What do people think about Females getting handicaps in events?

Should Females be given pinfall handicap in Open Scratch Tournaments??

• Yes

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 76 60.3%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 28 22.2%

• Total voters
I am a female bowler and I have only been bowling for 5 years now so I am still learning alot when it comes to tournaments and the way they work. I eventually want to aspire to the like of Anne-Marie, Cara, Katie and many of the other fantastic female bowlers that Australia has produced over alot of years. If women want to compete in Open tournament then they should be prepared to bowl without handicap. If I went into an Open tournament against men I wouldn't want to recieve a handicap just because I am of the female gender. I would want to be treated like any other bowler that enters an Open tournament and if I make it to the top 3 then I would be proud of myself that I made it there on my own merit rather than with the help of handicap. That is an achievement in itself.........

That is my say.

Charliebrown:D :p :D

i have no problem with women taking a handicap, if it was offered to them and they didn't feel belittled by taking it.

give them the option of taking the handicap or not - and support them when they make that decision so they don't get alienated or made to feel guilty.

if you're a true competitor, people choosing to take a handicap would/should motivate you more to defeat them, instead of whinging and carrying on that you're disadvantaged.

thats my personal opinion

patrick said:
i have no problem with women taking a handicap, if it was offered to them and they didn't feel belittled by taking it.
give them the option of taking the handicap or not - and support them when they make that decision so they don't get alienated or made to feel guilty.
if you're a true competitor, people choosing to take a handicap would/should motivate you more to defeat them, instead of whinging and carrying on that you're disadvantaged.
thats my personal opinion
Good Point Patrick
would be an idea to try it in a tournament.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom