlers that come along to bowl for the sheer enjoyment of the sport they have chosen. Make the conditions too hard and they will not come back.

That being said, I believe, these same bowlers want a challenging condition but there is a large gap in experience between the top and bottom of the ladder - and what you call challenging, is absolutely impossible for others.

I'm sure you will come up with a snappy reply and I would expect no less.

See you in Adelaide

Susanne

Of course, I've dealt with your sort for over 30 years..........

Tony "I no longer want tournaments to exist" Stoppel, you need to appreciate the 70% of bowlers that come along to bowl for the sheer enjoyment of the sport they have chosen. Make the conditions too hard and they will not come back.

You people , I understand you are old and can't read post's correctly..........I am only the messenger here and have "JACK" to do with the decision on patterns. I don't care what patterns are laid anywhere around the country, I will bowl no matter what. Hell make them easy or hard, I don't care, never have!!
I hope they do lay enjoyable patterns patterns because I will guarantee you I will do well with little effort!!!

I hope you are following me here.........and not writing too fast for you!!

The problem is, there will be no circuit if you continue to make it enjoyably for the bowlers that do not have the experience, execution and skill such as Brenton and perhaps yourself

I loved you used the word "Perhaps" there and put me in that category.........Gee thanks.

As a former TD of the ATBA of SA running tournament like SA Cup and others knowing the times of higher number of participants and trying to keep everyone happy, I'm all for that. These days I just am trying to enjoy my bowling without the politics (I know that's going to hard), but still give everyone a run for there money as well, while my highly tune body will allow me :)

I also understand that most of you will feel have shooting a 200 ave (yet still being 40 pins a game behind the leader) because that's what makes it enjoyable, at least bowling well yourself with scores that really can make you feel good!!

Have a nice day !!

Cheers

Tony

Tony "I no longer want tournaments to exist",

""Of course, I've dealt with your sort for over 30 years""

WHAT SORT, what do you mean ??

If you are meaning someone who puts up money for tournaments and sponsors players, I think you need to take a step back.
I think your comment are just plain rude and arrogant.
If you dont want to get involved in politics (yes, that will be hard for you), keep your opinions to your self, there is no need to get personal.

Have a nice day !!

Cheers

Brenda

Again, another one who doesn't read posts........

I feel the same way about people who say.........

There the people I'm talking about here...!!!

If you are meaning someone who puts up money for tournaments and sponsors players,

Don't put words into my mouth, no said anything about that except you, speculating!

I think your comment are just plain rude and arrogant

Not trying to be or do that.........

But I will say, one constant in this Universe is the the truth always hurts and hard to accept!

Anyway back on track...........

I have found that the comments on conditions or patterns so far has only ever come from a couple of people, Would be nice to hear from the other 99 % of people.

But again you people have got me wrong, and I'll take my frustration out on the lanes..........and it will be , catch me if you can!!

Have a nice day

Tony

Tony

When reading posts, I suggest you take it into consideration that sometimes the written word does not translate well it is easy to take things in the wrong context.

On my side, your post was offensive to me as well as to the many other bowlers who bowl seniors and obviously you still don't get it - its not about you, or me for the matter. Is it too difficult for you to consider that someone else may have an opinion.

"People like me" - love the sport of bowling and I am fortunate enough to be able to "waste" my money on it. It is people like you who destroy it with your attitude "my way or the highway"

As for only being the messenger and have "JACK" to do with the decisions - after ACT announced the pattern for the Challenge you answered a post by JP as follows:

JP,

I have ask the question to see if they could use this pattern for the classic.

I think it would be good for all if they could use this.

Cheers

Tony

I hope you too have a nice day!!!!

Susanne
:surrender:

It was only a suggestion but going by the emails I got from the Manager the decision comes only from him and his committee.

But gee, wouldn't that have been nice to put that pattern down and see what people really think, so they could convey there non-approval or approval to Canberra for the nationals.

And as far as translations going on posts go, many a time my wording has come across a bit harsh, don't really mean it, don't take it heart.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom