SPC CONTROVERSY

Thanks to everyone who posted on this topic...except spectater1 :)

Means a heap to a young guy like me....

See you all soon and be on the look out for some posts about the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS......

Stay cool jewel

Jason Belmonte

Jason,
I wasn't trying to put you down... I was just suggesting that it should have been handled differently, that's all.

Obviously the forum doesn't agree with me?
Or maybe the 1200 or so views that this post has had (that haven't spoken up) might agree that it should been handled differently and none of them want to say anything that will get you mad at them?

Once again, just something to consider for future bowlers and tournament directers.

If i was the tournament director in this situation, and someone had said that they are certain that the person had not fouled. That is enough for me. The score would have been changed.

This would apply whether it was Jason Belmonte or anyone else.

That's the whole point... no one WAS CERTAIN about the foul, NOT EVEN Jason (at least I can't see how he would be certain about hte shot if he fell off the shot)... so it should have been more appropriately handled by the tournament directer.

If nothing else, the directer could of made the ruling for Jason to throw the shot over again!

If someone would have notified the directer of the situation, this forum topic would have never been started. It was a contrevercial shot, and should have been more seriously considered than by just changing the score.

BELMO said:
As it happened on the second last pair in the house.... i fell off my shot... i didnt know the foul light went on...i came back and saw the foul on my score...asked if i fouled???....then Emma told me i did NOT foul... i took her word as she said i saw it....

According to this statement, someone DID see it.

Obviously you didn't realise this as you were sitting up in the stands.

I have just spoken to Tony Goodwin.

Someone sitting in the stands had approached him about it in the next game after it had happened and notified him that Jason had fouled. Tony went to see the people that were bowling on the lanes with Jason at the time. Emma Rutten said that she had seen and said that it was not a foul. The score stood as being changed.

So, spectater1, the issue was looked into on the day, and was completed to the satisfaction of the Tournament Director.

Perhaps you started this to become another fable ?

Thanks for the insite, Graham.

I pride myself on being an honest person (much like Jason probably is)... so no... I didn't start it for that reason...

I was mearly stating what I saw from the stands. Obviously I didn't see everything.

My apologies!

Back
Top Bottom