10K First Prize. Anyone Interested?

Are you interested in Attending the Sunraysia Tenpin Cup?

• Total voters
Great tournament idea, would definently be interested in bowling
And would be great to see some pba bowlers at there finest
Couldnt pick a better centre great lanes and machines running well.
Any ideas on being televised deano big prize fund could create attention
To media atleast for the last couple play offs to decide winner.
Also maybe talk to tasco on sponsorship or some sort of discount for those traveling.
Might give a bit more incentive for away bowlers to come. Is gateway sponsor already? If not maybe
Bit of give and take with them if they sponsor then organise drinks or dinner there after qualifying one of the
Days, just couple ideas hope it goes ahead and succesfull mayne even become a yearly tournament and as succesfull
As the marathon,

As dean has already posted there is still 2 positions for the 60 game
Marathon dont miss out on a great tournament with great bowlers
Check out the sunraysia 60 game marathon thread for more details.

I hope you have lodged your application for this event as ranking submission have closed for 2012. Also if the SA event goes ahead I think it will take precedence over this event given its longevity. Under the rules you can't have two ranked events on the same days.

So in other words wasting out time? SA Cup hasnt been on for ages.

If you view it as giving bowlers an option, this event will be a success Deano.
A lot of people have given you support so far in this thread, I think the prize money will be the contributing factor between decided between this and any potential event in SA.

I hope you have lodged your application for this event as ranking submission have closed for 2012. Also if the SA event goes ahead I think it will take precedence over this event given its longevity. Under the rules you can't have two ranked events on the same days.

Being it's first year the Mildura event will not be a ranked event. The SA Cup if it goes ahead also will not be ranked, as you statted it is to late.

As for precedence beause of longevity, The SA Cup was not run last year & correct me if I am wrong but struggled for numbers in its final years, so I fail to see your point, if it struggled two years ago I think it may still struggle. JMO.

Dean and Ray are working their collective butts of to get the Mildura event happening. Also I should point out, they have done this independantly, not in conjunction with the Centre. All I have been asked is for a lineage quote and if the centre is available to them on that weekend........which it is.

Good on them for having a crack........I applaud them.

Rob

Also if the SA event goes ahead I think it will take precedence over this event given its longevity.

Even if the S.A cup is ranked let's look at it like this... If you had a choice between getting $3000 first place and ranking points or getting $10000 first place with no ranking points where would you spend your money... Given that there is also a 1:3 payout ratio would make this event more appealing to me over the S.A Cup... JMO...

Who gives a .... what other events are on the same day? Who gives a ... whether or not you get some useless ranking points? At the end of the day it is about a good tourney and neither of the points above have anything to do with that.

Whether or not I bowl, I hope this gets going and well done to Wombat and Ray for their efforts.

Even if this event is not accredited I doubt if it would suffer from lack of numbers. The Holt Carnival is one of the largest events on the National Calendar and is not accredited. It never suffers from lack of numbers.

Who gives a .... what other events are on the same day? Who gives a ... whether or not you get some useless ranking points? At the end of the day it is about a good tourney and neither of the points above have anything to do with that.

Whether or not I bowl, I hope this gets going and well done to Wombat and Ray for their efforts.

Well said CO. I think many others would go for the oppurtunity to win $10k, rather than $3k + some useless ranking points.... Not to mention, it's a lot further to travel to Adelaide, for anyone on the east coast, than it is to Mildura...

I hear all your comments, However let me say my comments were not directed at Ranking points. It is important that if we are to have an organised bowling calander in Australia that these events need to be accredited so that the date is approved. I would like to see this event become a regular event on the calander not a one off event and the date set aside for this event.

I think this sounds like a great event and looking at the prizefund based on an entry fee of $300 and 112 entries there would seem to be approx $7,500 in sponsorship put into the event.

Good luck

I hear all your comments, However let me say my comments were not directed at Ranking points. It is important that if we are to have an organised bowling calander in Australia that these events need to be accredited so that the date is approved. I would like to see this event become a regular event on the calander not a one off event and the date set aside for this event.

I think this sounds like a great event and looking at the prizefund based on an entry fee of $300 and 112 entries there would seem to be approx $7,500 in sponsorship put into the event.

Good luck

Your comments are noted, in motion and welcome. The first objective Dean and myself set out to achieve was to pick a date that didn't disadvantage or clash with any other tournaments on the calendar (to our knowledge), hence stated weekend. It is our goal to do what we can when we can as bowlers to see this sport grow and be more recognised in Australia, if that means big prize money tournaments and the hours and hours of organisation it takes to achieve that then hey so be it we're doing our part. Simply not caring about the tournament calendar would be completely unproductive to this goal so this is not how we roll :). However with all due respect to the rumoured return of the SA Cup, the Australia day weekend is our only option thus far as with the addition of the mini 6 game skins tournament on the night before day 1 (prize money $2500 at this stage), this competition is shaping up to be a 4 day event. I hope in time a suitable compromise can be reached that promotes the sport and does'nt divide any! of us. As for the sponsorship Belly you were not far off the mark, we are well on our way to the required $10,000. . . .

Well said Ray. Not only that if we get any other sponsors jumping on board it gets all put into the prizefund. Had a nice PM from someone wanting to sponsor today. As ive said in earlier posts we want everyone to have a go at this. If you Male, Female, Youth, Junior, Senior or any other catergory. As the Radio add just said, Mildura has more sunny days than the Gold Coast. Not only that its a great Country bowling centre with great owners and staff (just ask the 60 game marathon bowlers). Keep all the comments coming and if anyone has any questions at all either put them on here or just PM Ray or myself.

Cheers

Deano

sounds great Deano, i would love to bowl in it as giving the marathon a go this year as well...........

i sure it will be a success no matter what due to bowlers who are not in it for themselves............

Good luck

Either it happens and the TBA jumps on board or it happens and they don't.

If it clashes with other tourneys then so be it. Bowlers will go to what they consider to be the best one.

Casual observer

I don't know who you are but your comments are exactly what bowling doesn't need. People like Cara are working bloody hard to raise the profile of the sport and unify all different parties into one strong body, we need to do is to work together to grow the sport not go seperate ways. Been down that path!!!

Casual observer

I don't know who you are but your comments are exactly what bowling doesn't need. People like Cara are working bloody hard to raise the profile of the sport and unify all different parties into one strong body, we need to do is to work together to grow the sport not go seperate ways. Been down that path!!!

You'll find these guys "Deano and Ray" can "Talk the Talk AND Walk the Walk"
Good on ya guys for getting it started and getting it out there.

Back
Top Bottom