Why the QLD selectors got it wrong

May i say Congrats to all that made the teams and commiserations to those who did not. It seems a shame that certain bowlers that 'should' have made the team didn't, to which i am sorry that this has happened. I was proud to make the Rachuig team last year and was kinda happy to do so this year. Being a newbie to the sport and to this site, it saddens me to read some of the comments, however, these are the opinions of experienced bowlers, for which i am not. I hardly know many of the people in the teams, yet i have had the priviledge of meeting some of the bowlers at the last two roll offs and other tournaments. They display a brilliant attitude on or off the lanes or can have a laugh with you, whether they made the teams or not. I applaude them for maintaining a positive attitude and i thank those who have offered advice or answered a seemingly stupid question from me. I may have not bowled well at the roll off, but i tried my best(with my limited experience and lane reading etc) and i still bowled 20 games like everyone else.

Some of us have to start somewhere, keep practicing and strive to make a team to improve. And yes i realize the comments over the various threads relate to the mens team, however, i felt compelled to say something.

This is my opinion, you can only choose so many players to fill the teams and if the bowlers chosen bowled well on the day then they deserved to be selected. In other sports I have seen too many rep teams chosen on past experience and what a disaster that can turn out to be. No disrespect meant to Rachuig bowlers from the past but would it be fair to say there needs to be new blood introduced from time to time! As the guys have said, lets stick together and stick it up em Queensland!!!

Grant

Congrats to all those bowlers who made the respective Teams, I wish you all the best in your endeavours to bowl rachuig for QLD in 2009.

An old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time"

I think there is a lesson in this to be learned by all of us.

Cheers Sam

Back
Top Bottom