Gold Coast Association Challenge 2008

Geoff I did sound a bit harsh and for that I'm sorry. Guess I was half expecting some sort of flaming - selection procedures are always contentious.
Anyway we've named our selectors publicly so if anyone does move down here they will be able to find us.
Incidentally there are some newish faces (new to the GC) around and they will be made aware of the current requirements. So perhaps we're already doing what you suggested. :)

Mark maybe if you brought your passion for an argument to your bowling maryborough might win the association challenge this year,oh that's right your not even it it;)This is a discussion about associations different selection processess it's not an argument or a bag out session we all know everyone is different leave your opinions in the toilet with the rest of the garbage that comes out of your mouth thankyou.

WELL KELLIE IF I KNEW THEY DID IT THAT WAY I WOULD SAY THE SAME THING.
FIRST FIVE PAST THE POST AND TWO SELECTED SEEMS TO A GOOD WAY TO ME.
SPEED THIS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MARYBOROUGH.
IT GETS ME YOU WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE THERE SAY BUT IF IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR YOU JUST HAVE A GO AT THEM.

I can't see in our first post where we asked anyone to have a say, I love the way everyone that isn't even rolling off putting their two cents in. Bottom line is if you don't want to put your form in because you don't like the way the committee has chosen to pick our team then don't. You are not even rolling off so I can't see why it would concern you, or how any other assoc chooses to get there assoc teams. I think the only people that need to worry about selection are the ones handing their forms in.

Who let the dogs out, woof, woof , woof wa woof.

Kellie hit it right on the head, why put your 2 cents in when it doesn't concern you, you arn't rolling off than it really doesnt matter. This post was to inform all GOLDCOAST bowlers about what is happening this year, and to give them in insight to what they will need to do to make the team.

So let's leave the bagging out to face to face value rather than pots shots from the rear.

leave your opinions in the toilet with the rest of the garbage that comes out of your mouth thankyou.

Speedwayster this bit of ure post is just asking for trouble and not what's best for the thread, so I guess best left for a pm next time.

We all have different ideas about whats the right & wrong way of forming a team. Sunshine Coast Association choose to select there team as we the Association Board Members feel this is the best way for US to get the best team possible. Some people who don't make our team will feel ripped off, this is life, we have all felt the disapointment of not making a team before. But we will always do our best to explain our decisions to these bowlers who don't make it, if the come to our meetings and ask. If anyone of our bowlers feel that this is not the best way to pick our team feel free to come to our association meetings which is on every second Monday night of every month to disscuss your concerns with us, and they may even be able to share our work load and time that we all put in for free, to make it all happen for everybody else to enjoy.

Chris

We all have different ideas about whats the right & wrong way of forming a team. Sunshine Coast Association choose to select there team as we the Association Board Members feel this is the best way for US to get the best team possible. Some people who don't make our team will feel ripped off, this is life, we have all felt the disapointment of not making a team before. But we will always do our best to explain our decisions to these bowlers who don't make it, if the come to our meetings and ask. If anyone of our bowlers feel that this is not the best way to pick our team feel free to come to our association meetings which is on every second Monday night of every month to disscuss your concerns with us, and they may even be able to share our work load and time that we all put in for free, to make it all happen for everybody else to enjoy.
Chris

HERE HERE.

Mark maybe if Maryborough and Hervey Bay put their heads together they could come up with a very strong team. Oh well its only idea. :D

Every assoc chooses it own way of handling their team selection whether it be Roll-off or Selection.Personally i like to see the Brisbane Team adopt the same way as TQI do for their roll-offs and kill 2 birds with one stone and have Championships at the same time. Instead we will have a 8 or 10 game roll-off with 1st seven past the post to make the team at Mt gravatt next yr.:confused::confused::confused::confused:( thats the word )

Good luck to Gold Coast on their new venture and hope it works out for them.

Still have enough time to get 18 games in. ;);););) Got Andy on my side and the Challange is at MY HOUSE, could get me in to the last 2 spots. :cool::cool:

Just Having Fun,

JESTER

36+ WEEKS to go Plebs

Speedwayster this bit of ure post is just asking for trouble and not what's best for the thread, so I guess best left for a pm next time.

Who ordered the BLACK KETTLE?????

Thanks for the giggle Princess Hammeriod ( GC lastest Recruit)!!!!

:D:D:D:D

JESTER STRIKES AGAIN

Got Andy on my side and the Challange is at MY HOUSE, could get me in to the last 2 spots. :cool::cool:
Just Having Fun,
JESTER
36+ WEEKS to go Plebs

Hey Tony, isn't it Pilko's house??, since he smashed you there???:)

Tony did you know thats there more to the association than just running a muck, staying up late, and not being drained by the end of day 2. If you conquor this my friend you might be able to help brisbane in to 3rd and maybe 2nd next year. Just make sure you know how many steps there are;)
Knight out

Mr Shinnie has asked me to post this resume for the bowlers wishing to nominate for the Gold Coast challenge team. This form must be filled out and handed in with your $20.

Attachments

• resume..doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 57
Just a couple of quick questions ...

Because this isn't a roll-off, if someone puts in their resume and doesn't get selected, are they free to roll-off for another association?

I know you are only allowed to roll off for one ... but what if someone puts in their resume, gets wind that they wont be selected and then withdraws their nomination?

Marto.

What a good question. Had to dig out the paperwork for that and the Challenge rules state

3c.
Any eligible bowler who may hold two or more memberships and/or affiliations with Areas/Associations who participate in the Association Challenge Tournament, may nominate only once for an Association Challenge team position. Should that bowler be unsuccessful with their nomination, the bowler shall not be eligible for selection by another Area/Association in the current year of competition.

It does say nominate and not roll-off so I guess there aint much doubt.
If the nomination is withdrawn before the selection then it isn't a nomination.

Get wind ... do the maths .. the way people talk about who is and isnt nominating ... you'd be able to get a fair idea of the team that would get picked. All you would have to do is ask around the bowlers ... most of them will know who is nominating and who isnt.

Get wind ... do the maths .. the way people talk about who is and isnt nominating ... you'd be able to get a fair idea of the team that would get picked. All you would have to do is ask around the bowlers ... most of them will know who is nominating and who isnt.

True Kel,
I think we had 6 men and possibly 4 women that would be in the teams and that just following the guidelines set out and who is bowling where and those who have put their name down for Twin Tour.

Don't worry, Gold Coast is unbackable already this far out to take Mens Ladies and the Combined.

Guess we're playing for 2nd!!!!!

Jester

Actually Tony I don’t think Jim, Kellie, Andrew or the Gold Coast for that matter is that worried at all…Seems to me that everyone else is more interested in what is going on with the Gold Coast then what the Gold Coast bowlers themselves are… maybe if some associations put more effort into their own Teams and worried about themselves a bit more maybe one day there Team might win something…With what I have seen with the History of the Gold Coast they seem to make the right choices and keep their finger on the Pulse…They also seem to keep ahead of the times a little also so I am guessing there results speak for themselves…As for just following guidelines there are one or two bowlers who seem to represent Brisbane that JUST BARELY do that year in and year out…

As for un-backable…I remember sitting at the dinner table last year when you said you would be bowling for Brisbane as it’s in your HOME centre and Tony Hamilton All stars had a ring to it…Now that what I call un-backable…So I guess those who are competing really only have 4 spots to play for if they want to make all stars at Aspley in 2008…

Maybe that is some of the problem I can tell you that the 3 and a bit years that I have been involved with the Gold Coast not one Bowler in those Teams has been there for All-Stars, they ALL PUT THE TEAM FIRST…

Back
Top Bottom