Just how Old is the Oldest Piece of Equipment you own?

They got given to bowlers in the masters pro-am in the early 80's, cant be too many blank ones floating around after 20 odd years.

The ball that Graham has pictured there, I have seen a guy named Bert Pepper using one down here as recently as about 5 years ago before he retired from bowling.
I bowled against him too, in about 1998 I think and he was still using the old black ball with the red stripe around it.
That ball looked as "shmicko" as the day he first bought it.

the oldest I have laying round the house are an old earl anothy ebonite magnum, a buster, and an old purple urethane angle

laying about i have
AMF pro roll
Cris Batson grabber
pink, black, purple, red 3D, blue 3D hammers
Turbo x
turbo pearl
and a few strikes in a box

MANHATTAN RUBBER

THA OLD BLOODY MARY,RED AND WHITES SWIRLS WITH A CORK INTERIOR , THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS ,,THERE SHOULD BE A TOURNAMENT AND EVERYONE HAS TO USE RUBBER OR EARLIER AND THAT WOULD SORT THE MEN FROM THE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill give it a go, only problem is where do we source the balls from :?: :?: :?:

IF EVERYONE WENT TO THIER LOCAL SECOND HAND SHOP OR CASH CONVERTERS THEY WOULD PROBABLY BE ABLE TO PICK UP A RELIC OR TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT WOULD BE FUN THOUGH AND PUT DOWN THE OLD CONDITIONS 4 QUALIFYING AND 100 UNITS OR VISE VERSA 4 THE FINALS,HEHEHEHEHEHEHE,THAT WOULD BE A SPECTICAL AND A HALF,,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST IMAGINE ALL THE 5,7,10,S ,,,,,,,,THE BOOK OF SHAME WOULD BE CHOCKERS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet, forget the thumbs, with 100 units gutter to gutter ill just use my two fingers thanks :D

The oldest ball that I have and used up to about 3 years ago was an AMF Americana (Red, White and Blue thing), apperently from the 70's.

I've got two early ninties relics, a black hammer which makes a excellent spare ball, and an green teal storm, made back when Storm was still HSP.

just wondering if someone could help identify how old my Manhattan Rubber is that I've got in my bag. The serial no is C434706 can't remember whether I bought it in the seventies or eighties.

Regards Jeff Elliott

Don't know exactly, but my 1959 model has a one letter - five digit serial number. Someone on asb (alt.sport.bowling newsgroup) may be able to offer more info.

Back
Top Bottom