Lane changes at SPC, what did people think?

Chipis

People who bowled in the South Pacific Classic would know the lane changes were different in this event to most, if not, all other events. Instead of the usual, Even's to the right and Odd's to the left..... EVERYONE moved left!!! Although i am not complaining about the difference, i must say that i do prefer the usual lane changes as everyone gets to bowl with different competitors and aren't bowling with the same people every game of qualifying for the event. Just curious on other peoples opinions.....???

It's very common overseas, I see no problem with it, especially if you have a great group of 4 on your pair :D

I thought it was kinda good as you got to know the people you were bowling with a bit better than if you're just with some of them for 1 or 2 games.
With the right grouping you could end up having an awesome weekend regardless of how you bowled, but likewise with the wrong grouping it could make the weekend somewhat disappointing.
Overall i thought it was good and wouldn't mind seeing it more often in tournaments.
Brendan

Again I would have to agree, if you got a good four great if you didn't, as some certainly didn't it would make the going a little tougher. But you still have to bowl your best regardless of who you are with and what they are doing, I understand some people have issues when they draw a lower ave bowler or someone you personally have issues with as they feel it adversely afects their game.

Obviously though with such a big field it made lane changes so much smoother and easier as everyone was moving the same way , except for the eight going from one end to the other. So a lot less hasle all round.

The other good point of the lane draw as seen in C squad particularly if you have a number of top bowlers in one section of the centre it certainly gives the spectators a chance to see top bowlers in full flight without having to walk up and down the lanes all night, thus improving the atmosphere and hopefully the stature of our sport in general as sponsors and media can view possibly 12 top bowlers easily from the one vantage point.

Cheryl Bast

I actually did something similar in an ATBA event back in about 97, at the Melbourne masters we all moved 4 pairs after every block, which with 8 games qualifying you needed to do to see the whole house, until now i dont remember seeing it in any other tournament, as far as it being good or bad i've never really been fussed if we go 1,2,3 or 4 pairs, i've usually got enough stuff clogging up the scone without worrying about how 'good' a particular format is.

i did notice that a lot of the pairings seemed to be based on ability.

luck of the draw, who knows, but it was quite noticeable

i really liked it even though i got stuck with bloody george all weekend hehe, im just kidding, it was good fun and thanks to paul francis for keeping me calm and encouraging me throughout qualifying.

Back
Top Bottom