2009 SA Seniors Classic

I tried to get my neice to change the wedding date, but she wouldn't.
Something to do with her man's family coming over from Scotland.
Very inconsiderate I thought.
Such is life...............

Good Afternoon All.

First of all I have appriciated all the feedback I have received from everyone, and I am one of those people who value and listen to people's opinions. I personally want this tournament to be a huge success, with happy bowlers enjoying the company, competition and facilities my team is offering. I am well aware that the broadway condition was going to be hard, but did make the original decision to play it for the upcoming experince in Canberra. But one thing we also have to consider is that the SA Seniors Classic is it's own event, and I want everyone to have a fantastic time. Therefore I have made the decision to change the pattern. This new pattern as you will see has a very similar oil content, but has been modified for more area and an easier shot on the day. I wouldn't be making this decision if it wasn't right for the bowlers. I know making the change is a big decision, but i am 100% confident it is the right move for all of you bowlers. To give you the most of you time here with still a fair condition, but one that will give a little more margin for error and will add to a greater spectacle on the weekend.
I would like to thank everyone for their input, and please understand this decision was made for a better tournament for you all, this will make for higher scoring. I hope you can appriciate that we listened to what you guys wanted and have followed through for you, I can't wait to see you all in a few days!

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Rawson
Tournament Director and Centre Manager
AMF VILLAGE BOWL

Attachments

• Final 2009 SA Seniors Classic Lane Condition.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 57
Update 22nd July.

Adding Alan Smith into "B" Squad.

A SQUAD

1 Tony Stoppel
2 Mary Blackmore
3 Kevin Blackmore
4 Frank Bell
5 Ingrid Coburn
6 Peter Coburn
7 Lawrie Hill
8 Susanne Jack
9 Jeanette Baker
10 Rob Zikman
11 Brien Show-Yin
12 Pamela Klyne
13 Bob Whybrow
14 Geoff Barry
15 Brenton Davy
16 Kaye Talbot
17 Roy Andrew
18 Paul Terry
19 Alvin Frost
20 Brenda Kirkwood
21 Robyn Flynn
22 Barb Richmond
23 Kristine Webster
24 Alan McKay
25 Frosty Gorostiaga
26 John Romanelli
27 Tony Long
28 Glenn Lennell
29 Jeff Elliott
30 Helen Pellegrini
31 Jill Morris
32 Peter Wood
33 Paul Francis
34 Janet Pratt
35 Ian Fraser

B SQUAD

1 JP Li
2 Alan Przybysz
3 Julie Hird
4 Sarah Knowland
5 Gary Bernardin
6 Vaughan White
7 Bill Johnson
8 Di Stephenson
9 Barry Wicks
10 Judy Lillie
11 Ed Roughley
12 Les Harrison
13 John Sullivan
14 Steve Bell
15 Andrew Campbell
16 Ross Elliott
17 Chris Benson
18 Mick May
19 Peter Schoessow
20 Lindsay Paterson
21 Jim Wolf
22 Alain Cossardeaux
23 Fred Housham
24 Les Hobbs
25 Shirley Vreugdenburg
26 Geoff Ott
27 Graham Russell
28 Val Porteous
29 Allan Smith

cheers

Tony

Thanks Steve - you can do more than listen and respond accordingly. The problem now is you have made it difficult for me to blame the conditions for my scores. I guess that hasn't stopped me in the past - why worry now?

See you all Saturday.

Cheers

i think i should get a 500 pin exemption for travelling from another country (townsville) looking foward to catching up with everyone and if anyone can get in touch with kevin hardon oops harding and bucket jeffries i would appreciate it ps as long as the lefties struggle ill be happy sorry tony and brenton lol. otty

Good on ya Otty,

An experience player like yourself who I use to look up to, you should be giving me a head start. I will email Bucket of your arrival, he's knows how to get in touch with Kevin.
My Body hasn't been nice to me lately, kidney stones, minor (hopefully) heart problems (Yes I do have one) ,back problems (seeing the chiro on friday), I am doing some training this week Wed,thurs,fri at McDonlad hopefully will help :).
I too am looking forward tocatching up with you all, including Mr Paul "Suki Lar Lar" Terry
plus others, no that I'm old enough to bowl!!

cheers

Tony

P.S. MR. LENELL , I'm sure you will do fine, especially with a little coaching from your lovely wife !!

Paul "can carry " Terry, dont take any notice of the fella with the heart problem (trying to find it) kidney stone and the back problems - toughen up Princess...lol

I haven't been here of late, but am glad I haven't also been in the firing line for discussions, however this may change now with this post.
This "Broadway" pattern, who cares if it is named after a street, who cares if it has a park called bowling green in it, what we do care about is what will happen on the lanes.
This pattern has been tried in a few states with good levels of frustration all around, at our level it is a failure, and even if you want to stick your head into the sand and say you can reach the pocket from multiple angles it just takes execution, obviously hasn't been around the seniors circuit for very long. and doesn't know what the seniors want or are capable of.
There are no more crankers in senior level...age has weeded them out, this seems the best way of scoring on this pattern, you can get to the pocket and then get frustrated with an abundance of splits that should just not heppen.
With the adult circuit almost extinct, numbers dwindling like dinosaurs in an ice age, the same people are, defending the same reasoning that caused its demise..... if you put a pattern down that is going to super challenge the bowlers and they don't end up with a good experience, they won't come back, the adult circuit was destroyed by this and now if this type of mentality creeps in with the seniors, it also will start to splinter, if we are not careful.
If this pattern was posted before I booked airfares and accomodation, I would not be going, sorry but the success of this pattern is non-existent, has no credentials in the tournaments that has been laid of late.
The oil pattern in Canberra was a shocker from guys who did not know, the oil pattern in Sydney was reasonably good I felt, but what it boils down to is the senior circuit must be controlled by seniors who have the seniors as a whole, at heart, not just a selected few who want to set something down that will challenge them, haven't we been challenged enough with Rachuig, Adult tournaments etc, now is the time, not to have an "easy" pattern, but one where we can enjoy our bowling, have a good experience, a little fun as well as competition, and go away feeling good about our community, not setting stuff down which is going to cause friction and anomosity with each other.
To state anyone can discuss issues personally with the manager is fruitless, will the condition change on the day after discussions with him, no of course not, this forum is exactly where the discussions should take place, and the good thing is you will get an almost immediate feel for whether it is going the right way or not.
Those new to the seniors circuit should probably experience our culture and what we are about first, as we operate best with concensus and coming to an agreement, not having something jammed at us after we have booked and paid everything, feels like we have been scammed, sorry but the way I feel. Just put down a good house pattern like other years.
We had this pattern in our masters and only one bowler was over the card, even he was as frustrated as the rest of us.
What has happened in Sydney, I think it was laid down 2 or 3 weeks ago? how did that go.
Anyway I have paid for everything so I will be there and the proof will be in the results, I am hoping this tournament will be a success, as in previous years, I am hoping we are wrong with anticipating the outcome.

There is such thing as a telephone you know.

Stephen is a very accomodating manager as has been shown and, given some of the vitriol that has been posted on here, has been remarkably tolerant and considerate in making the decision that he has. I trust those who have voiced their opinions on here and personally will thank him on the weekend for his consideration and tolerance.

You betcha, I have found Steve to be one of the nicer guys of the trade.

Always listens, always willing to help, and always willing to please..........to a point of course.

cheers

Tony

P.S. Thanks for your comment Mr Tony "Mr Average " Long.

Your welcome Tone.. and to you Steve Rawson one of the nicest managers AMF has ever produced, l thank you for you patience and cooperation on the matter of the oiling pattern.... will see you on the weekend and might even buy you a drink.... only if you are allowed.... thanks again Steve .... cheers Tony Long

Back
Top Bottom