2008 S.A. Seniors Classic

Congrats to both Chris Benson and Jeanette Baker on their respective wins on another cold weekend in Adelaide......

Thank you too, to the cafe staff for the great service they provided, and also to the ATBSOSA ladies and their fabulous cakes.......;)

Congratulations to Chris and Jeanette, it was well deserved.
I tried to chase Chris down, especially when ever young Tony set the Pace early, and coming into the last block Chris, Barry and myself knew 30 or so pins wasn't going to be a big enough buffer, especially at that time of the day after 7 games when you could attack the pins a little more.
It was good to see chris rise to the challenge with a 258 against my 256 and Barry's 237 in the last game, and good for competition, What happened to that effervescent Tony Long??? I think Sue wore him out after he took her out to dinner saturday night...that's the rumour...
I had a few people ask me about my Black Widow Bite as I seemed to be the only one who could get it working on those lanes, my bite gave me games of 279 (in practice) 256, 266 and a couple of 220 pluses...Hammer balls have really given me a lot of confidence because of their consistency and adaptability, and straight down 7 or 8 board with a bit of up the back of the ball stuff it came up lovely and hit harder than anything else I was looking at...so what were the problems others had?
Also Tony fantastic job with the scores and the sarcastic commentary at times...it was good, the cakes really added back what I had tried to lose over the last 2 weeks, but well worth it...yum yum...banana and caramel tarts....
I thought the whole thing went off and was run very well...maybe a little too much oil for most as the lanes didnt really open up so you could open your shoulders, but plenty of good scores if you were accurate....cheers guys good job well done.

Back
Top Bottom