2007 Youth Champion of Champions

After further consultation with a number of sources, we have no choice but to change the dates for the 2007 Champion of Champions.
The new dates will be November 17 and 18.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to assure the bowlers there will be no further changes to this event.
Greenslopes Management

May I ask what was wrong with the original dates? We organised our calendar of events around the national calendar and have a full junior/youth teams tournament on the same dates 17th/18th Nov.

Just wondering who the tournament director will be? And when will entry forms come out?

what a stupid idea?

no problem for me, i live 40 minutes away.

but what about those people that booked flights etc.

dont be suprised if barely anyone turns up.

Well missy89 you have put it on the money i was putting my down few weeks ago but then decided not as the tournament dates have changed and since starting a new job it makes it harder for me now just going to queensland for weekend to chill out and relax instead of bowling.

Same concept here. I have planned a junior/youth tournament at my centre on the same date because it was free on the calender. Now being a youth bowler myself I would normally bowl in the champion of champions but now cant because I have prior comitments to a tournament that I am tournament director of and also participating in.
I also ask a simple question over a week ago as to why the dates were changed and still no reply.

Tournament Director is Sue Long, entry forms will be posted as soon as possible. I will post again tomorrow after I have spoken to her, as for dates on when entry forms can be expected.

Without info soon, there will be no one turning up.
Flights and accomodation need to be arranged and booked. Many Youth Bowlers need to organise time off work and may need speical consideration for any one with University Exams in that time period. We need to when we can book flights without interfering with any work or university commitments! We want to bowl, and we want to support your event. But we need your help!!!!
Please get your act together!

Later Da Cowman!

Its likely that I wont be able to attend. The longer you leave these things, the harder it is for us to oranise flights, accommodation etc. For me to fly from Adelaide to Brisbane isnt cheap on the best of days, let alone a week before a comp. Chances are because we havent heard anything about this comp, people wont be interested, and the few that do go will probably be ripped off when the prize fund gets changed due to lack of entries.

Like Cow said, get your act together.

Matt

I think it is rude that they can't answer any of the bowlers questions, I mean they were online last night having a read of this thread.

All I have seen for this is that it’s been added on the calendar for the 17th and 18th of November 2007...:confused:

Other than that I have seen no other Action…Kellie and I will try and find something out for you …;)

I have rung Greg Sharp and as always Sharp Ply Wood will be sponsoring the event again. Any further information I would contact the Centre Manager and ask them as they should have all the information that you guys would need. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom