2007 Youth Champion of Champions

It's not about the who is sponsoring this event, it is about all the youth kids who have to travel that like all of us, want to see some sort of payout, to see if it is worthwhile for them to pay the money for flights, accom entry etc, these youth bowlers got slapped in the face the last time this lady run a youth tournament at Mt Gravatt, they don't need it to happen to them again, and I can see why they are asking all the questions, so it isn't about ringing Greg, it is about Sue giving these youth bowlers some answering, or she will kill the Youth champion of champions, if she hasn't already.

All i could find out was that the new dates are right in November 17 and 18. and it's been accredited and apparently the flyers are out, so Im guessing only Sue would know kell, in which they arn't answering the people so not off to a good start.

No disrespect to Sue personally, but I think it would be in the best interest of this tournament, bowlers and sponsors if someone else took over the Champion of Champions. Yes she was the TD at the MtGravatt Cup earlier this year and the tournament turned out to be a complete farce. It's not good for the sport. The way this tournament is being handled and the way the MtGravatt Cup was run, is having a huge negative effect on the reputation of youth tournaments and the tournament scene in general in Queensland. The bowlers and sponsors deserves better. AMF Brisbane needs to pick up their act

Hello Everyone
My apologies for the silence but as the saying goes 'no news is good news'.
Entry forms should be in your centres by end of September and I will post the PDF soon.
Qualifying: Sat Nov 17
Squad A: Checkin 12.30pm Bowl 1pm 10 games
Squad B: Checkin 5.30pm Bowl 6pm 10 games
Final: Sun Nov 18
Checkin 8.30am Bowl 9am
Top 12 Males & Females - Matchplay final with a positional round
Cost: $190
Prize Pool $8890 based on 60 entries
Hope this clarifies things for you all and that you will be able to support this event in 2007.
Regards,
Sue

as the saying goes 'no news is good news'.

No, not when there is stuff to organise. No news is the worst thing you can do. If you had kept us updated and started taking entries weeks ago, you might have already been halfway or so to your needed amount.

Look forward to seeing the entry form...

Later Da Cowman!

Thats true Leanne, but your entry forms were out well in advance. This tournament has been left to the last minute and as a result, the turn out probably wont be so great. It's a shame because Sharp was always one of the great tournaments to bowl in QLD.

After the way MT Gravatt was this year, I would be suprised if many of the inter state bowlers come up for it.

The difference is Leanne, Sydney Youth was the most professionally run youth tournaments I have bowled in over the last couple of years. Your entry forms were out well before the event (and by well before I mean a lot longer than 2 months). Last year's Sharp Champion of Champions had 55 so I think it's safe to say that this year the chances of topping that are not very high. I will be bowling it again this year, but that's because I live here..if I had to travel interstate, I would have ruled it out a long time ago. Now basing the prize pool on 60 entries is going to turn more of those interstate bowlers away who might have still been considering coming up. Don't get me wrong, I hope they do come up, I hope miraculously somehow 60 bowlers do show up...what no one wants is a repeat of Mt Gravatt though.

Leanne, please note a bit of sarcasm in that last post.

But, like others have said, your tournament was very professional, and with the likes of Marc and others really pushing the event for numbers, it was a success.

Matt

I hope people do come up and bowl this event. Greg and Colleen Sharp have sponsored this great event for a number of years now. They've done a lot for the sport and it would be great if bowlers can support this event no matter who the TD is. It's unfortunate we are stuck with Sue Long (no offense) but it's a bowling tournament not politics

can you please put

Bianca Flanagan
Stephen Cowland
Cassie Staudinger
David Porto

in A squad please

Thanks

Tim Reichel for A squad please.

Thanks

PS I think you'll find it's not all Sue's fault - I'm pretty sure AMF Brisbane would have something to do with it all, particularly where pizefunds are concerned...! (eg Mt Gravatt Youth Cup)...

Back
Top Bottom