10K First Prize. Anyone Interested?

Are you interested in Attending the Sunraysia Tenpin Cup?

• Total voters
These are 2 awesome guys that are putting themselfs out there to do this and also the support from there home bowl in mildura that the owners are also great people....... who cares if its not accredited it will still be great to bowl inn...... this would NEVER happen in SHEPPARTON because the OWNERS dont CARE about the bowlers anymore..........

Lebbo

Casual observer

I don't know who you are but your comments are exactly what bowling doesn't need. People like Cara are working bloody hard to raise the profile of the sport and unify all different parties into one strong body, we need to do is to work together to grow the sport not go seperate ways. Been down that path!!!

The TBA is not needed to run a great event and never has been. I believe they have been spoken to about it and the choice is now theirs if they decide to be part of it. If not then that is their choice but it wont affect the tourney.

Supporting an attempt to keep bowlers happy and create a new event is a good thing, not something the guys need idiots like you poking holes in at every turn.

C O, Steve Bell was involved in running quality tournaments 30 years ago. His opinions are worth listening to, even if they might clash with some of yours. TBA has enough on it's plate without being involved in running open tournaments. I personally would prefer it to be Accredited, but like you, I do not see it as a necessity. By the same token, it's not so much a matter of whether they want to be involved, but whether the Sunraysia Cup wants to be accredited or not.

My personal opinion is that the SA Cup no longer has a "birthright" to the Australia Day weekend as it has not run for the last 2 years. I think the last word should be that if the guys can get this up and running, it will be a good thing for tournament bowling in Australia.

Brenton, thanks for the support
Let me clarify the position, I couldn't agree more that TBA should not run these events, at NO stage did I suggest they should, these events are far better run by independant bodies as they have been for 30 years, the only point I wanted to make is that they should be accredited and put on the National calander this does not mean that TBA run them.

Brenton, thanks for the support
Let me clarify the position, I couldn't agree more that TBA should not run these events, at NO stage did I suggest they should, these events are far better run by independant bodies as they have been for 30 years, the only point I wanted to make is that they should be accredited and put on the National calander this does not mean that TBA run them.

Agreed Belly, accreditation is on the way . .

And just a quick noted guys - another generous sponsor Willandra House Boats just jumped on board today !!! Thanks guys.

PS : It is early days but people should really think about maybe getting a group together and hiring a luxury house boat for the week on the Murray River moored at the Ornamental Lakes park lands which is only 1km away from the bowl !!! Their details to follow, when check clears ;) lol. .

Agreed Belly, accreditation is on the way . .

And just a quick noted guys - another generous sponsor Willandra House Boats just jumped on board today !!! Thanks guys.

PS : It is early days but people should really think about maybe getting a group together and hiring a luxury house boat for the week on the Murray River moored at the Ornamental Lakes park lands which is only 1km away from the bowl !!! Their details to follow, when check clears ;) lol. .

What a great event.

House boat - good friends - few beers - AND a great tourney with good $$$$ - should be great.

Gary - let Deano and Ray do the talking - they are much better at it than you.

please put jeremy and jarrod hill aswell as lauren and michael johnson down. we bowl in the marathon and it would be great to bowl in another tournament in mildura

as a simple queenslander what bowling ally is this tourny at? might be worth a trip.

Rikki, the tournament is at the Sunraysia Tenpin Bowl which is situated in Mildura, Victoria. Nice country town with the Mighty Murray River right along side it. Mildura is the number 1 tourist destination in Victoria.

Deano

Its great to see strong interstate support for this event. Also guys as ive said before if you have any ideas on making it better or any questions on accomodation or just general stuff ask away either on here or PM me. Got a few meetings this week with some more potential sponsors. If anyone else wants to jump on board just PM me.

Cheers

Deano

More good news guys, Quest Apartments are now on board as well with a heap of discounted accommodation so there details and exactly what they will be offering will be made available when we are ready to start taking entries . . :) . .

Just to keep people up to date. Spoke with local radio station who is apart of the Southern Cross/Macquarie Network they are also jumping on board with advertising of the tournament local and also on the Star FM and Sun FM websites which cover most of Australia. Also the week leading up to the event they are keen to some bowler interviews and also possibility of a live radio broadcast of the tournament on the final day with regular updates on the Friday and Saturday of qualifying. Its great to get so much local support for this event as well as the couple of sponsors we have from away as well. Will keep everyone updated and also this week have some important meetings with some more potential sponsors including a MAJOR SPONSOR. Thanks for everyones support and interest.

Dean McKinnon

Well guys another sponsor has jumped on board. Hammertons Jewellers in Mildura are going to donate the Sunraysia Cup. Ray was talking to Ryan the owner and he was hinting towards a nice Crystal Cup with plenty of bling. Personally knowing him myself i know he will go all out on this. Thanks Ryan.

Dean McKinnon

Back
Top Bottom