what's the oldest ball you own?

I got a Dick Weber 5 star, a dick weber powerball and an lt48. The powerball still gets a run every now and then.

I bought it to replace one that was stolen but I never really liked it. I think the last time I used it was over 10 years ago as a left hand spare ball. I always thought the powerball was a better ball. As for being a collectors item - doesnt mean much to me. Happy to give it up if it would mean something to someone else.

dave

While I own older balls, I still use a JPF Axe everywhere! (The original Black one.)

(Re: Black Diamond) Hehe.. I used one at Rachuig in 2005. Best spare ball ever:D

Nothing like that smell of rubber sitting on the ball return ;)

I almost won Junior Open Singles one year at Gosford with a Black Diamond! From inside 5th arrow! (Strict lane maintenance regime there... They oiled every Christmas, whether the lanes needed it or not!) ;)

A funny story... I once saw a guy using a really old LT-48 at Chester Hill when it first opened. The lane surface was a little too hard for this old ball, as it left black lines down the lanes wherever the guy threw it! Poor Hong the mechanic had his work cut out cleaning that one!

Wasn't one with the block letters on it was it?? :D

They got banned because they contained graphite in the covers, and used to leave "pencil" marks down the lanes. So Brunswick changed the covers slightly, kept the ball the same name, just used cursive writing on the logo's.

A purple Hammer Nova, I've had it around 10 years and it was Jeanette Bakers before i got it.. so not really sure of its age...

Oldest out of my 2 currently used is a Seawolf..not sure of the year..and no idea why it snaps more than my spider bite.

I think i have a Wine columbie U dot kicking around somewhere along with a trusty black knight

Back
Top Bottom